Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always wanted to be a photographer.

View attachment 43394

Very good Rusty, not a clear and good as yours but we took this oen in St.Augustine at the canal.We were feeding him shrimp so he hung around,lol,

1590945824169.png

Send me a PM with your address and I'll send the camera and lens to you.

I don't know if it would fit my Nikon 5100 or not. I bought a Tamron lens for it because it was a 1/3 the price of a Nikon.
Looked it up. According to Nikon, they should fit my camera. I would love to have them. My wife also has a Nikon 5100.

Agreed, I can't see much difference between my Tamron lens and the Nikon one my wife has, except price.

I think Nikon's glass is higher quality, but otherwise not much difference. I have a 160-500 Sigma that takes good pic's, it's heavy, but does a decent job. I used it for the last Solar Eclipse from 2-3 years ago and it did an adequate job.

Cattle drive. Most likely changing pastures. The police are probably there by request to help prevent boo boos and law suits caused by either stupid drivers or stupid cows.

We have a water buffalo farm nearby that has to move them from one side of a busy highway to the other. They book two police cars to stop traffic in both directions for the five minutes it takes.

Git 'em up, move 'em out, rolling... The state patrol needed a break anyway.

I think you pulled me over before. LOL

I was coming back from Avon to Colorado Springs in a 1 ton dully plumbing truck with tool bins
And i had to pee. NO traffic, So I just stopped in the road and hoped out.
It is my luck that a state boy pulls up and walks over to the truck. He said You do know that I could take you to jail for indecent exposure dont you?
I grinned at him and said officer. I have on 4 layers of clothes and insulated bib overalls. I can guarantee that at no time was the shorty ever exposed out side.
His eye twinkled he chuckled and he told me to get the hell out of here
LOL

Copperhead camo.

attachment.php
They are good at what they do. Just step on one that you didn't see
shock.gif
Shoot them.
Shoot them all!
machine-gun.gif

Let Satan sort out his hand-puppets.

There is a cattle drive every year through the Yakima River canyon in Central Washington. They stop all traffic and let the cattle meander down the road to the summer pasture.
Those are pretty docile looking cattle, you ought to see the cattle that live on the high desert of eastern Oregon, long legged, knarly horned and mean looking, we saw cattle drives a couple of times coming back from our gold detecting out on the northern Nevada desert, they were coming down Greaser Canyon which is just past Adel, Oregon. I always wanted to thank the Cowboys and Cowgirls for what they were doing, I felt blessed to be able to see something like that in a modern age. They told us to go ahead and drive down the pass and the cattle would stay out of the way and they did, what was amazing was the last time we were out that way a whole group of cattle were coming down on their own, with no one around.

Nothing dangerous or particularly funny. Just my Senegal parrot having some almonds while parked on my laptop.
snacks.jpg

Back