Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1602556461427.png

After seeing so many Americans being stuck in foregn nations this past year and not knowing what is coming this fall and winter no way would I want to leave this nation now a days.
BacP did you watch the video or skip through the one with the Wynns? What a nightmare them and others went through when nations locked down this year.

After seeing so many Americans being stuck in foregn nations this past year and not knowing what is coming this fall and winter no way would I want to leave this nation now a days.
BacP did you watch the video or skip through the one with the Wynns? What a nightmare them and others went through when nations locked down this year.
I watched part of one or two. I cant imagine trying to get somewhere this year

This was the goofy-est horse I've ever owned, Moose. He made me laugh almost every day. He was always doing something silly to get my attention.

Once, after a snow storm, he rolled snow in a ball about the size of a basket ball. Then he got this hard packed ball stuck to the bottom of his hoof. He pretended he couldn't get it off and that it hurt. He started whinnying for me to come outside and help him. I saw him do all this out the window. I was laughing my butt off.

While riding he'd pretend to be lame when he wanted to go back to the barn...
biggrin.gif
it was always something with him. He loved to go sliding through large mud puddles from a full gallop. He was like a 5yrold kid.

In his prime he'd been a barrel racing horse. He was the fastest horse I've ever ridden.

Moose 01 sm.jpg

Last edited:
This was the goofy-est horse I've ever owned, Moose. He made me laugh almost every day. He was always doing something silly to get my attention.

Once, after a snow storm, he rolled snow in a ball about the size of a basket ball. Then he got this hard packed ball stuck to the bottom of his hoof. He pretended he couldn't get it off and that it hurt. He started whinnying for me to come outside and help him. I saw him do all this out the window. I was laughing my butt off.

While riding he'd pretend to be lame when he wanted to go back to the barn... View attachment 51811 it was always something with him. He loved to go sliding through large mud puddles from a full gallop. He was like a 5yrold kid.

In his prime he'd been a barrel racing horse. He was the fastest horse I've ever ridden.

View attachment 51810

He favors my last horse Tobacco, same colors , he was a tennessee walker and a real personality. I really do still miss him.
DSCN1174.JPG

He favors my last horse Tobacco, same colors , he was a tennessee walker and a real personality. I really do still miss him.View attachment 51813

I would sometimes go out at night and lay down with these two but Mr.Meers horse never would lay down around him. It use to bother him that the horse would jump up when he came around. But once the horse saw he was disabled and had teouble walking and moving around he let him lay down and stopped giving him trouble when he cleaned his hooves,he would pick them up for him and his whole personality changed.

Now I know how long a craftsman finishing sander will last... 27yrs. It died this afternoon without warning. It still turns on, just makes a weird grinding noise and the vibrating pad runs at half speed. I'm pretty sure I got my money out of it, several hundred projects through the years.

Sander.JPG

My old dremel tool is about toast. Most of the time the shaft brake will no longer hold the shaft which makes changing tips almost impossible. It had a good run. A model 400 I bought 16-18 years ago.

Of all the power tools I own I used my dremel tool more than any 2 of the others combined. It's just a handy little tool to own, a 100 uses.

My new model 4000 came today. It has a variable speed dial which I really liked about my old one. It's corded, has more power, better cooling ports and has a case. I hope it lasts another 16 years.

Dremel 01 (1).JPG
Dremel 01 (2).JPG

My old dremel tool is about toast. Most of the time the shaft brake will no longer hold the shaft which makes changing tips almost impossible. It had a good run. A model 400 I bought 16-18 years ago.

Of all the power tools I own I used my dremel tool more than any 2 of the others combined. It's just a handy little tool to own, a 100 uses.

My new model 4000 came today. It has a variable speed dial which I really liked about my old one. It's corded, has more power, better cooling ports and has a case. I hope it lasts another 16 years.

View attachment 51970View attachment 51971
I currently have 4 Dremels. One cordless, one with a long flex shaft, and 2 corded ones (one is a spare).

My daughter and I bought each other that same Dremel for Christmas 2 years ago. We didn't plan to buy them it just happened. I very rarely use mine.

Now I know how long a craftsman finishing sander will last... 27yrs. It died this afternoon without warning. It still turns on, just makes a weird grinding noise and the vibrating pad runs at half speed. I'm pretty sure I got my money out of it, several hundred projects through the years.

View attachment 51897
Just got a free replacement of a Snap-on ratchet I bought in 1970.

Is it still OK to say, "That is a nice rack!" or is that considered sexist now?... ;)

I stopped hunting years ago but my first thought was "perfect shot placement".
That is a nice rack.
Yeah, I couldn't look at it without seeing cross-hairs swimming over it either ;).

View attachment 51897
When you (and I ) purchased that sander there a building in Chicago named "The Sears Tower". Mine hiccups now and then but is still running.

Trivia:

I made an adapter that fits to the pad that pokes holes in the paper that will hold model paint bottles. Worked a treat.

Ben

I knew there was something I liked about you. ;)

I have been using (and destroying) Dremel tools for about 55 years now. The first pair I destroyed were my father's the rest have been mine. Mostly due to carving.

I had been getting by with Harbor Freight flex shaft tools but they were what mostly Harbor Freight (HF) tools, "Cheap tools Cheap". After having to take my chances with the HF flex shaft tool when trying to extract an flange from a bath tub, I decided to use my tool fund to break down and get a top-notch Dremel tool. What is the phrase? "Buy once cry once." I carefully priced out the options that come with the high-end tool on Amazon and decided to go for the Full Monty because I also needed case for all of the attachments I have acquired for the Dremel tool. After 55 years, one collects a lot of attachments.

20201019_144132[1].jpg

The top lid locks the drawer when the lid is closed.

20201019_144140[1].jpg

One modification I may make is to allow the tool to be stowed with the flex-shaft attached since it is in that form I used the tool most often. But for now, I have left it as it came.

20201019_144150[1].jpg

The foam liner for the drawer did not last long after I decided what I would keep in the case and what would be left in my shop as duplicates.

I hope this will be last Dremel tool I have to purchase since it was usually the bearing that would die because I put too pressure on the bearings. The flex-shaft attachment is not that expensive and if I can just replace the shaft, it will let me recover without having to purchase ANOTHER Dremel tool.

So count me in as another Dremel tool fan! dancing chicken

Ben

Latest posts

Back