Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should become a new shift change ceremony. The passing of the donut!

donut.PNG

Virginia Sweetspire… I've only ever seen this plant once. I found it 5 or 6 years ago hanging over a good sized fast-flowing creek in a ravine. I almost never got out of that gorge. Later someone told me what the shrub was and that it had medicinal properties… Somehow my photos of the plant were never labeled correctly. I forgot its name, for several years. Today I finally found out (again) what this plant was. I'd like to see it again, it's beautiful but I'm not climbing back into that gorge.

Although a native wild species it’s used as a lawn ornamental in many places.

Virgina Sweetspire (1) sm.jpg
Virgina Sweetspire (2) sm.jpg

Virginia Sweetspire… I've only ever seen this plant once. I found it 5 or 6 years ago hanging over a good sized fast-flowing creek in a ravine. I almost never got out of that gorge. Later someone told me what the shrub was and that it had medicinal properties… Somehow my photos of the plant were never labeled correctly. I forgot its name, for several years. Today I finally found out (again) what this plant was. I'd like to see it again, it's beautiful but I'm not climbing back into that gorge.

Although a native wild species it’s used as a lawn ornamental in many places.

View attachment 43269View attachment 43270

Peanut in N.Georgia we had what we called ' sweet shrub'. It smelled so good! Haven't seen any of that in at least 50 years.

Back