Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look similar to Eastern Lubber grasshoppers. Most of the ones around here are orange and black but see the yellow and black ones occasionally. They are huge compared to normal grasshoppers.

GA grasshopper.jpeg

I might have posted this before... It's my favorite "What's wrong with this picture" picture. I was on a bus traveling down the Nile Delta. One side of the road was the Sahara desert, the other side was lush and green.

I almost didn't get my camera up in time... It was a farm, mud brick house, thatch roof, water buffalo in the yard AND a Mercedes in the driveway. It looked so comical...

Picture Wrong.jpg

Took this photo about 7 years ago. You can see a huge black object flying above the badlands. I took a series of photos and it is not in the one before or after. A Native American says it is a Thunder Bird, as good as explanation as any. It was far too big to be an eagle.

705271_602085739812508_264562337_o.jpg

...A Native American says it is a Thunder Bird, as good as explanation as any. It was far too big to be an eagle.
Here is a blown up picture. Looks like a huge bird. You would need to be there to get the perspective.

View attachment 69651
If that is what it was, it is a REALLY BIG bird:
giant-thunderbird-56c0d4de5f9b5829f86738ca.png

It looked that big in person. What is the bird in that picture?
Well, it ain't no buzzard! :rolleyes:
Just another one that doesn't exist, per scientists. Only a legend told by Indians.
https://www.liveabout.com/the-giant-thunderbird-returns-3862215
Centuries-Old Legend
The legend of the Thunderbird reaches back hundreds of years as part of the mythology of several Native American tribes of the Pacific Northwest and the Great Lakes region. It might have remained strictly a part of those cultures had not the great winged creature been seen countless times by the "white man" over the centuries.

Last edited:
My old outhouse finally filled, after blowing over twice in 15 years, so one day I just lit a match to it. After a couple of days of cooling off, I used a posthole digger to empty the ash out of the hole, re-lined it with cinder blocks, rebar & concrete, built a new outhouse atop the old hole. Nothing left down there but fine powdered ash. New structure is a bit nicer, closing door to keep the rattlers out. Worst thing one can imagine is a big rattler crawling in while you're indisposed.

Attachments

• old outhouse.jpg
    old outhouse.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back