Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a shell for my range truck. I no longer have to pull my targets and return them to the shed every week.
20220103_182936.jpg

I found some real estate pics of my sister's house/kitchen from before she purchased the house.
1641425526574.png
1641425592126.png
1641425994396.jpeg

That butcherblock thing wasn't left behind. The trash can is now moved over to that spot and the cat food bowls are where the trash can used to be.
This is the living room
1641426116796.jpeg

1641425801120.jpeg
1641425945800.jpeg

I wish I had more recent pics to show the changes. If it were up to me, I'd change the paint color. I correctly guessed that Behr paint was used. Previous owners left the paint cans in the garage. I've offered to paint for her on my next visit out there.
She wants me to figure out something to do for the decoration above the fireplace. It's just empty space up there. Her previous house had a custom mantel made by our father.
The only recent pic I have is one she took of her cat, Maui, peeking over the counter.
1641426239701.jpeg

It was actually a lot lower than I expected for the area. I guess it had been on the market for awhile when she got it. Sellers hid some damages to tile that they had to pay to replace when it was discovered. But they also took stuff they were supposed to leave- like the bar stools and curtains. They even took the curtain rods. I noticed that the upstairs bathrooms don't have vents to remove moisture. I hope that won't be a problem further down the line, but I made sure she was aware of it.

I'm the jacka$$ that goes in with a measuring tape when looking at houses for sale. I measure distances of nonGFCI outlets from sinks, measure distance of walls from center of toilet (found some were less than code allowed), examined all of the visible plumbing to look for proper slope on pipes and make sure they weren't S-trapped.

General purpose seax style knife. An old project, like the sword I posted earlier, that I never finished. Trying to burn through all my old shop projects while I still have the chance.

5160 steel, oak and solid copper fittings:

IMG_5136.jpeg

Rough blade for a Rondel dagger, fresh out of the oven after tempering. Its hard to tell in the picture but its the nice straw/light brown color you want most blades to temper to. Like everything, else, also an old project that I'm trying to get done. Probably forged this blade ten years ago, just got around to heat treating last night.

IMG_5139.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back