Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20230519_150102_resized_20230521_110108301.jpg

Although WHY he would be wearing those boots in the summer time (apparently) is a bit of a mystery.
IT is called “Spring Skiing”. Beautiful warm spring day, still lots of snow on the slopes. You can ski in shorts or a bikini. IT only gives road rash if you fall 😊 Those red things in the background look like ski racks. Folks will take off their skis and stand them there to hit what looks like a restaurant for a snack or wine.

Many ski areas extend their season, or open on weekends only in spring. Done it, it is very enjoyable to ski or snowboard and not freeze parts of yuor anatomy off.

Me chatting it up with an associate. Nope, NOT a Photoshop! however the second one was clarified. He was nice enough to hold my hand for the
photos.
summon being 2copyy.png
summon being - Copy.png

My cousin came over and bush hogged 45 acres of pasture today. It'd have taken me a week with my little 5ft bhog.

He also brought over 26heifers sometime yesterday. I heard them bawling last night. We talked about it today. He's gonna bring over a couple old lead cows. Need a lead cow to keep the youngsters in line.

I thought about walking down to the bottoms where the heifers are hanging out. Would've except I'd have to climb that ridge to get out. I'll wait and get pics next time I see them up here.

I was happy as can be to see this... looks like a farm again. A few random pics of pasture. Sort of funny, up in the high field there is one lone peach tree left, used have 200 trees up there.

20230524_tcows 235a.jpg
20230524_tcows 442a.jpg
20230524_tcows 531a.jpg
20230524_tcows 619a.jpg
20230524_tcows 741a.jpg
20230524_tcows 747a.jpg
20230524_tcows 748a.jpg

My cousin came over and bush hogged 45 acres of pasture today. It'd have taken me a week with my little 5ft bhog.

He also brought over 26heifers sometime yesterday. I heard them bawling last night. We talked about it today. He's gonna bring over a couple old lead cows. Need a lead cow to keep the youngsters in line.

I thought about walking down to the bottoms where the heifers are hanging out. Would've except I'd have to climb that ridge to get out. I'll wait and get pics next time I see them up here.

I was happy as can be to see this... looks like a farm again. A few random pics of pasture. Sort of funny, up in the high field there is one lone peach tree left, used have 200 trees up there.

View attachment 109023View attachment 109024View attachment 109025View attachment 109026View attachment 109027View attachment 109028View attachment 109029
You know what pic I like the best, Sam!!♥️

o0o0oh! nice pix!

View attachment 109023View attachment 109024View attachment 109025View attachment 109026View attachment 109027View attachment 109028View attachment 109029
!

Went to a bluegrass event today. Groups of pickers found a spot anywhere they could. These guys were funny. They'd tell people walking by they'd formed a band, calling themselves the "Dumpster Boys". 🤣

And my favorite sign for parking. 😁

View attachment 109223View attachment 109224
Looks like y'all had great weather!! One of my favorite groups is called "The Trash Can Sinatras"!

Last edited:
Mose things are badass!!!
They earned our respect when we were young.
This one had powerful enough jaws to cut a boat paddle in half.
Yours would have no problem snipping a finger off. :oops:
Photo:
23697-SnappingTurtlePaulandPat.jpg

Oh, we ate him all up in turtle-soup, so we won. :)
My Dad and his buddies had a snapping turtle soup party every summer when I was a kid! GROSS!! That's where my love if vegetables came from!!

Those things are badass!!!
They earned our respect when we were young.
This one had powerful enough jaws to cut a boat paddle in half.
Yours would have no problem snipping a finger off. :oops:
Photo of my 2 older brothers:
23697-SnappingTurtlePaulandPat.jpg

Oh, we ate him all up in turtle-soup, so we won. :)
It was about that size!!😮

My Dad and his buddies had a snapping turtle soup party every summer when I was a kid! GROSS!! That's where my love if vegetables came from!!
Aw, c'mon! They taste just like chicken.
65793-Yummy.gif
:thumbs:

Last edited:
I don't know how old this drill is, but I found it in the workshop. It looks like it has a level bubble on the back, but I forgot to take a picture of it. It struggled to cut through the plywood-- stalled out a few times, but it eventually did it and I have a hole for the shower controls now.
1685634088318.png

Latest posts

Back