Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's some cute ass....
FB_IMG_1620483037972.jpg

Jim

Thanks @Guardian .

I get 10GB of usage per month which is about 333MB per day. If I go over one day I have to use less the next. It's the only internet available to me.

You might want to take a look at Starlink internet satellite. I don't need it myself because my wife and I have fiber optic internet, but from the youtube video's it sounds really good.

We’re on the waiting list for Starlink Internet. Have been for a while.

I went to the website. The website couldn't tell me 1) if it's even available here 2) if there was a delay for service, waiting list. 3) Wanted me to place an order before finding out any details.

Sort of like buying a pig in a poke (sack). You know one's in there but you don't know if it's the one you want. Besides, it's $30 a month more than I'm paying now and they want $500 up front for the equipment. I want to see that pig trot around the pen before I spent that kind of cash, so I guess I'll pass.

I was talking to a customer who has Starlink internet, he went from no internet to a download/upload of 150 Meg per second.

Watch some YouTube vids on it. I'm sure you might change your mind.
Starlink is an asymmetrical connection I believe. Meaning that upload speeds are way lower than download speeds. 150Mbps uploads are currently only doable with a fiber connection I think. Not that many people would have use for, or even know what to do with that kind of upload speed.

Starlink is an asymmetrical connection I believe. Meaning that upload speeds are way lower than download speeds. 150Mbps uploads are currently only doable with a fiber connection I think. Not that many people would have use for, or even know what to do with that kind of upload speed.
There is also a delay involved in the design of Starlink between up an d down loads. That manifests as a lag if doing online gaming.

But for streaming videos or uploading videos it is supposed to be good.

Ben

"sleeping baby donkeys"...too too cute...won't let my hubby see it or he'll be looking for some!
Yeah, they grow up to be Asses...
Husbands or baby donkeys? Just kidding. I love my husband endlessly and I see a lot of wonderful men here in this forum. 🥰

My horse was a bay. That’s the view I had for many years. She was my best friend. 🥰

I had a big bay for a few years, a retired barrel racing horse. He was just plain goofy, made me laugh almost everyday. He'd come up with the darndest things to get my attention. He was also the fastest horse I've ever ridden.

Moose 01 sm.jpg

I’d never been so happy to get gas! 😄
302637DB-276A-46B1-8D50-7DD6D3B0DE30.jpeg

I had to fill up to go to a family graduation party this Saturday for my cousin 2 hours away. I thought I might have to cancel because by the time I got off work, there was no gas in the city!!!

Tuesday, I was in my work truck next in line to fill up when a guy with a big microphone came up and said, “Are you expecting to get gas?”
I said, “Yes.”
He said, “Did you know they just ran out?”
I said, “Oh, no!”
He said, “What are you going to do?”
I said, “If I can’t get gas I can’t work.”

At 5 pm a coworker called and asked, “We’re you interviewed for the radio?”
I said, “Yes.”
He said, “We heard you on the 1110 am Charlotte News.”

Now the joke at the shop is to call me the radio star. 😂

This has to be WV. It sure reminds me of where I lived there.

View attachment 66625
I drive past a place like that on the way to my remodel project. SW PA . Home of the whiskey rebellion. Those hollers are carved by water from springs and run off. The hollers are a catch basin and the water is captured maybe in that back building possibly a spring house that keeps good at about 56 degrees.

Nice place.

Ben

My mom and dad acquired this coffee table and end tables, when they rented an apartment ,when I was 7 years old. Dad said the old man said it was 50 years old then , that was 70 + years ago.

I've got it in a spare bedroom ,covered.

Can't find any info on it.
Anybody ????
View attachment 66667

Jim
Start by turning them over to look for markings

My mom and dad acquired this coffee table and end tables, when they rented an apartment ,when I was 7 years old. Dad said the old man said it was 50 years old then , that was 70 + years ago.

I've got it in a spare bedroom ,covered.

Can't find any info on it.
Anybody ????
View attachment 66667

Jim
Definitely Victorian.

Sunday, a friend & I went hiking on Crowders Mountain. It was a beautiful day & we took the back way up the mountain. We made it to the top & got some cool pictures of amazing views.
819103B2-30C6-438A-A1E6-8ACB86CBEC42.jpeg

E07C00EA-6CBA-42F8-B210-C52A5AFBB52A.jpeg

What we didn’t expect to find was a tight rope walker! 😳
9DC22877-2E23-4002-87BA-443F97B955D2.jpeg

9DC0A935-E972-487E-BF75-57B5177A367A.png

I got some cool videos too, I can’t upload them from an iPhone. #rucksackcircus is how to find them. Very impressive! 🤠👍

wounded vets

1621453982313.png

CAPTION: We see lots of pictures of wounded male veterans, but women vets get wounded and maimed too. You may need to take a second, closer look. The first thing I saw was a bunch of beautiful smiles. Study this picture again. Let the story it tells sink in.

These women and many others, as well as their male counterparts, paid this price for our freedoms. And, they did it for less than what welfare recipients are paid.

There is more patriotism and class in those 11 ladies pictured than the majority of Congress and the White House combined. And a HECK of a lot more than those over-paid athletes who choose to 'take a knee' when the National Anthem is played.

They risked these injuries (or death) FOR YOU and ME, AMERICA!

(Submitted by Harold Johnson)
from standeyo site​

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back