Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terri that kitchen and dinning room is awesome. I can just imagine the good food that went thru there.

They are wonderful and just like I remember them. I don't think they've changed anything. Those ceilings are really high too.

Odd photo but that’s me… It was a list of low priority items I’ve needed to replace going back decades in some cases. I ordered those items when I ordered my fluke meter a couple of weeks ago.

Here is one of those items… A pack of sewing needles… The pack on the right I purchased between 37 and 44 years ago… not sure exactly what year. They have been with me all these years. Most of the needles were lost, the rest were tarnished badly and a few were starting to rust.

I was shocked that I found the pack on the left at the big internet store… the same pack of needles made by Singer! I thought it funny… How often can you buy the same item 40 years later? o_O

View attachment 10266
I was making up some sewing kits for my bags and am in and out of JoAnn's, and in Walmart a couple times a year. A package of needles at JoAnn's is many times the amount that Walmart charges for a very similar package. I have needles that were my Grandmother's and others. I really wanted a plastic dispenser like yours for my bag. I have noticed that if I am not careful with that container, the top turns and needles fall out.

Last edited:
51066334_10218815803009251_7355433915932213248_n.jpg

This was one of the remarks from the photo...

Tye Adams …..His name is Tex, he is a gentle giant! Y’all can follow him here on his page Charlotte's Texas Longhorn Steers For Hire! Y’all can even hire him for special events! I used him in my wedding. Go like his page. “He won’t steer you wrong, and that’s no bull”

@Flight I hope you got his or her insurance details of the truck that hit you and they will pay for the damages.

I didnt get them myself but i got the police report number which will get me the info that i require, the trucking company will either pay it out directly or the insurance will, so im good, I have to talk with my safety department on monday to find out what exactly needs to be done.

I hate to see that Flight. Do you have a second antenna on the rig? I know comms are important on the road like you are.

I do but because they are the dual antennas and 1 is broken they wont work properly. No big deal. They are fairly cheap to buy.

My stupid adolescent cat climbed my neighbor's tree a few days ago then was too scared to come back down. He spent the night up there. He only tries to move head first and then wouldn't go when it got steep. So I had to get an extension ladder and it took a half hour the next morning to convince him to come down 5 feet so I could grab him and carry him down. Now he has done it again but this time he is about 50 to 60 feet up and there is no helping him. He has been up there all day. I think it is going to be a long night for him. Here he is as the sun sets.
cat005.jpg

cat006.jpg

@JAC here in Australia you can call the fire brigade and they get the animals down for free using their firefighting ladders. We had a couple of birds who had chicks in a nest and the youngest one got it's leg caught in some string they had built the nest with. We called them and they came out and freed the bird and sent it to a wildlife carers centre. Or contact your local wildlife rescue centre and they will come out and retrieve the cat or call the fire brigade to do it if they can't get to it.

Nearest wildlife rescue center? Fire Dept? we have a small volunteer fire dept. I doubt they have a ladder much less a ladder truck. I would bet the nearest wildlife rescue is over 2 hours drive time away. I would call the vet but this is farming country and I'm pretty sure they would say to just get another cat. I'll call the vet in a few and see what they say. I could also try a tree service but it is a bois d'arc tree and most won't want to try to climb one.

Here he is this morning. 24 hours up there.
cat007.jpg

My stupid adolescent cat climbed my neighbor's tree a few days ago then was too scared to come back down. He spent the night up there. He only tries to move head first and then wouldn't go when it got steep. So I had to get an extension ladder and it took a half hour the next morning to convince him to come down 5 feet so I could grab him and carry him down. Now he has done it again but this time he is about 50 to 60 feet up and there is no helping him. He has been up there all day. I think it is going to be a long night for him. Here he is as the sun sets.
If cats were unable to climb back down then wouldn't trees have cat skeletons?

If cats were unable to climb back down then wouldn't trees have cat skeletons?
I guess if they got hung up as they fell after they died. I went over there and the neighbor dog was waiting patiently at the bottom of the tree. He came about halfway when he saw me after the dog (Fifty cent is his name cause that is what he cost at a garage sale) ran off but was being a scaredy cat to come any further. LOL

Have you put anything under the tree (like food and water) to entice the cat to come down?
Yes, a can of tuna. I went over a few minutes ago with my ladder and went up as high as I could. he came down some but won't come past a branch that is in the middle of his path. I left the can half way up so the dogs wont get it. After a couple more days he will get dehydrated and wont be able to come down. Then I guess it is fall out of the tree time.

Yes, a can of tuna. I went over a few minutes ago with my ladder and went up as high as I could. he came down some but won't come past a branch that is in the middle of his path. I left the can half way up so the dogs wont get it. After a couple more days he will get dehydrated and wont be able to come down. Then I guess it is fall out of the tree time.
From my point a view it would be better for the cat to fall then you falling trying to rescuing it again.

He is down. My Siamese went up and showed him how to get down but he was still scared. Then my Siamese decided to go up and eat the food I had put in a branch . That fired him up! He found another branch that went lower and I was able to grab him and carry him down the ladder. If he does it again he is on his own.

Back