Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On way to a job site, had to share. 20220202_144057.jpg

Really cold this morning...17 degrees...the extra water coming out of our rain barrel goes into a big tub which we use for the dog water, the garden, and it is one plug of ice today...the tub is frozen up as well...dropping to -5 tonight so they say..Brrrrr....
1643941226335.png

Anyone else want to go swimming? I also have 300 pounds of lemons. Come get 'em!View attachment 79599
It's probably not worth shipping them USPS. Know anyone who is driving to Colorado?
I have often thought to have someone send me a box of black walnuts or other nuts that are too much for them. My cousin in Michigan told me that they have so many black walnuts and the trees have poisoned their land. I'm sure it would cost a lot to get them here as well.

Photo from a friend in South Dakota taken a couple days ago of his land. They got a hint of snow this week, as opposed to the amount that others have gotten. Almost no measurable snow this winter for them.View attachment 79761
Thats not good. Snow melt is a large part of their moisture for the year.

I FINALLY tackled cleaning up mom's trash in the living room. My brother had promised to do it but he didn't so I had to do it. He helped a teeny bit but not much. I'm sure he'll tell people he did most of the work though. Pics of the before and after. Sadly, I lost daylight, lights don't work in that room, and my back gave out. It looks like you should just be able to scoop it all into the bag, but no, bottles have to move all over. End table got in the way so I ended up pushing it over in frustration.
MomsmessFeb6-2022_1.jpg
MomsmessFeb6-2022_2.jpg

I found the floor!
MomsmessFeb6-2022_3.jpg

MomsmesscleaningFeb6-2022_1.jpg
MomsmesscleaningFeb6-2022_2.jpg

All the snowy pics and this is what it looks like outside at my place (I was photographing the old satellite dishes I scavenged from)
Aminatu&KwaiyingFeb6-2022.jpg

Fence and carport were damaged by a 300yr old oak tree that fell a few years back.

Then we have my lovely Temjin with her new neck pillow to stop her from chewing on her side/fur. She chewed a wound into herself.
TemjinFeb6-2022_1.jpg
TemjinFeb6-2022_2.jpg
Temjinneckpillowcrop.png

On the wall behind her in the top pics are some of the awards my father got over the years. When I get this room cleaned up better I'll have to get better pics of them. I think more are stacked up in the closet. He couldn't fit all of them. He jokingly called it his "walls of shame".

Progress on my 3rd day of cleaning. I couldn't mess with Mom's stuff too much by her desk.
MomsmesscleaningFeb8-2022_1.jpg

This is her antique cabinet. Need to use some Pledge on it.
MomsmesscleaningFeb8-2022_2.jpg
MomsmesscleaningFeb8-2022_3.jpg
MomsmesscleaningFeb8-2022_4.jpg
MomsmesscleaningFeb8-2022_5.jpg
MomsmesscleaningFeb8-2022_6.jpg
MomsmesscleaningFeb8-2022_7.jpg
MomsmesscleaningFeb8-2022_8.jpg
MomsmesscleaningFeb8-2022_12.jpg

Need to find the charger for the new vacuum and clean the carpet.
I see I missed a cookie thing under her chair. But, I have a trash can setup for her to use now.

Latest posts

Back