Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straw Man, perfect for any argument

Straw man.jpg

Is balony the go to sammich of everybody.

It's always my backup sammich, when I just want a quick sammich.

Jim

No baloney for me. Not since I worked in a packing house. Nuff said.
I like PB&Js. But my favorite is some real thin sliced roast beef piled high, either swiss or sharp cheddar cheese, horse radish, spicy brown mustard, thin sliced onions. It can be heated or not. Yummy

Roast Beast for me too. Every once in a while I'll treat myself to a half pound of Boars head "London Broil" roast beef. I'll get a loaf of Italian bread from the good bakery while there. Lots of onion, swiss or ameraican white cheese and the hottest horseradish they have. Pepper jack is pretty good on it also especially when melted.

My Dad would not eat bologna. When the family moved from Oklahoma to Washington in the 40s they had very little money so they lived on bologna sandwiches for the whole trip. Dad would have starved before he ate another one.
I wish I could find bologna in a big role like it used to be sold.

That big ole roll is how it's processed. Those tubes are 8' long and loaded on racks 30 tube each to go in the cookers. We did 8 racks at a time usually

That big ole roll is how it's processed. Those tubes are 8' long and loaded on racks 30 tube each to go in the cookers. We did 8 racks at a time usually
I don't think I could eat an 8' roll even if I sliced it thick. I was thinking more like a 2 or 3 pound roll. :)

Last weekend I bought some baloney for the first time in a long time. Had a hankerin for it. I bought beef baloney because it makes me think that it’s better than regular baloney… don’t burst my bubble, I don’t wanna know it’s not true! ;)

When I buy bologna I get beef. It tastes better than the turkey, chicken, pork & beef bologna. It's somehow reassuring to know all the bits and pieces come from the same kind of critter.
biggrin.gif

Last weekend I bought some baloney for the first time in a long time. Had a hankerin for it. I bought beef baloney because it makes me think that it’s better than regular baloney… don’t burst my bubble, I don’t wanna know it’s not true! ;)

I always buy Beef Baloney at the grocery store (when I do buy it).

The ONLY time I don't get 100% beef is when we go to the German Deli.
Then I get the German Balogna with some Pretzel Rolls and a tube of European Mayo.
Oh man, is that a treat!

Our kitten was found outside. She was very young and had bad eyes and an upper respiratory infection. I doctored her and she got better and one day just followed the dogs in the house and stayed.
With all her vet bills I have over $2000 invested.
Right now she is laying on the bed in the sunshine and she is very happy so I guess it worked out.

Our kitten was found outside. She was very young and had bad eyes and an upper respiratory infection. I doctored her and she got better and one day just followed the dogs in the house and stayed.
With all her vet bills I have over $2000 invested.
Right now she is laying on the bed in the sunshine and she is very happy so I guess it worked out.
Photo!
20200816_100706.jpg

We fostered this guy for 5 days. Sure miss him, he has mitten front paws, an extra toe on each. Noisy meows. Blue eyes, looks like Grumpy Cat.

Back