Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a Dam in Oregon.
KIMG3330.JPG

I wonder if there is a holiday where water is brown-- because the Mississippi River would be perfect for that. LOL. At least the portion that runs through New Orleans (or did when I was visiting there decades ago).

I set the box for the wallset in my bedroom flattened out and one of the corner shelf thingies was in the way so I set it on top. Sir Hammington found it and followed the "If I fits I sits" meme.
1679331319510.png

Found a funky pair of boots in a thrift store, so I cut them up with as razor knife

7B3FE10B-BA8F-4D1F-9AA9-A49579973657.jpeg

F2A03F3E-5A99-48C9-AC00-3ACA26E189FA.jpeg

AE1DF73D-951A-4CA9-B2D7-10353C4C828D.jpeg

Now it is a purse
Oh yeah
The toe of both boots
Is a change pouch

Attachments

• 3284F36B-69B2-4EA7-A4BC-FFAEC4AADCCD.jpeg
    3284F36B-69B2-4EA7-A4BC-FFAEC4AADCCD.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 5E29F551-C45D-4C8C-8D91-2260C7D5291F.jpeg
    5E29F551-C45D-4C8C-8D91-2260C7D5291F.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 0

dandelion.jpg

Gvantsa Kalandadze · ·
Here are some interesting facts about the dandelion flower:
The dandelion is the only flower that represents the 3 celestial bodies of the sun, moon and stars.
☀️
🌙
⭐️
. The yellow flower resembles the sun, the puff ball resembles the moon and the dispersing seeds resemble the stars.
The dandelion flower opens to greet the morning and closes in the evening to go to sleep.
😴

Every part of the dandelion is useful: root, leaves, flower. It can be used for food, medicine and dye for coloring.
Up until the 1800s people would pull grass out of their lawns to make room for dandelions and other useful “weeds” like chickweed, malva, and chamomile.
The name dandelion is taken from the French word “dent de lion” meaning lion’s tooth, referring to the coarsely-toothed leaves.
Dandelions have one of the longest flowering seasons of any plant.
Dandelion seeds are often transported away by a gust of wind and they travel like tiny parachutes. Seeds are often carried as many as 5 miles from their origin!
Animals such as birds, insects and butterflies consume nectar or seed of dandelion.
Dandelion flowers do not need to be pollinated to form seed.
Dandelion can be used in the production of wine and root beer. Root of dandelion can be used as a substitute for coffee.
🍷
🍺

Dandelions have sunk their roots deep into history. They were well known to ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans, and have been used in Chinese traditional medicine for over a thousand years.
Dandelion is used in folk medicine to treat infections and liver disorders. Tea made of dandelion act as diuretic.
If you mow dandelions, they’ll grow shorter stalks to spite you.
Dandelions are, quite possibly, the most successful plants that exist, masters of survival worldwide.

I just thought of the Rolling Stones song "Dandelion don't tell no lies". LOL. There is a version of them in Russia that produces latex & some places harvest latex rubber from dandelions instead of rubber trees. It takes a LOT of them of course. That white sap is latex.

I've heard it with the word settin' added. "mad as an old wet settin hen". The easiest way to stop a hen from settin'... Dump a bucket of water over her. They forget about tryin' to sit on eggs. I've seen my grandpa do it, what was done here.

It's used with or without the word settin'. Anyway, that's what it meant locally.

I've heard it with the word settin' added. "mad as an old wet settin hen". The easiest way to stop a hen from settin'... Dump a bucket of water over her. They forget about tryin' to sit on eggs. I've seen my grandpa do it, what was done here.

It's used with or without the word settin'. Anyway, that's what it meant locally.
Either way, that hen is going to be mad!!🐔🐣

The penguin picture reminds me of video of some scientists who had equipment set up out in the open for some sort of surveying and penguins came up to inspect everything. Just walked right up to the people. Also reminds me about a guy who saved a penguin, nursed it back to health, and set it free with other penguins. Every year at the same time it swims back to visit him and runs up to hug his legs. He feeds it and pets it and then it heads back out again.

Latest posts

Back