Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beans would hurt people if he was in a bad enough mood or just felt mischievous. He got mad about something once and deliberately kicked a roll of chickenwire at me. He also chomped my leg pretty hard once- took one of the freckles off of it. The red cow saw him do it & got mad. She charged over & rammed him. He wasn't expecting it. He never tried to bite me around her again- and she followed me around like a puppy.
First pic is of a model boat my dad gave my sister. 2nd is an acrylic painting I made in art class.
View attachment 61894View attachment 61899

😂 The way you told that story I can just see that cow protecting you! Like a puppy 🤣

Me my brother my momma and my Grandpa. We shot a truck load of hogs that morning. We were all young back then, good thing because we cleaned hogs all evening. Grandpa has been gone 12 years now I miss him every day.
716A60E1-9A05-4D03-BEBC-785878EE161F.png

$600 for a single dress? Wow! I think my prom dress was maybe $100 and I wore it more than once. I tend to get most of my clothes at Walmart so I only get cheap stuff, but I felt that dress was expensive & it was the most expensive item of clothing I had. I gave it to a friend & she's going to modify it so it fits her (she's tiny). I hope she will make good use of it. I also gave her a belt and a jacket I got separately for it. I'm never going to wear or use them again.

matt, the cow was like an overgrown puppy when she was little. Followed me in the house once but her hooves couldn't handle the wood floor. She kept slipping and falling. I had to carry her out. We used to have a large tent in the back yard where she slept. I would get a chair and sit in there with her while rubbing her face and singing to her. She still likes to have her face rubbed and hear the lullaby.

Azaleas, in lawns all over the south but I never notice them until the wild one’s bloom. They are native to the eastern US with more species and sub-species than I’ve ever tried to count. Locally these are called “Honeysuckle Azaleas”. There are far more common names that Carter has Liver Pills.

Anyway, while driving I’ve been seeing the wild species in bloom for the last week. I saw these shrubs today while out checking medicinal plants at my favorite creek.

Edit to add... Azaleas are not medicinal, in fact they are quite toxic. Mtn Laurel, Azaleas and a couple of other shrubs I can't recall at the moment are at the same time the most beautiful blooms in the woods and the most toxic.

Azalea wild (1) sm.JPG

Last edited:
18 Foot Croc, photo is real.

A jaw-dropping picture of an Australian saltwater crocodile leaping from the water is apparently real, but is raising some questions about tour guide behavior on Australian rivers. From this story on ninemsn.com: _Concerned observers said the image of the 5.5m saltie, named Brutus, attacking a slab of meat demonstrates a worrying trend among some operators who want to give tourists a closer experience with nature. The photograph, taken by NT News staffer Katrina Bridgeford, first appeared on the front page of the paper under the headline "Yes, it's real". Despite the claim, there were questions around its legitimacy and whether it had been doctored electronically. But the newspaper insists the photograph is genuine. Tour operator Tony Blums, owner of the Jumping Crocodile Cruises on the Adelaide River, said the leaping crocodile stunt was staged in a way that was irresponsible and risked lives. "What they are doing is quite dangerous," he told ninemsn. "They are very gung-ho. The croc is far too big for the size of the boat they are approaching it with. "It is disturbing. A croc that size can fully flick itself up onto the boat from there, and that would cause some panic."

1617897116256.png

Sometimes panic is justified.

1617897398806.png

1617897289275.png

Latest posts

Back