Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the kind of thing that I repair or redo. I found some old Samsonite folding chairs at an estate sale, just like the ones my parents had. I removed the padded seats, spray painted them and then recovered them with naugahyde. They look great. I have another pair in my garage, waiting for warmer weather for me to do the same to. I had a folding table, card table, and the top to that got damaged. I recovered it to match the chairs. When I get those other two chairs redone, I will have a set of 4 chairs to go with the table.
We meant to repair it but never got around to it. We got the foam and the upholstery but I have no idea where it is. Well, it might be in the desk closet in the front room. Problem is, we can't get into it bc the bifold doors are stuck. Tried opening them and they won't budge. I'll add it to my To Do list after getting critical things like bathrooms fixed up.

Although, I would greatly appreciate any upholstering advice. It's a metal chair so staples wouldn't work.

We meant to repair it but never got around to it. We got the foam and the upholstery but I have no idea where it is. Well, it might be in the desk closet in the front room. Problem is, we can't get into it bc the bifold doors are stuck. Tried opening them and they won't budge. I'll add it to my To Do list after getting critical things like bathrooms fixed up.

Although, I would greatly appreciate any upholstering advice. It's a metal chair so staples wouldn't work.
If you post some photos, I would give you some tips. I reworked the folding chairs that had been my parents when I was a teenager. The ones I found at the estate sale were the same kind of chairs. I have no idea whatever happened to my parent's chair. The vinyl seat covers split as they age. I took the seats apart, then used steel wool and rubbed the painted parts, spray painted the metal, cut the naugahyde, put it on the seat cushion, stapled it to the back (heavy card or pressboard), put the seats back together, put the screws in to hold that cushion to the metal. It really is an easy project to do, and doesn't take long. My folding chairs get used a few times a year.

East Coast Cruise 10-21-12 (139).JPG

Weedy, I'll have to see if I can find where the chair has gone. It was in the kitchen but I don't know where it got moved to.

Peanut, I like the castle, and the waterfall, and the wooded area.

I am definitely gonna need many more Peasants :p
Big castle, it is in Germany. What I notice is a lack of chimney's. many smaller buildings have none and the larger ones have only one fireplace in them! That must be one really cold, dark place to spend a winter.

Big castle, it is in Germany. What I notice is a lack of chimney's. many smaller buildings have none and the larger ones have only one fireplace in them! That must be one really cold, dark place to spend a winter.
I remember reading about castles being heated by fire stands. I'm going to check into that again, you have sparked my interest!!

They were known to very dark and cold. The fireplaces were very large and deep, and unlike modern day fireplaces, could keep a room warm.

In my genealogy research, I have a ggg grandfather whose profession was "furnaces." His son, my gg grandfather was born in 1840, and I haven't found his birth record yet, but I imagine he was around 40 years old at the time of gg grandfather's birth, being one of the younger children of a large family. They lived in an area where there were convents and other Catholic facilities, so I imagine that his job was really about keeping the fireplaces going, keeping them clean, etc.

fireplace.JPG

Eggs from the ladies.
We have some hens that are young, those are the small ones.
This is just from this afternoon.

Attachments

• B3E45C60-4629-4413-8B36-07990613C636.jpeg
    B3E45C60-4629-4413-8B36-07990613C636.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Eggs from the ladies.
We have some hens that are young, those are the small ones.
This is just from this afternoon.
Show off :D. I get one or two a day, but the 5 girls are over 10 years old :)

IMG_0756.jpeg

Last edited:
Two of those eggs are from hens over 8 years old.
Treat the girls right and they will pay you back.
Indeed they will. I had NO idea chickens lived that long when I started. They were an experiment for when I eventually retired and moved to a farm. I got the retirement part ok , the farm is being very elusive :(

They come over whenever I go outside, and sit and cluck when I relax by the fire :)

Indeed they will. I had NO idea chickens lived that long when I started. They were an experiment for when I eventually retired and moved to a farm. I got the retirement part ok , the farm is being very elusive :(

They come over whenever I go outside, and sit and cluck when I relax by the fire :)
A lot of people try to cheat natural instincts by putting a light in the coop during winter, so the hens will keep laying.
This actually shortens their “laying span” quite a bit. As in years shorter.
When the day light drops below 10 hours per day, hens will stop laying. We let nature take its course, no coop lights here.

A lot of people try to cheat natural instincts by putting a light in the coop during winter, so the hens will keep laying.
This actually shortens their “laying span” quite a bit. As in years shorter.
When the day light drops below 10 hours per day, hens will stop laying. We let nature take its course, no coop lights here.
In winter, I have a red "christmas light" in the circuit to make sure the little IR heater and heated water bowl come on when it's cold. Otherwise, Nature rules.

Daughter got me an Easter present... A puzzle:
71Fk+IAkwvL.jpg

Stuff on all 5 of the 6 sides of the cube to solve.
Average solve time: 60-90 minutes! :oops:
Edit: Oops! There's one on the bottom too! gaah

Last edited:
Daughter got me an Easter present... A puzzle:
71Fk+IAkwvL.jpg

Stuff on all 5 of the 6 sides of the cube.
Average solve time: 60-90 minutes! :oops:
Yikes! That looks dang near impossible for me. Not even handling it, just looking at the picture is mentally frightening. I would be too afraid to take it apart, for fear that I'd never get it back together again. I bought me a set of wooden puzzles once (very much simpler than this one). The first thing I did was find the reassembly instructions online and save those to my computer. That was back in 2014. Still have the file saved. I hope I can find an app that will display an "flv" file!

Screenshot at 2023-04-07 15-55-04.png

Latest posts

Back