Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1593013972077.jpg

Waterloo...

Jim

Mountainman,
You should fire a round in front of him and pepper him with dirt. The noise is a distraction but the dirt shower may let him know that it is too dangerous to be there. Even apex predators won't purposely put themselves in danger over food.

Mountainman,
You should fire a round in front of him and pepper him with dirt. The noise is a distraction but the dirt shower may let him know that it is too dangerous to be there. Even apex predators won't purposely put themselves in danger over food.

I actually shot the stump behind him. That was the only thing I had clear view of from my position. Any lower and I would have hit the hood of my U-Haul camper conversion. There was other stuff in the way in front of him. I had a clear shot at the bear but they are still protected by federal law and I'm pretty sure this one has a radio collar on him.

View attachment 45548
And that's with a paddle...

Jim

Reminds me of a 2-day canoe trip I went on. We rented canoes then stopped at a designated camping spot overnight then continued the trip the next day. The outfitter company moved all our camping gear to the camping spot then hauled it back out the next morning. It was a lot of fun… until…

The first day included several stretches of white water, then we camped. Overnight the river rose 7ft during torrential rains. Half of our group were stuck in trees until daylight. I checked the flood line on the trees before pitching my tent. I sat high and dry and watched the whole show, even managed to keep my campfire going. Those who could make it up the hill crashed with me.

I thought the first day was fun… that photo looks like the second day but a little on the slow side. We had lots of fast-moving muddy water, some foamy brown, tons of fun. Except for lost camping gear it was a great trip. But opinions varied...
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back