Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only in the south... dad went to town this morning and brought back a bucket of fried chicken...

The biscuits are shaped like hearts for valentines day, to funny.

20230211_valintine biscuita.jpg

My brother went to babysit at a friend's house briefly. The cat, Bandit, was feeling cuddly.
1676150835015.png

Earlier I was trying to get into my bed. I have stuff on either side of the bed so I have to get in at the foot of the bed. I'd barely gotten on when Rupert decided to climb on me. Ginger didn't want to get off the blanket or move out of my way.
1676150939319.png

Eventually I got them to move so I could get situated and get my keyboard on my lap tray. Rupert had to get back on my lap & Itsy claimed my shoulder pillow though.
1676151049079.png

I saw some crocuses also. Looked them up because I'd never heard of a use. Not in my books, no mention as a medicine. Folks in n. amer. were aware of crocuses but didn't use them. Hasn't been used since the middle ages in medicine except a few areas in europe. Sometimes it's used as an additive. Of course saffron is used as a very expensive spice, a species of crocuses.

I saw some crocuses also. Looked them up because I'd never heard of a use. Not in my books, no mention as a medicine. Folks in n. amer. were aware of crocuses but didn't use them. Hasn't been used since the middle ages in medicine except a few areas in europe. Sometimes it's used as an additive. Of course saffron is used as a very expensive spice, a species of crocuses.
No medicinal value I am aware of, but they are pretty and tell me spring is coming.

Current status of my shower. Damaged plywood was removed. Location of studs have been marked. Location of controls and showerhead marked. Old showerhead, controls, and tub spout removed. Bazillion tons of caulk removed. Plastic sheet put up (to keep cementboard from touching plywood). Cleaning paste (white vinegar + baking soda) slathered over the top of the tub and flange. Trying to get the residue from adhesive and caulk off of it.
1676869540306.png

My dilute tortie, Lady Sylvanas, finally decided to start coming into my room and sleeping on my bed. She likes to sleep on top of me. She was close to her brother Gravy Jones-- both on my lap:
1677019306131.png

She woke up:
1677019344098.png

Temjin likes to sleep in the new litterbox (I ran out of litter to put in the one next to it)
1677019394684.png

I tried to lure her out
1677019437933.png

Bethesda looking out the window behind me
1677019536086.png

Last Saturday night I went walleye fishing. It was an absolutely great night with very light breeze and surprisingly warm.
At midnight when we got back to the boat ramp it was 44 degrees.
We did pretty good. Caught several between 24 and 30 inches.
We released all the fish over 22" and only kept 7 males from 20 to 22"
The largest was 29 3/4 and weighed 9.5 pounds.
My cousin's husband with that one.
20230218_175635.jpg

I love walleye! We used to have a great Green Bay decorated bar/restaurant here that had fish frys every Friday night. They served walleye, perch and catfish. My favorite was the walleye. But the place burned down.

That picture says a lot about good times. I like it. It's as much a keeper as the fish is.

Had a great time at the fiddlers convention today. Very nice venue at the junior college. I got there in time to hear the finals of the junior fiddle, mandolin and banjo competitions. It was great to see youngsters playing something beside their phone... All of them were good enough for a competition, they could play.

Then I went back in the hallways and found the jam sessions. Found one group of old guys like me. Picked with them for a couple hours. How this works… Jam sessions will last all day. Pickers show up one or two at the time, one of two will leave. It’s a revolving session. Don’t like what you hear, wait an hour or so, there’ll be a new people there.

When I arrived there was already 4 guitars in this group. I was going to wait for a while but a guy I knew insisted I go ahead and join in. After a few songs the mandolin and banjo pickers kept motioning for me to play louder. But I had a bass playing right in my ear and he was playing a lot of bad notes. Kept messing me up!!! 🤪5th pic… thats how close the bass was to me. He was a nice old guy. I think I know him from long ago. Also, the mandolin picker with the cowboy hat, invited me to a festival in May north of Birmingham.

Anyway, had a great time picking. Then I went back out and listened to the adult mandolin finals. There was a kid who came down from Missouri, that kid could play!!! He was real good. (kid, lol, probably 25)

Last pic, saw Mr. R. Haven’t seen him in a couple years. We had a nice talk, catching up on family news. Funny, first time I ever played for a big crowd of strangers, he owned the stage. I was a kid. Mr. R played and had a band There’d be 4 or 5 bands on the 1st Saturday night each month. We’d play until the wee hours of the morning behind the building when we weren’t on stage. Having the time of my life...

20230225_FFest 01a.jpg
20230225_FFest 02a.jpg
20230225_FFest 03a.jpg
20230225_FFest 05a.jpg
20230225_FFest 06a.jpg
20230225_FFest 07a.jpg
20230225_FFest 08a.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back