Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found three saffron crocus blooming today, the first I've seen this year. You are supposed to pick them when they open to be able to get the saffron. I did. They smell really sweet.
saffron crocus, 2020.jpg

Sort of neat... I'm having eye surgery tomorrow on the University of Alabama Birmingham campus... their sports team is "The Blazers" and their mascot is a fire breathing dragon. I saw this by my hotel...

Edward Scissor Hands maybe?

Blazer sm.JPG

Last edited:
The things you have to do sometimes... After surgery my vision is 20/20 at 8ft. At 3ft or less I can't see crap. When I got to my hotel after surgery I discovered I couldn't read the labels on my medications.

So, I took a close up photo... Loaded the photo from my camera to my laptop... then blew up the photo so I could read the labels. Thankfully the instructions were simple. One drop from each bottle 4 times a day... A drop for pain, a drop of a steroid and a drop of an antibiotic...

Wouldn't you know it? The only drops that burn and hurt my eye are the pain killer... go figure!

Meds (3) am sm.JPG

The things you have to do sometimes... After surgery my vision is 20/20 at 8ft. At 3ft or less I can't see crap. When I got to my hotel after surgery I discovered I couldn't read the labels on my medications.

So, I took a close up photo... Loaded the photo from my camera to my laptop... then blew up the photo so I could read the labels. Thankfully the instructions were simple. One drop from each bottle 4 times a day... A drop for pain, a drop of a steroid and a drop of an antibiotic...

Wouldn't you know it? The only drops that burn and hurt my eye are the pain killer... go figure!

View attachment 53263

Mrs. Sparky had double cataract removal surgery yesterday.
Guess who gets to administer her drops for her?

I really don't mind. She was my stalwart companion and tenacious advocate during my dialysis and transplant, so now it's MY turn.

This morning when I checked out of my hotel... I thought - Its just 3hrs to Nashville, got 2 more days of clean clothes in the bags, critters are taken care of...

I almost took off to Nashville. Go for some great food, late fall and winter is the best time to go for music... And stop by Gruhn Guitars to drool for a bit, play some nice old instruments. I was soooo tempted but caution got the best of me, what if there is a problem with my eye, then it's 3hrs back to the hospital.

Gruhn Guitars sells used guitars, banjos, mandolins... very high end used instruments... Last time I was there I saw a nice old martin guitar for $195,000.00. It was beautiful and sounded better...

I've never seen anything there for less than 8 grand.

D45 Martin 1 (1)_v1.jpg
D45 Martin 1 (2)_v1.jpg

Last edited:
Back