Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 72011View attachment 72012

Found this weld together contraption near a delivery today, had to stop and take a picture of it,

I'm still unsure if the builder should be congratulated or referred to the county mental health unit.

Some more cowboy wallpapers.
rodo 01 a.jpg

Haertig! I'm so happy to see you posting. Those are gorgeous photos. First few ones reminded me of Guam. I'm guessing Hawaii because of the volcanic rocks though?

I was trying to get better pics of the setup in my well shed and saw this cute little amphibian on the lid of the cistern
Frogoncistern.jpg

A lot of the frogs had disappeared for awhile but they seem to be coming back and that makes me happy. We had one on the side mirror of the truck the other day.

My baby came to see me when she saw me near the well shed. We used to keep the feed out in this area but it got so overgrown and became difficult to manage.
Kwai9-9-2021_1.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen many strange things in drive-thru's also, some down right funny. Years ago in a small town there was a guy in a datsun pickup ahead me at the drive thru. A little boy, about 4/5 was in the truck bed. When the guy pulled up to the window he noticed his little boy, who was peeing off the side of the truck! At least he was facing the building...

I was already laughing... The guy yells, then tried to open his door but can't because of the pay window. The girl at the window was howling also! Gawd that was funny! The guy finally shut his door and shook his head... Wasn't anything he could do... hysterical!

View attachment 72439
View attachment 72439This is what happens when the deer get hungry! They come to the back door!

That's a white tail deer isn't it? Reason I ask, here white tail doe's are matriarchal. The doe's will form a herd, many times w/daughters and grand daughters. The same family of doe's have lived within a mile for a couple of decades. Hope you're not going to be planting a garden... being friendly can be a mistake.

That's a white tail deer isn't it? Reason I ask, here white tail doe's are matriarchal. The doe's will form a herd, many times w/daughters and grand daughters. The same family of doe's have lived within a mile for a couple of decades. Hope you're not going to be planting a garden... being friendly can be a mistake.
Yes whitetail. Have a herd of about 9-12 that are daily visitors. 4 generations. Very hard to garden but I try. Do a lot of container gardening so I can spray deer away around the pots. The little gal in the picture got in my feed shed yesterday, door was open a few moments, I think she'd come in the house😳🙂.

@Pearl Around here a doe will only live 7-8 years. After about 6yrs their teeth become badly worn. Older doe's will become a nuisance trying to find food they can chew. All those tender veggies in your garden become more temping. Old doe's are the ones I catch in my garden. At least thats been my experience.

Maybe that fearless doe who begs for food has worn out teeth?

Here is a good guide for judging a white tails age by tooth wear.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_bk_w7000_0755.pdf

@Pearl Around here a doe will only live 7-8 years. After about 6yrs their teeth become badly worn. Older doe's will become a nuisance trying to find food they can chew. All those tender veggies in your garden become more temping. Old doe's are the ones I catch in my garden. At least thats been my experience.

Maybe that fearless doe who begs for food has worn out teeth?

Here is a good guide for judging a white tails age by tooth wear.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_bk_w7000_0755.pdf
That's really neat!! My little gal was born a year ago April. Her mom is about 17yrs old, she was not quite 2 when I lost my mom. She has a very distinctive scar on her hip do I know it's her. Have 2 more for that are about that age. They live a protected life around here, but those 3 old gals don't hold their weight well. They still have kids every though!

They don't hold weight because they are no longer eating properly. They can't, their teeth are worn out. Most deer who die naturally, die from starvation or it's secondary effects.

Some deer do live longer than 7 or 8. I had a big black doe living by my peach orchard that lived about 12 years. She had several generations in her little herd. I knew the last deer I killed (hit with my truck), she was a great grand daughter of Blacky.

Latest posts

Back