Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nice day for a scooter ride, after the chores were done.

IMG_0053.jpeg

It's a nice day for a scooter ride, after the chores were done.

View attachment 66868
I had a Vespa for years. Drove it everywhere.
(sorry, no pic of it. It was just an 'everyday' thing.)
Put over 24,000 miles on it before getting rid of it.
That's a LOT of around-town driving!
Carry a spare sparkplug. :thumbs:

I had a Vespa for years. Drove it everywhere.
(sorry, no pic of it. It was just an 'everyday' thing.)
Put over 24,000 miles on it before getting rid of it.
That's a LOT of around-town driving!
Carry a spare sparkplug. :thumbs:

Well this explains a lot.... :antiqueauto:

Who puts puts 24,000 miles on a toy??? :brewing:drink buddy

Simmer down now I'm just pulling the chain. Least you got to ride and I suspect had some fun.

Who puts puts 24,000 miles on a toy??? :brewing:drink buddy

Simmer down now I'm just pulling the chain. Least you got to ride and I suspect had some fun.
I was young and poor but a bona fide mechanical professional and could attest to it's superior engineering. No battery, no chain, no fanbelt, direct drive simplicity. Very few moving parts.
Extremely reliable and even carried a spare tire and the tools to change one.
Didn't take me long to find the "secret" to it :D.
Top speed on the road at WOT, 55mph.
Drafting 20-feet behind a semi-trailer, 65+mph:oops:.
I wished I could apologise to every trucker that ever said: "Do I have a fly stuck on my butt?"
It had a good windshield and I even picked up chicks with it:thumbs::huggs:

Ya’ll aint gonna believe this! Left the doc’s office about 3:30 and took a detour on the way home to do a little plant hunting. I'd driven more than 10 miles of gravel road to get to this spot. It’d been at least 4 miles since I’d seen a house or sign of human habitation.

I’d stopped to photo some plants in the sunflower family on the side of the road. Down in the woods I see what might be a clearing but something didn’t look right about it, spots of color that didn’t fit. So I took a stroll down there…

I found a sailboat in the middle of nowhere… It was sitting on big wooden timbers with what looks like California registration numbers on it. How did a sail boat end up in the heart of a wild forest, miles from people or a paved road and 300 miles from the nearest ocean?

This is a plant hunting story I’ll be telling for years!

Boat (1) sm.JPG
Boat (2) sm.JPG
Boat (3) sm.JPG

Last edited:
Ya’ll aint gonna believe this! Left the doc’s office about 3:30 and took a detour on the way home to do a little plant hunting. I'd driven more than 10 miles of gravel road to get to this spot. It’d been at least 4 miles since I’d seen a house or sign of human habitation.

I’d stopped to photo some plants in the sunflower family on the side of the road. Down in the woods I see what might be a clearing but something didn’t look right about it, spots of color that didn’t fit. So I took a stroll down there…

I found a sailboat in the middle of nowhere… It was sitting on big wooden timbers with what looks like California registration numbers on it. How did a sail boat end up in the heart of a wild forest, miles from people or a paved road and 300 miles from the nearest ocean?

This is a plant hunting story I’ll be telling for years!

View attachment 66918View attachment 66919View attachment 66920
I'm going to say, it's probably a lake that probably disappeared around 1000 years ago, just a truck drivers perspective, lol

We found this out in the middle of nowhere once. It was on a steep hillside in the mountains, no roads for miles and miles. No trail for at least a mile from it either. We were on a backpacking trip and had noted that there were some geocaching coordinates within a few miles of one of our camps. We were wondering "Who would hide something out here?" So we had to go bushwhacking to find it. It was in the middle of heavy forest.

There was this old, dead cabin. Next to it (visible in the second picture) was what looked to be the remains of a baby stroller! Who in the heck would have a baby, in a stroller, out in the middle of nowhere?

The third picture shows what we assumed was supposed to be our geocache, but whatever treasure was in there originally, we had evidently been beaten to it by the bears.

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

This old road I traveled today was filled with roses. It's a fairly common sight around here, escaped ornamentals in the trees and brush. There may have been a house nearby 100yrs ago... The house is long gone but the roses remain. It was nice to see.

Roses wild (1) sm.JPG
Roses wild (4) sm.JPG
Roses wild (5) sm.JPG

Last edited:
There was this old, dead cabin. Next to it (visible in the second picture) was what looked to be the remains of a baby stroller! Who in the heck would have a baby, in a stroller, out in the middle of nowhere?

Why not? Took ours out in the woods every chance we had to teach them about nature. Nice pictures at any rate and thanks for sharing. :)

AHA! That's what is growing in my front planters. They're all done blooming now though, and the vincas are taking over.
Nice! They are a bulb. I've planted many such things over the years. I like big flowers like peonies, but it is nice to have small flowers, too. We have several small vases that we use for things like this. It is sweet to have a 3 inch vase with these flowers in them.

venus.png

I wonder what planet the photographer took this picture from? Couldn't be Earth. Venus is closer to the Sun than Earth is, and has a smaller orbit. So from Earth's viewpoint, Venus will always appear to be close to the sun. If you are looking at a full moon as in this picture, you are looking directly away from the Sun. A full moon is when the Earth is directly between the Sun and the Moon (OK, not "directly" - that would be an eclipse - but close to directly). So Venus would not be there as they are implying with this picture.

Nice try news reporter, but you failed. Follow the science.

Latest posts

Back