Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1585882050036.jpg

Whoa...

Jim

Technology designed to make more work harder to do. There ought to be a way to do the same with an excavator...

Good to see the bibles are flying off the shelves too.

View attachment 38753
I have a couple of electronic bibles along with printed bibles. The electronic ones are good for group bible study classes where you might want to highlight, comment on, write down questions for, and bookmark multiple passages. But they pretty much such at searching, at least the ones I have. They can find stuff, but due to the file size, they're usually pretty slow at that. This varies however. I can't read the prices in the picture clearly, but the few I can make out look to possibly be in the $17 to $20 range. You can find lots of free electronic bibles, many different translations for free or only a couple of dollars. I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay these higher prices. Maybe these particular offerings give you something unique, but seeing as how the picture appears to be at a Walmart, I kind of doubt that. And being Walmart, they're probably written in Chinese, or have laugh-inducing half-gibberish attempts at translation.

I have a transliterated Latin Vulgate to English version and others going from that to the "New American" version.
The timeline goes from the original works into Aramaic, Latin, NRSV, Old English, King James, Revised KJ, and the modern King James.
You also split off the Latin to the NIV, from the KJV to the Latter Day Saints, and a few other versions.
The Latin Bible was revised twice from its original wording, and the Apocrypha was removed as a separate list that accompanied the bible up to the mid KJV when it was left out of future copies. The NRSV has multiple versions but only the Catholic version includes the Apocrypha and the Deuterocanonical books. The Latin Vulgate version is the Papal Catholic bible although the people can choose most any bible they choose.

Looking at the different versions there are missing books in all of them and if you compare them with the texts from Nag Hamadi you find that a lot of the books were never actually placed in the bible for concerns over politics, religious leanings at the time and the factual problems they created for the church. The Bishop of Lyons is quoted to have said that there are only four bibles because there are only four winds and four elements. (kind of a pagan train of thought there) :)

I know the broken history of the different versions of the bible but no matter which version you use the spirit will guide you to the true meaning if you ask. I always remind my students that there is no conflict between science and religion as long as you remember that religion serves to protect the spiritual and science serves to understand the physical world.

We always called the brown ones June Bugs back in Texas. I've never seen a green one. I don't think we have them here in Colorado. They were everywhere in Texas. Along with roaches (can't say I've seen a roach in Colorado either). I guess most bugs must like humidity ... something that is in short supply here.

There are roaches down in the desert. They hide during the day.

Yes, but I wonder how real this ad was, or is it a recent one, made as a joke? And if it is real, who in the world wrote that ad? Of course, it was different times, but even back then, some of it had to have the same connotation.

That's true, would have been rated R back then. lol

Latest posts

Back