Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EA50BF08-3074-4278-9B94-5BDB07D8ED14.jpeg

Relaxing out by our back fence. On the right side is a cattle operation. NEF Pardner .410, Ruger Single Six.
USGI blousing bands on legs to keep out ticks. These woods are loaded with deer. I have them on game cam.

I rarely drive by this place. Today I remembered to stop for a quick photo... The Blue Moon drive-in movie theater. Still has a gravel road entrance. I don't remember what it was called back then.

I came here once as an annoying little brother sometime in the early 70's. My older sister had a date. My parents made me go which angered everyone. I was supposed to play bluegrass that night so I certainly wasn't a happy camper.

It was raining and cold, I couldn't see anything out of the foggy windows. So I had time to play up the "annoying little brother" role which I took great pleasure in.

Anyway, an old memory...

Blumoon drive in movies 02.JPG

FreeDiving.jpg

Even a murky water day won't keep my daughter above water. She's trying to teach me how to judge depth when looking at the pictures she sends. I'm guessing maybe 70 feet on this one (getting darker, limited colors, low visibility). The murkiness could be misdirecting me though. She just got those new free diving fins - super light and super flexible to get more speed and power. She said it's amazing how much faster and easier they are than her previous pair. She picked white ones so others could spot her more easily at depth.

The volcano there is erupting now, but where she lives is protected by a hill (actually another smaller volcano) that would divert any lava that comes her way. None is predicted to come at her though. They are estimating that lava would probably head to the other side of the island from what they are seeing now. But it depends on which rift zone gives way, if any. I hope any lava doesn't overrun the roads, we're heading there for a visit fairly soon. It's not like there are many roads that crisscross the island to start with...

View attachment 99000

Even a murky water day won't keep my daughter above water. She's trying to teach me how to judge depth when looking at the pictures she sends. I'm guessing maybe 70 feet on this one (getting darker, limited colors, low visibility). The murkiness could be misdirecting me though. She just got those new free diving fins - super light and super flexible to get more speed and power. She said it's amazing how much faster and easier they are than her previous pair. She picked white ones so others could spot her more easily at depth.

The volcano there is erupting now, but where she lives is protected by a hill (actually another smaller volcano) that would divert any lava that comes her way. None is predicted to come at her though. They are estimating that lava would probably head to the other side of the island from what they are seeing now. But it depends on which rift zone gives way, if any. I hope any lava doesn't overrun the roads, we're heading there for a visit fairly soon. It's not like there are many roads that crisscross the island to start with...
I saw on Fox Weather where the volcano is erupting! Hope all goes well for your visit!! What an awesome picture of your daughter!! WOW!!

I rarely drive by this place. Today I remembered to stop for a quick photo... The Blue Moon drive-in movie theater. Still has a gravel road entrance. I don't remember what it was called back then.

I came here once as an annoying little brother sometime in the early 70's. My older sister had a date. My parents made me go which angered everyone. I was supposed to play bluegrass that night so I certainly wasn't a happy camper.

It was raining and cold, I couldn't see anything out of the foggy windows. So I had time to play up the "annoying little brother" role which I took great pleasure in.

Anyway, an old memory...

View attachment 98992
We lived across the highway from The Blue Fox Drive in in 1968.
It's still there it showing movies on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays year around.
We had a deal with them. When some kids would stop near our house and load the trunk with kids we would call and rat them out and they gave us free admission.

Opened:1959
Closed:open
Screens:1
Car Capacity:280
Open Year Round:Yes
Outside Food:No

Digital:Yes
Admission Price:$6.50 Adults, $ 1 Kids
Pets Allowed:Yes
Cash Only:No, CC accepted
Sound:88.7 FM
Food Permit:Yes
Alcohol:Sold

Last edited:
Hurricane Isaac? I think that was east of us. Don't remember if we got any damage in my area. I think mostly rains.
Can't remember which years for certain but we got hit with a few. This was in our yard from some of them:
1669845903020.png
1669845936844.png
1669845937956.png

The big oak tree fell over and died in 2016 but was still strong here.
1669846007631.png

To show the size of the tree, my brother is around 6'3" and weighed 400lbs in this picture
1669846123413.png

This shows an old piece of rusty farm equipment that is getting overgrown with weeds now. I wonder if it can still be salvaged somehow.
1669846303482.png

Picture from way back in the back field in the wooded area of a fallen tree. You can see the back of the house in the background
1669846498082.png

Did a little plant hunting this afternoon. Searched about 300acres of cut over pine timber. Didn't find anything good. My cousin was doing the logging, talked with him for a bit. Timber was cut, he was just skidding out the last few loads of logs today. We got 2" of rain tuesday night, the terrain was a muddy mess.

Hurst logging 93a.JPG
Hurst logging 95a.JPG
Hurst logging 97a.JPG

Anyone need an old office desk? There was a chair under it... lol.

Hurst logging 98a.JPG

Pics from the aftermath of a hurricane in Louisiana back in 2012.
99192-Louisiana-Sept2012-033.jpg

I don't know why, but those trailers remind me of this:

Last edited:
That is so cool! Man, my main accomplishment while diving was puking into my regulator and having to pull it out of my mouth and hit the purge valve. That did attract some fish but I was too sick to enjoy the view of tropical fish eating my vomit. LOL.
Good one. Way back when I was just a superintendent of heavy equipment operations in a remote location, it was mandatory to have Monday morning safety meetings. The favorite topic was telling puke stories. Almost all of the mechanics and operators came to work on Monday hung over, so they had plenty of stories to tell. Their favorite "safety" video was Exploding Varmits".

Sorting old photos and found this. The New River Gorge bridge in WV. I was in a cessna. How I got there begins with Paul Harvey on the radio. 2 Days later I'm in a plane over the gorge. That's when things got interesting... kidding, that whole day was interesting.

The state used to let folks jump off the bridge, hang gliders etc, one day a year. Don't know if they still do.

Nope, not me! I get hurt stepping off the porch! 😁

NR Gorge  (2).jpg
NR Gorge  (3).jpg

Last edited:
P1060953.JPG

Hi folks, husband recently went to a bike show which is held in England - so here a few pics

Attachments

• P1060980.JPG
    P1060980.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • P1060998.JPG
    P1060998.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • P1060997.JPG
    P1060997.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • P1060994.JPG
    P1060994.JPG
  • P1060988.JPG
    P1060988.JPG
    935.2 KB · Views: 0
  • P1060978.JPG
    P1060978.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • P1060969.JPG
    P1060969.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • P1060956.JPG
    P1060956.JPG
Awesome Norton in the first pic. Great looking paint on many as well.
I bet hubs had a blast at the show

Agreed, that's a beauty. That Triumph is looking pretty good too.

Here's what you can do with warm weather in December...
Our "Pink-Lemonade Hibiscus" today....
They are over 6" across. The lower one is turned to the left but is as big as the upper one:
IMG_20221206_131501.jpg

(yes, I hate vertical pictures too, but they wouldn't fit horizontal :()

Last edited:
Here's what you can do with warm weather in December...
Our "Pink-Lemonade Hibiscus" today....
They are about 6" across. The lower one is turned to the left but is as big as the upper one:
View attachment 99576
(yes, I hate vertical pictures too, but they wouldn't fit horizontal :()
One of my favorites!!🌺

Latest posts

Back