Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210725_170645.jpg

Those look wonderful. That's what our tomato plants always look like the day before the first freeze.

Until I built the hoophouse that was me too. Now I usually get them ripe...or close to ripe before the first freeze. I still usually have to ripen 20 lbs or so indoors but at least most of them get ripe in time. In theory I should still have 50-60 days before the usual first frost.

A mud slide in Glenwood Canyon has I-70 closed off. I believe they are saying the mudslide is the result of a former wildfire (maybe last year) and heavy rains this year. "thedenverchannel The governor plans to declare a state disaster and make a request for a federal disaster declaration after severe mudslides and flooding caused extensive damage to I-70 in Glenwood Canyon. Full story on www.TheDenverChannel.com."

Edit: I-70 is split into two different levels as you can see here, eastbound and westbound.
I 70 in Glenwood Canyon.JPG

Last edited:
6319F906-FD58-45C8-857A-548F20879912.jpeg

A picture from our camping trip last week. From this spot we could see 18 glaciers, bear, caribou, moose, fox, etc. And for a few days, not a single other human. The son did some goofy stuff with the color, which I wish he didn’t since you can’t improve on what nature does.

F54B5A59-F3ED-4E69-A23B-D584F15C99D0.jpeg

Last edited:
When we came back from our camping trip, the wife went crazy taking pictures of the flowers around our property.

8EBAEED0-0587-4076-9D90-3CF98AA34780.jpeg

3DC09656-1EF5-40EF-9A12-E12F0AF9D52E.jpeg

Weedy garden. That's Isabel Lake just outside of town
We had a music teacher in school who had previously taught in Isabel. He was older but had a beautiful daughter who was my age. I think it was probably time for him to retire, but perhaps he couldn't afford to. I think he lasted one year as the music teacher.

Saddle for sure, Bridle too I would guess. Haven't found #3 yet
Great pic
That was my first thought. Then I figured if it was taken at that time period they obviously had saddles and bridles so maybe that's not wrong.
Why would a 5-year-old have a feather headdress like that?

That was my first thought. Then I figured if it was taken at that time period they obviously had saddles and bridles so maybe that's not wrong.
Why would a 5-year-old have a feather headdress like that?
You are right about the headdress. Each feather is earned by some action. A five year old boy would not have a headdress like that, let alone maybe any feathers. There were many photos taken during this time period that were staged and the headdress was a commonly used costume piece. His shirt was also not Native. And yes, his saddle and bridle would not have been typical for Native Americans. They would have been riding bareback, or what I think was called Indian style.

His horse is small and may have been a Pinto. My grandfather bought a Pinto for his grandchildren to ride. He was named Scout. No one wanted to ride Scout, and if memory serves me correctly, it was because the horse was not cooperative.

We had a music teacher in school who had previously taught in Isabel. He was older but had a beautiful daughter who was my age. I think it was probably time for him to retire, but perhaps he couldn't afford to. I think he lasted one year as the music teacher.
We no longer have a school in town. My kids graduated from McIntosh 40 miles North of here

Back