Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Pearl Almost forgot, took this Friday. My horse, his name... Bud, short for Buddy! Or should be Mr. Piggy! Look how fat he is!

Most of you have seen the recent photos of sick neglected cattle I've posted, nothing but bags of bones. The pastures are unfertilized and have been overgrazed for 3 years...

I take care of this horse, in the same pastures as the cows... All it takes is a little effort.

Calf horse 1  a.JPG

@Pearl Almost forgot, took this Friday. My horse, his name... Bud, short for Buddy! Or should be Mr. Piggy! Look how fat he is!

Most of you have seen the recent photos of sick neglected cattle I've posted, nothing but bags of bones. The pastures are unfertilized and have been overgrazed for 3 years...

I take care of this horse, in the same pastures as the cows... All it takes is a little effort.

View attachment 75190
He's happy!!

In 2007 a local 7-Eleven had a temp facelift remodel to resemble the Simpsons cartoon store and one of the stores in Henderson, Nevada where I was a Police Officer was selected for this make-over. At the start of shift our squad went to the store to take some pictures. I am 2nd from the right. My favorite "work wife" is on the far right. We had a good shift that year, but our Sargent was the worst I ever had, and the 2nd worse was pretty darn bad. I had a "Squishy" that morning and later that week bought a case of "Buzz" cola. Sadly I kept the case of Buzz cola in the garage and the heat caused all the cans to burst. It would be awesome to still have that case of Buzz cola. Ugh.

Attachments

• Kwik-E-Mart cops.JPG
    Kwik-E-Mart cops.JPG
    799.6 KB · Views: 77
My old neighbor "Shorty" and his old hot rod. Shorty became a friend day one when I bought my property. He kept asking me when I was going to start building the house. I finally told him "next week" and on Monday at 8:30am I was sleeping in my trailer and heard lumber tossing around on the cement slab. I got dressed and walked outside and asked what he was doing. His reply, "If you quit burning daylight we can start building this house." I didn't ask for help, he didn't offer help, he just showed up every morning Monday through Friday and woke me up with the sound of lumber bouncing off the cement.
Both my grandfathers had died well before I was born so I never had a grandfather. Shorty was younger than my parents but older than my oldest sister, but he was old and was the closet thing I ever had to a grandfather. Sadly, Shorty passed last year but I got to spend 5 years visiting and working with him creating memories that will last my lifetime. If/when I finish the house I will create a photo album and document each step of the building process with Shorty's help.

Attachments

• Shorty -1962.jpg
    Shorty -1962.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Shorty - 2016.jpg
    Shorty - 2016.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 41
  • House Framing 7-22-16.jpg
    House Framing 7-22-16.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 40
My old neighbor "Shorty" and his old hot rod. Shorty became a friend day one when I bought my property. He kept asking me when I was going to start building the house. I finally told him "next week" and on Monday at 8:30am I was sleeping in my trailer and heard lumber tossing around on the cement slab. I got dressed and walked outside and asked what he was doing. His reply, "If you quit burning daylight we can start building this house." I didn't ask for help, he didn't offer help, he just showed up every morning Monday through Friday and woke me up with the sound of lumber bouncing off the cement.
Both my grandfathers had died well before I was born so I never had a grandfather. Shorty was younger than my parents but older than my oldest sister, but he was old and was the closet thing I ever had to a grandfather. Sadly, Shorty passed last year but I got to spend 5 years visiting and working with him creating memories that will last my lifetime. If/when I finish the house I will create a photo album and document each step of the building process with Shorty's help.
How cool!!

I just saw on the news that a guy in Lake Charles nicknamed "Shorty" who was very popular in the community, helped charities, gathered recycling materials, etc passed away. Looked completely different than your Shorty, Inresponse. I never met the guy but I admit I teared up watching the news program. He seemed like a very nice man. The news people were pretty upset.

It's a product photo, but I admit I kinda want it (well, I'd want it if I had a mansion with a library with Chesterfield style leather sofas and couches & stuff). I'm adding it to my wishlist of objects for Sims4. LOL. Gonna have to see if anyone has made something like it. It would actually make a neat little couch for toddlers.
1636668448308.png

Took this picture of one of the tortie kittens sitting in a stroller on my friend's porch
1636668582239.png

We squirrel hunted in the swamp a lot, got a big mess of squirrels once. Dad was cleaning them at home on the tailgate of the truck. He was tossing entrails and hides to the dogs (running walkers). A kitten had got into the bed of the truck and kept trying to get the squirrels in the pan of salt water.

Dad tossed the kitten at a hound that caught it thinking it was a hide. I’ll never forget the look on that dogs face when he realized the “hide” was alive and climbing out! It was funny! The next hide he caught he dropped and sniffed before eating it. 😁

The kitten went to the barn where he belonged, quickly.

I don't think I've been squirrel hunting since those years.

Thats-No-Moon.jpg

Every toaster has a setting like that. I don't know why.
I remember my father burning toast then scrapping the black stuff off with a butter knife. He seemed to like it that way.

Related...

The Princess got a convection toaster oven. After she princinerated some meat ball sandwiches I had to school her on what the burnt toast setting looked like. :rolleyes:

She said "Oh!"

Ben

Ben

Ha! I knew that peak reminded me of Mt Etna! I searched the name in the bottom right corner of the pic. This is what I found.
-------------------------------------
Giancarlo Tinè
Ragusa, Italy, Italia
I love photographing sicilian landscape and Mount Etna is my passion.

500px
-------------------------------

The first time I saw Etna we were anchored in the bay to the east. It happened the sun set directly behind the peak. It was an optical illusion. The sun seemed to hang behind the mountain with just a point of sun visible. The darker it got the brighter that spot of sun got. It wasn't the sun, it was the glow of the lava at the tip of the peak.

Here are two of Mt. Etna erupting from this same guy.

etna 01.jpg

etna 02.jpg

Nope. It's real.
You are never going to be able to see that many stars at twilight. And that is civil twilight in the picture, not even nautical twilight, certainly not astronomical twilight. Sure, some parts of the image may have originated from a photograph, but it is definitely a work of computer manipulation. It's still a neat picture though.

I like this one too (from the Jodi Foster movie "Contact"). Parts of it are from a real photograph too, but it's obviously computer manipulated on top of that, just a titch.

beach.jpg

Latest posts

Back