Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1614387871494.jpg

No more snow days.....

Jim

Toygers are beautiful cats. They are part Bengal. I heard about them years ago & the breeders that sold them had very specific restrictive rules for them & claimed that any violation of the rules would lead to them taking the cats back. I don't know if they still have those policies.

Got some pics outside my house after friend cut back some trees. Really need to get the yard cleaned up.
eastsideroof2-25-2021.jpg
Aminatu&Boooutside2-25-2021.jpg
Boobacksteps2-25-2021.jpg

RaspberryCoconut.jpg

Not much else going on here. But... a happy ending for supper.

My wife has been after me to make some of these for a couple of weeks. Raspberry Coconut muffins. The picture was a little dark but it was time to EAT IT!!

They're keto, basically an almond flour cupcake with erythritol and stevia for sweetener, with lots of raspberries. Not as pretty as I'd have liked, but tasty, nonetheless. :)

Anyway...

A story from the 60's from my hometown. There were a couple brothers who were interesting, old enough to be my parents or even older. One of them had a job of maintaining the city dump. He built himself a house at the dump from what people dumped. A h.s. girl wrote this story for the newspaper about it. I believe this was the brother named George. This was a place that teenage boys were said to have frequented. They said there were all kinds of tunnels at the dump.
There is a long standing story of the other brother, Chris, who was said to have traded his wife for a cow.
Chris and George tore down buildings for people. One time Chris got hurt when a chimney collapsed on him. He spent some time in the hospital. He was said to have told the nurses that it had been years since his previous bath.
George and Chris had a sister who was married and had 4 children. The youngest of the 4 was a classmate of mine. He was not well and missed lots of school, probably never went to h.s. The other 3 were college educated.
Inkeddump grounds_LI.jpg

Latest posts

Back