Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and Jake at the Fathers Day bike show. We won 1st in our class today with my chopper.

jm1.jpg

I injured my back when I was 19 and feel the injury every day. I can walk, sit and crawl, but standing has always been hard on my back since my injury. Sitting in the sun is also something I have zero tolerance for. Since it has gotten so hot in Colorado this summer, I have been carrying a folding chair into the dog park and putting it in the shade. Last week my friend who plays for the Colorado Symphony asked me about why I was
Dog park bench.jpg
bringing in my chair. I told him that a bench in this spot would be perfect in the mornings. Well, he made this and put it in the spot and when I arrived this morning, there it was. I am so humbled and grateful and I am speechless.

Last edited:
Tell your friend, "Nice bench!" And tell him I have really missed going to the Colorado Symphony this last year, but have enjoyed the Zoom videos of them all playing together from their homes. Like this one:

When the video starts, he is the second person in the first row, playing the French Horn.
I have watched some of their videos. He has some videos as well. He has played on some well known stages in his lifetime.
They are playing Beethoven's Fifth Symphony at Red Rocks on Tuesday, June 29, at 7:30 p.m.
It looks as though they have a full schedule this year. https://tickets.coloradosymphony.org/events?view=list

If you ever get to Whidbey Island got to Toby's Tavern in Coupeville.
The back bar was originally brought around the horn and placed in the Fort Warden officers club in about 1900. It then moved to Fort Casey and then eventually to the Central Hotel in Coupeville. When the Hotel suffered a serious fire, the back bar was then moved to its current location at Toby's.
I have spent a lot of time with my arm on that bar. It was our favorite fishing hole until we went fishing and our wives pointed out we had forgotten our fishing poles.

If you ever get to Whidbey Island got to Toby's Tavern in Coupeville.
The back bar was originally brought around the horn and placed in the Fort Warden officers club in about 1900. It then moved to Fort Casey and then eventually to the Central Hotel in Coupeville. When the Hotel suffered a serious fire, the back bar was then moved to its current location at Toby's.
I have spent a lot of time with my arm on that bar. It was our favorite fishing hole until we went fishing and our wives pointed out we had forgotten our fishing poles.
There is one in the town where I grew up that came from Italy - is probably even slightly prettier than this one but I don't have a picture of it.
That darn fishin' hole dried up eh? 😂

@LadyLocust I once lived in the little town where Jell-o was developed and produced. The business grew so rapidly that the Hiltons opened a hotel there around 1900. Of course they had a hotel bar where opulence was the standard.

That bar looks a lot like the one that was still in the same bar in the 1990's. The hotel and the name Hilton were long gone but the bar remained.

There is one in the town where I grew up that came from Italy - is probably even slightly prettier than this one but I don't have a picture of it.
That darn fishin' hole dried up eh? 😂
We were there one night (fishing) and the phone rang. The bartender handed it to me and I said hello. Busted. My wife asked how the fishing was. I couldn't believe I actually answered the phone. She wanted us to bring her and a couple of other wives some crab.

instasize_210621235054.png

I was in a car just tapping for around ten to fifteen seconds to see which photos would come out of that.
Other than removing color, adding a sepia tone and enhancing contrast, there hasn't been any additional editing.

And boy, am I happy that the sun showed up right at the tip of the headless coconut tree!

View attachment 68468
I was in a car just tapping for around ten to fifteen seconds to see which photos would come out of that.
Other than removing color, adding a sepia tone and enhancing contrast, there hasn't been any additional editing.

And boy, am I happy that the sun showed up right at the tip of the headless coconut tree!
Now that's a cool photo! I looked up your country when you first joined so knew you were close to the ocean. Are you close enough to get ocean breezes also? It's been decades since I lived by the ocean (when I was in the Navy). Your photo makes me miss the ocean.

Now that's a cool photo! I looked up your country when you first joined so knew you were close to the ocean. Are you close enough to get ocean breezes also? It's been decades since I lived by the ocean (when I was in the Navy). Your photo makes me miss the ocean.
I'm sorry ☹️. I hope it's not miss in a bad way.

I don't live that far from the beach but not close enough for strong breezes. If a storm is coming from the ocean, then we do get them.

The best beaches are on the island nearby, called Pointe Denis. Every year, people go over there to watch the turtle hatch and walk to the ocean.

This Facebook group has some interesting posts. Since there are 9 reservations in South Dakota, there are some interesting posts about Native Americans. South Dakota History of Cities, Towns, places and people who made it great!
I am interested in the history of many things, including Native Americans.

Dewey Beard, Iron Hail.jpg

Akta Lakota Museum

Remembering Dewey Beard – Last Survivor of the Little Bighorn
Name: Wasú Máza (Iron Hail)
Birthdate/Place: ca. 1858 – Cheyenne River Indian Reservation
Death date/Place: 1955 – South Dakota
Best known for: a Minneconjou Lakota who fought in the Battle of Little Bighorn as a teenager. After George Armstrong Custer’s defeat, Wasu Maza followed Sitting Bull into exile in Canada and then back to South Dakota where he lived on the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation.
Iron Hail joined the Ghost Dance movement and was in Spotted Elk's band. He and his family left the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation on December 23, 1890 with Spotted Elk and approximately 300 other Miniconjou and 38 Hunkpapa Lakota on a winter trek to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation to avoid the trouble anticipated in the wake of Sitting Bull's murder at Standing Rock Indian Reservation. He was present at the Wounded Knee Massacre, where he was shot and some of his family, including his mother, father, wife and infant child were killed.
Iron Hail took the name Dewey Beard when he converted to Roman Catholicism. He was a member of Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show for 15 years. When he died in 1955 at the age of ninety-six, Dewey Beard was the last known Lakota survivor of the Battle of the Little Big Horn, and the last known survivor of the Little Bighorn Battle.

Latest posts

Back