Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this man standing on the street in Denver once, smoking a cigarette.
I have forgotten how much time he has done in prison.

Photo shared in USHistoryGroup on Facebook.
Russell means.jpg

Saw this man standing on the street in Denver once, smoking a cigarette.
I have forgotten how much time he has done in prison.

Photo shared in USHistoryGroup on Facebook.
View attachment 70741
[/QUOTE
That is Russell Means. He died in 2012.

Last edited:
No idea who that is.
Russell Means, a Lakota native who is known for causing riots and other problems. He is from Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. He has also been in a few movies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_MeansFilmography
Film

Seeing this post about him makes me want to research about him. I know little of his life and all that happened on Pine Ridge and other places where he was with his angry self.
I think you are thinking of Leonard Peltier.

Today I found a new plant I've never seen before, which is rare for me. Anyway I thought I'd share. It was over in my pasture where I was bush hogging. It's native to India and parts of asia. Now an invasive in south and central America and a handful of counties in the US, now there is one more.

It has long been used in Ayurvedic medicine. It's a very powerful medicine which also means it can be dangerous. Pregnant ladies shouldn't use it at all as it can cause miscarriages. I spent the last couple of hours reading up on it (below is a short excerpt I found).

It's also a nasty invasive that can damage pasture and hayfields. So I either control it or eradicate it... haven't decided yet, need to do some more studying.

The blooms curl like a scorpion tail.

Indian heliotrope/Scorpion Tail aka HELIOTROPIUM INDICUM L.

Indian Heliotrope has therapeutic properties due to the presence of chemical components viz. Pyrrolizidine Alkaloids, Tannins and Saponins. Alkaloid component (indicine principal base, echinatine, supinine, heleurine, heliotrine, lasiocarpine and lasiocarpine N-oxide) is responsible for anti-in ammatory, wound healing, antiseptic, antimicrobial, febrifuge, stimulation of gall bladder functions and menstruation stimulating properties. The most important local application of the plant are for the skin lesions, wounds, abscesses, gastric and varicose ulcerations, rashes and warts.

Leaves decoction is used as a vermifuge. Leaves juice is antiseptic, anti-in ammatory and applied topically wounds, sores, boils, gum-boils and pimples on the face, warts, tumors, yaws, skin allergy, scabies, eczema, etc. It is also used locally in in ammation of eyes. To prepare eyewash, 3 leaves are boiled in 1 cup water for 10 min and strained. The leaves poultice is applied on rheumatic pain, insect stings and wounds. For scorpion stings and snakebites the paste of leaf is applied topically.

Indian Heliothorpe  3 a .JPG
Indian Heliothorpe  4 a .JPG

Last edited:
Peanut, I used to see those growing around. Haven't seen them in a long time though.

Mom had a weird heart-shaped chip from her Lays bbq chips pack.
momsbbqheartchip.jpg

The plate it's on is something we purchased almost 20 years ago. I found unopened stacks of paper plates in one of the cabinets.

Also went out to my car port and got pics of the miter saw. Blade is rusted but I'm hoping I can get it working at some point. Need to figure out how to replace the blade & what blade to get.
sawincarport1.jpg
sawincarport2.jpg
sawincarport3.jpg

Oh, wow, that's just so disgusting.
I'd say!

The Princess freaks out when I pulled up my pants to emulate Jerry Nadler . I suspect she would shield her eyes and turn away if I ever tried that one.

What kind of group think leads up to a picture like that?

Ben

Oh, wow, that's just so disgusting.
Isn't it interesting that almost naked women get so much more attention and approval than almost naked men? Of course, these are not young and attractive men. If women of heavy stature were dressed in bikinis, there would probably be as little interest.

Last edited:
Right? I wondered the same thing when I saw it.
Something about those hats and the fact they haven't been swimming makes me think Groundhog Day:

groundhogday.jpg

It is a celebration of silliness after all.

Something about those hats and the fact they haven't been swimming makes me think Groundhog Day:

groundhogday.jpg

It is a celebration of silliness.
Were the women from the Norwegian volleyball team swimming, thus the requirement for a bikini? Nope! There is so much I could say, but I won't.
The hats were something I wondered about. It seems that playing volleyball with a hat like that would be a little odd and awkward.
And you know the whole thing is to poke back about the bikini requirement. Can you imagine if the male volleyball team were required to dress like that, just in swim suit part, no hat? The idea would be laughed at, forever!

The blade is easy to replace. Just remember it is left-hand threads so turn the nut counterclockwise.
Before you replace the blade fire it up and see if the saw works. Cut a few boards and give it a good test run.
Thanks. I wonder which side the nut is on. I'll have to examine it more thoroughly when it's not hot as hell outside. I'm going to have to end up moving the thing by myself since my brother is a useless jerk.

Thanks. I wonder which side the nut is on. I'll have to examine it more thoroughly when it's not hot as hell outside. I'm going to have to end up moving the thing by myself since my brother is a useless jerk.

Its a Craftsman so I would bet if you plug in the model number on the web you will get a user manual and / or parts list. Seems similar to mine only a bit older.

Latest posts

Back