Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look how cute, he has that "wasn't me" face!! There is an older couple in my area who got an RR puppy last year. Thank goodness they have a huge fenced in yard. The wife told me they play ball with it a lot. A lot of exercise keeps him in less trouble!!
Daughter's RR is what got me started going to dog parks. I'd walk her for an hour in the morning and she was still raring to go. I finally realized that we could go to the dog park, she could run, play, chase, socialize and could wear herself out. We'd go in the morning for a couple hours, and then go back later for a couple more hours. And there are always people to talk to and to learn about how other people live their lives and their beliefs. It is very interesting, imho. Do I agree with all of them? Heck no, but it keeps me informed about what is going on in this world.
RR are not especially ball fetchers. If someone is throwing a ball for another dog and that dog is chasing the ball, the RR will run along, because they love to run and chase.

Daughter's RR is what got me started going to dog parks. I'd walk her for an hour in the morning and she was still raring to go. I finally realized that we could go to the dog park, she could run, play, chase, socialize and could wear herself out. We'd go in the morning for a couple hours, and then go back later for a couple more hours. And there are always people to talk to and to learn about how other people live their lives and their beliefs. It is very interesting, imho. Do I agree with all of them? Heck no, but it keeps me informed about what is going on in this world.
RR are not especially ball fetchers. If someone is throwing a ball for another dog and that dog is chasing the ball, the RR will run along, because they love to run and chase.
Yes. Their daughter lives next door and has two black labs. The RR is usually running circles around them. They have a big gate between the yards that's always open so all three have a lot of running room!!

This picture has always fascinated me. I assume it is California Condor or could it be a Thunderbird?

thunderbird.jpg

Ellsworth Air Force Base is fairly close to the Badlands. It could be some plane from there.
No, there was no sound coming from it. It was very quiet that day. 10 pictures were taken in about a minute, that is the only one that has the object. 3 of us were taking pictures.

No, there was no sound coming from it. It was very quiet that day. 10 pictures were taken in about a minute, that is the only one that has the object. 3 of us were taking pictures.
UFO? I have known many people in S.D. who claim to have seen them and have experiences with them. Two of my cousins evidently had a strange experience out by Oahe Dam on the Missouri River, just outside of Pierre. I never heard any details because they were told not to talk about it.

The first "pterodactyl" pic looks like something manmade. They faked the Loch Ness monster.
Our cat Namir loves my brother.
1655349640169.png

Jelly was tuckered out after tearing up the trash and dragging my laundry all over.
1655349876863.png

1655349933346.png

He likes when I pet him with my feet
1655350021019.png

My kitchen and hallway currently look worse than what the RR did. RR is a very pretty doggy.

My kitchen and hallway currently look worse than what the RR did. RR is a very pretty doggy.
Is it a RR? I thought at one time it was decided it was a Red Bone Coon Hound? RR are beautiful dogs, imho. Does this one have a ridge or is it ridgeless? The look in his eyes is very typical RR. He has RR ears, big feet, "makeup" on his face, and RR tail. RR like to sleep in a bed, under the covers if they can. The photo of him laying on his back is also typical RR. They get in all kinds of weird positions and sleep that way.

I'm still laughing that the spray adhesive I looked up said its not sold on Catalina Island. Beautiful pics!
Is it a RR? I thought at one time it was decided it was a Red Bone Coon Hound? RR are beautiful dogs, imho. Does this one have a ridge or is it ridgeless? The look in his eyes is very typical RR. He has RR ears, big feet, "makeup" on his face, and RR tail. RR like to sleep in a bed, under the covers if they can. The photo of him laying on his back is also typical RR. They get in all kinds of weird positions and sleep that way.
We don't know. We thought they were red bone coon hounds but they could be part ridgeback. One of our neighbors used to have Rhodesian Ridgebacks but that was over 30 years ago. No ridges on the backs of these pups though. Are RRs typically cowardly? The male is particularly frightened of things. The female has discovered her hunting instincts-- on flies.

I'm still laughing that the spray adhesive I looked up said its not sold on Catalina Island. Beautiful pics!

We don't know. We thought they were red bone coon hounds but they could be part ridgeback. One of our neighbors used to have Rhodesian Ridgebacks but that was over 30 years ago. No ridges on the backs of these pups though. Are RRs typically cowardly? The male is particularly frightened of things. The female has discovered her hunting instincts-- on flies.
There are ridgeless ridgebacks. I have a friend who has a Red Bone coon hound and she is frequently asked if her dog is a RR.
They are not particularly cowardly but they can be reserved in new situations. They also stay away from the alpha, and are not usually alpha. When I took Crosby to a new dog park, she sat by me for a few days, observing and watching the other dogs. I think she was trying to figure out who was the alpha and who would be her friends. They can be very protective and scary if someone they don't know invades their house or territory. They do have one person who is their person more than others. They seem aloof to many people. If someone raises their voice or hurts them in any way, they will always disregard that person. Crosby would get up and come downstairs if she heard me, but wouldn't raise her head for someone who was not kind to her. They never forget kindness from people, especially those who give them treats, unless that person raises their voice at them or is physically abusive to them. And they never forget the unkindness that some may show them.
There was a man who brought treats and shared them every time he went into the dog park. He had a pack of dogs waiting for him at the gate, including Crosby. Crosby would follow him all around the dog park and hang out with him. She knew he was a kind person and that is the most important thing for relationships with RR. Negative training of any sort never works with them. Kind words and treats do.

I was never allowed to chew gum as a kid. Dad HATED gum. I hate it too. LOL. That is some beautiful scenery. Love the lion fountain.

Weedy, I've heard of the ridgeless kind. Looked it up and mine look just like some of the photos. My brother has yelled at them and I have raised my voice to tell them to stop doing something they aren't supposed to do. They are still very affectionate with us because we also give them cuddles. They aren't interested in treats but they want to be petted/hugged. The female has a dark stripe down her back but it feels about the same as the rest of her fur. The male has rougher fur on his entire back but it could be his grooming habits. They are afraid of strangers and they do stand back and watch other dogs-- but they annoy our little dogs because they step on them and want to play with them but the older dogs are not interested. The littlest dog still grabs them by the ears and brings them to the floor to skull hump them to assert dominance.

I can't remember if I posted this one before or not. This is Yasuke. (Pronounced like Yah skay). He has recently decided that he has to sleep on my bed-- either on me, a pillow, or my favorite blanket (the red one).
YasukeApr9-2022.jpg

Ball lightning. I saw it once in the 1980's. Had no idea what it was but you could feel and smell the electricity around it.

https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/109/327/585/original/26bf60a3af93ca2e.mp4
I had an aunt who saw it back in the 1950's. Several of her neighbors saw it too. She described it moving much faster than that in the video. She was also struck by lightning twice, both times was doing dishes! I guess she was kind of a lightening expert😁!

Latest posts

Back