Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B794910E-FBC0-4785-BF8F-3B11B0137EB8.jpeg
B794910E-FBC0-4785-BF8F-3B11B0137EB8.jpeg

AR15? Who’s she?
Never heard of her.
(Yes, that’s really me)
I don’t know why there are two images and I don’t know how to fix it.

View attachment 92311View attachment 92311
AR15? Who’s she?
Never heard of her.
(Yes, that’s really me)
I don’t know why there are two images and I don’t know how to fix it.
Something changed recently relative to posting photos. I noticed when I tried to post images for birthdays. If you report your own post and then ask moderators to remove one, they can.

I'm glad to see that there are bison around. When I lived in North Dakota, there was a park, a city park, where there was a fenced off area that had two of them. They were frequent escapees, because they like to roam!
Prairie State Park has a herd of about 30-40 I think. It grows every spring because they are reproducing. Sometimes you have to stop at the only road through to let the herd cross. Every spring they get checked by a vet and get any shots they need. They have 4,000 acres to roam. And plenty of natural prairie grass to eat. We go there 10-12 times a year. It is about 20 miles from my house. They had elk there too but moved them to another preserve.
My family has lived in this town since the 1880s. Bison have always fascinated me. I have some Osage blood in me.
Had a mountain lion walk through my back yard a couple years ago.

Last edited:
When I was young, my dad claimed he saw one. No one believed him.
One was also spotted in a park a few miles from here a few days before I saw it. The neighbors behind us found two dead deer in their back yard a few months earlier.

If you have a lot of deer or other tasty animals there will be cougar.....even if you never see them. We used to see very large footprints just outside our door when we lived in the woods here in montana.
kind of the same situation with wolves around here, the tree huggers claim they are so scarce and wolfie is just keeping things in balance. Trail cams and hunters have a different story.

We stayed in an RV at my cousin's place in Corvallis Or.
He has game cameras and he has pictures on a cougar walking right beside the RV.
He also has pictures of a bear, a momma bear and 3 cubs, coyote, bobcat, a lot of deer, and a 5 point elk with an arrow all the way through it right under the spine. The elk was acting like there was nothing wrong so hopefully the arrow gets snagged and pulls out.
I was very alert when I went out of the RV to look before I let the dog out and I always stayed with him.

Hard to make out since I used my front camera to tease my brother about how I had "kidnapped" his cat, Namir. Namir was under my blanket lying on me and very content. Yasuke was in the background looking jealous.
1660167842549.png

These stick bugs were on my wall in the hallway. There is one large one and a much smaller one on the big one's back lower down. I thought it was a tail folded up or something and then it moved.
1660167937752.png

Here's our new-to-us truck and boat (belonged to dear departed FIL), then a pic of my front yard. I couldn't get the small boat in the pic, it's on the other side of new boat. Getting a little crowded. lol We're going to try to sell the green truck, the motor's good but the body is rusting.
Truck.jpg

Boat.jpg

Parking Lot.jpg

We have them here in Texas. Several local ranches have them on their game cameras. Don't ask the sheriff's dept. or game warden, they'll tell you no!!
Missouri conservation said there were not any in the KC area, and then one was hit and killed on the highway there.

@Chaosdawn you need to put at least two of those vehicles up on cinder blocks, to be a true southerner... 🤪

I keep going to the last page to see the headstone again... reminds me of a cousin, married and divorced 5 times before his 25th birthday. At a family reunion he was asked...

"What are you doing these days Tom?" "Still in the used wife business?" 🤣

A new rug I finished, zucchini relish , some incredible thunderstorm clouds east of me n my turkeys n chickens enjoying the pool side accommodations...

Attachments

• 20220807_201723.jpg
    20220807_201723.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220806_194216.jpg
    20220806_194216.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220812_161213.jpg
    20220812_161213.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220812_161217.jpg
    20220812_161217.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220812_161247.jpg
    20220812_161247.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
This was on the local news this morning... someone here took a photo of an albino hummingbird.

Evidently there is a species thats white with a black beak... This one doesn't have a black beak. Experts say its an albino.

albino hummera.jpg

Latest posts

Back