Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sanctuary of Madonna della Corona is located in Spiazzi in and is one of the most picturesque locations in northern Italy

attachment.php

It looks to me like an example of "where not to build".
That mountain is not granite it is limestone...

That is pretty but I wonder who looked at that ledge and said "Hey, let's build a huge building there."
My guess is somebody said, If we build here they can't rape and murder us at will.

I think what would top off this year is if, right after Trump wins the election the Cascadia subduction zone let loose with a 9.5 quake and triggered a magnitude 8 quake on the San Andreas fault.
With the blue half of three states gone I'm betting we would have a much better next four years.

How about a big fat volcano to top it off?:ghostly:

I knew people who were born in sod shanties. Some of my ancestors were soddies. A sod shanty may not have been the most glamorous of homes, but it provided shelter when settlers first arrived. In some places, there were few or no trees to build with. Some people had dirt floors, some with rugs, some not.
Sod home, South Dakota.jpg

Last edited:
Today the youngsters brought in loads hay all day. They are going to leave 200 rolls here. It was nice weather for moving hay, overcast, temps in the low 80's. Yesterday I bush hogged out the lanes under the pecan trees and cleared debris out of the way for them.

I wish they'd bring one of the big tractors back here. I want to scoop up a few tons of cow manure from the hay rings and spread it over the garden. I could do it with the small Massey Ferguson in the photos but it would take a week. I could do it in a day with the big JD4020.

Hay 20sep20 a (1) sm.JPG
Hay 20sep20 a (2) sm.JPG
Hay 20sep20 a (3) sm.JPG
Hay 20sep20 a (5) sm.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back