Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Grant Daughter ---- one of 8

Qe9T8ru.jpg

14 years ago a few 7-Eleven's around the country redecorated for a month or two as a Kwik-E-Mart. The first morning our shift left briefing early for a group picture.

View attachment 80222
I am second from the right.
View attachment 80223
There was one in Denver. Daughter and I went there on the 4th of July. They had products that you would see on the Simpsons. I bought a box of the cereal and used it at our Christmas party in the white elephant gifts.

About 10 years prior to the Kwik-E-Mart a big home builder company built a Simpson's house in Henderson, Nevada. They spent a bunch of time watching the various shows to figure out the floor plan, decorations, and colors of everything. For a few months they had tours to walk through the house and yard. Afterwards they gave the house to a lucky winner. The winner took the cash instead of the house and the house sat empty for many years. Many people who bought other houses in the neighborhood continuously complained not only about the house being empty, but because people were still stopping by on a daily basis to take pictures. They also complained that it "didn't fit in with the rest of the neighborhood". Dumbasses knew it was there when they bought their house and then complained about the way it looked. I don't remember if the house is still there or if it was torn down and replaced.

1644694050049.jpeg

I bought 2 cases of the Simpson's themed BUZZ Cola, donated one case to a fundraiser and kept the other case unopened for myself as a souvenir, but the summer heat in the garage in Vegas caused the cans to burst open at the top opening thingy so it ended up in the garbage. The four 6-packs were in their plastic holder and had the original plastic wrap on the cardboard base. I can only imagine what that case of BUZZ Cola would be worth today.
1644694678886.png

I bought 2 cases of the Simpson's themed BUZZ Cola, donated one case to a fundraiser and kept the other case unopened for myself as a souvenir, but the summer heat in the garage in Vegas caused the cans to burst open at the top opening thingy so it ended up in the garbage. The four 6-packs were in their plastic holder and had the original plastic wrap on the cardboard base. I can only imagine what that case of BUZZ Cola would be worth today.
View attachment 80227
I have this problem with my garage, but it is usually freezing that is my problem. I don't drink much soda, and don't usually keep it in the garage.

Nice little toy! do you shoot often?

The pic is from last summer but I took a drive down this road today. It's still beautiful in winter. A friend has about 300 acres down this creek. This little valley is loaded with medicinals, my favorite place to hunt plants.

Everyone has heard the joke about directions that say "Leave the paved road".

Getting here includes "careful crossing the bean fields" and "if you can't see the bottom of the creek don't try to cross"

beans 01 a.JPG
beans 01 ab.jpg

OK, so I am a few days late but I just saw this today.

Today in Detroit history, February 8th, 1985, Stroh’s Brewery announced that it would be closing its Detroit facility. The Stroh’s family began brewing beer at a small inn in Germany, but it would be Bernhard Stroh who brought it to Detroit. He moved to Detroit in 1850 with his family’s beer recipe in hand. The Stroh’s factory was made up of multiple buildings that sat on Gratiot, near I-75. The first building was built in the 1860s, with the most recent building completed in 1914. By 1956, the factory was brewing 83.7 million gallons of beer annually, making Stroh’s Detroit’s largest beer brewer and the third largest brewery in the country.
By the 1980s, Stroh's Brewing claimed the factory became too large, outdated, and expensive to operate. On February 8th, 1985, the company announced the impending closure of the Detroit factory, which officially shuttered in May of that year. The factory was demolished later that same summer.
The company continued producing beer in other facilities until it was sold in 1999 to Miller Brewing and Pabst. In 2016, the Stroh’s brand was reintroduced as a part of Corktown’s Brew Detroit, which saw several styles of Stroh’s beer being produced again, including their original Bohemian Style Pilsner.
Raise a glass and join us in cheering Stroh’s and Detroit’s proud brewing past!

1644879838418.png

This was the first 4 color shirt I designed. I made it at the request of a former partner on the department because he wanted to wear it to the Guns & Hoses charity hockey game. He showed it to the police union and they refused to consider it, one of the complaints was that it had my badge number on the badge and the front of the Tahoe. Hell, I made the damn thing why wouldn't I use my own badge number? The other complaint was that it picked on firefighters, but it was designed for the hockey game against the firefighters. Anyways, I probably sold about 20 to various people on the department and probably about 30 to strangers who saw it on various locations on the internet. I only charged $20 shipped via USPS, total bargain price even back then.
I still have mine, it is like new, I seldom wore it but I do pull it out occasionally.
1644943605511.png

Latest posts

Back