Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunflowers in South Dakota.

View attachment 23376
When I was growing up in South Dakota, we would buy sunflower seeds to eat. They came in a fairly flat rectangular package, maybe 4" x 5". They were put out by the Fisher Nut Co. A package was a nickel, and people would have family send them some, because they were only available in that part of the U.S. I think they were made in Minnesota. You could buy sunflower seeds, but these were the best. You can still buy sunflower seeds, but none as good as the ones in the packages that we bought as kids. My grandfather called them Russian peanuts.

67596229_1226749347517477_3833974080085918915_n.jpg

Another October pic... a big old water oak at the edge of my yard at sunrise. When I was a child there was a huge red oak at this spot. I had a swing in its limbs that let me swing out over the road. Occasionally I would scare the carp out of some driver on the road.

A tornado took down the red oak which means the water oak is 45 years old.

Sun Rise.jpg

Looks peaceful. What is the little white structure?
That's my shooting bench. Shooting right to left , below the hill that's probably 100 foot high , love throwing up a canopy and spending the day there.
range20.jpg
100_4249.jpg

It's a 60 yard range, I have a 100 yard range just across the creek.

long range.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
Can't we all just get along!

This is the first cat tossed out at the farm in over a decade... before the biblical plague of feral cats began to show up.

Right off the bat I knew this kitten had been a pet and had been raised with a dog... I had her fixed and kept her as a barn cat. She's still here but lives on my porch away from the ferals in the barn and shop.

My big sheppard had been raised with a kitten, I think an owl got her...

Kitten get along (1).jpg
Kitten get along (2).jpg
Kitten get along (3).jpg
Kitten get along (4).jpg
Kitten get along (5).jpg

Can't we all just get along!

This is the first cat tossed out at the farm in over a decade... before the biblical plague of feral cats began to show up.

Right off the bat I knew this kitten had been a pet and had been raised with a dog... I had her fixed and kept her as a barn cat. She's still here but lives on my porch away from the ferals in the barn and shop.

My big sheppard had been raised with a kitten, I think an owl got her...

View attachment 23890 View attachment 23891 View attachment 23892 View attachment 23893 View attachment 23894
Coyote?

We can't keep cats...they come on the porch and take our cats.

Jim

That's my shooting bench. Shooting right to left , below the hill that's probably 100 foot high , love throwing up a canopy and spending the day there.
View attachment 23887 View attachment 23888

It's a 60 yard range, I have a 100 yard range just across the creek.

View attachment 23889

Jim

I wish I had that set up.

Then again its probably a good thing I dont because I would be out there everyday all day going broke with all the ammo I would be buying. Lol

It's a real photo. Not recent, but real.

View attachment 23653
One of my favorite years for a Cadillac, one of the other years is the fast back of the early 1950's, I think ZZ Top had one with a Caddy 500 cu. inch engine in it.

For the people that think they can get a ride free on the government^^^.....
It usually ends up like this:
Northern%20Hawk%20Owl%20s76-3-011.jpg
Back in the late 1970's when we were living in Conifer, Colorado, I watched a great horned owl tearing a gopher apart while at the top of a power pole in front of our home, the sound of it ripping flesh to pieces was spooky.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back