Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
008.JPG

@rusty that's a cute little grandson ya got there. Congratulations!

Someone posted a photo and info about Quanah Parker. His mother was white and abducted by Comanche Indians as a child. She lived with them many years and became the wife of the Comanche Nokoni tribe's chief.
The Texas Rangers captured her and she spent the last 10 years of her life longing for her family. She tried escaping to return to her Comanche family but failed. She eventually stopped eating and died of starvation.
Lots of interesting history in so many areas of the U.S.

@rusty that's a cute little grandson ya got there. Congratulations!

Someone posted a photo and info about Quanah Parker. His mother was white and abducted by Comanche Indians as a child. She lived with them many years and became the wife of the Comanche Nokoni tribe's chief.
The Texas Rangers captured her and she spent the last 10 years of her life longing for her family. She tried escaping to return to her Comanche family but failed. She eventually stopped eating and died of starvation.
Lots of interesting history in so many areas of the U.S.
One of my relatives was Jim Baker, a scout for Lewis and Clark. Because of some disagreement he quit along the trail and walked off. He ended up marrying a NA. He was Irish and had bright red hair. I bet their kids stood out.

They are well taken care of here. They are checked by a vet twice a year and have hundreds of acres for roaming. There are several ponds and a stream flowing through the acreage. This area has never been farmed, still natural prairie grass.

Yep, the green growth , leaves , then just a stem with a blossom on top.
They are pretty.
View attachment 47983
Jim
I just mowed the area mine are at Friday night and picked produce right beside them last night. This mornin I saw the stems standing there and ready to bloom. Amazing plants.

Latest posts

Back