Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a pic of my EDC
20220611_132359.jpg

I know its been awhile since the skirt/dress discussion but I had an elderly friend who was old-fashioned and waited on her husband hand and foot. She did wear pants though. I was actually surprised when she told me she wore a pants-suit at her wedding. Her mother was a seamestress and made it for her white pants and top if I recall. She passed away last year so I can't ask her for photos.

To stay on topic, someone posted this on a FB group I'm in (snake identification group). From Alabama. They just moved in to a new house and found this when they got home from the store (harmless rat snake):
1654996858960.png

I'd keep it and name it Brinks. :p

I know its been awhile since the skirt/dress discussion but I had an elderly friend who was old-fashioned and waited on her husband hand and foot. She did wear pants though. I was actually surprised when she told me she wore a pants-suit at her wedding. Her mother was a seamestress and made it for her white pants and top if I recall. She passed away last year so I can't ask her for photos.

To stay on topic, someone posted this on a FB group I'm in (snake identification group). From Alabama. They just moved in to a new house and found this when they got home from the store (harmless rat snake):
View attachment 87805
I'd keep it and name it Brinks. :p
I would move. :D

LOL. It would be a problem if it was a venomous snake. Fortunately, just a harmless one. But great way to deter unwanted visitors from trying to touch the door. If the admin on the fb page hadn't locked the post I would have asked them if Brinks had anything to say about their security guard on the handle. :p
I found some real estates of a house we used to live in (in California). The plum tree in the front is gone. Playhouse, seesaw, swingset, etc are gone (they were in the open green area toward the back fence). They pulled carpet in the living room and replaced it with laminate it looks like. Replaced countertops and cabinets. I'm pretty sure they changed the tile around the pool. They took down the fence that separated the yard from the pool (which dad put up to keep my brother from falling in as he was a toddler when we first moved in). He still managed to climb over it on the edge by grabbing on to a tree fell in, and almost drowned. Fastest I ever saw Mom move. She climbed over the fence and jumped into the pool with her shoes on to grab him. Neighbor (who was a firefighter) was halfway over the fence when she made it to my brother. I'd have to show them to Mom to see if she spotted any other differences. I know that wasn't the same tile in the kitchen.
19032269_1.jpg
19032269_3_1.jpg
19032269_4_1.jpg
19032269_6_1.jpg
19032269_8_1.jpg
19032269_9_1.jpg
19032269_22_1.jpg
19032269_23_1.jpg
19032269_26_1.jpg
19032269_2_1.jpg

Cornfield in South Dakota, 1931
A farmer stands alone after grasshoppers decimated his cornfield. In the upper right of the picture trees once stood with leaves, but now show no signs of life. After the grasshoppers destroyed the corn, they also took care of the trees. (Leaves and bark were gone.) You can barely tell it was even once a cornfield with a promising crop. The feeling must have been totally crushing to him & his family.
Farmers in the Dakota's were already feeling the heat before the crash on Wall Street in 1929. Sadly, the hardest of times in all aspects-financially, weather, agriculture, work, lack of money & basic provisions, pressure on families to stay together & many other things were really just starting. The toughest of times were to come & test everyone's faith.
(Photo from, "Yearbook of Agriculture 1934")
Grasshopper decimated field.jpg

VIETNAM FALLEN HERO - Air Force Academy graduate Capt. Tommy Leon Callies from Howard, SD - presumed killed when the Phantom II Fighter (F-4E) #67-0323 he was piloting was shot down over QUANG NGAI province on 1 Aug 1969. Neither he nor his crew mate, Douglas G. Burd, was ever found.
He was Honored with having a Bridge named after him just outside of Howard SD.
Capt. Tommy Leon Callies, MIA Vietnam.jpg

A mess made by a Rhodesian Ridgeback and a photo of the RR. We use garbage cans with flip lids because RR are always looking for food opportunities. They always act like they are starving, even if they just ate.View attachment 88009View attachment 88010View attachment 88011
Look how cute, he has that "wasn't me" face!! There is an older couple in my area who got an RR puppy last year. Thank goodness they have a huge fenced in yard. The wife told me they play ball with it a lot. A lot of exercise keeps him in less trouble!!

Latest posts

Back