Post good deals or bargains here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I waited to tell about this until I tried it. I got a heads up that Walmart has the pack of 4 blue wide mouth pints for 90 cents on their grocery app. They only let me order 6 and they only had 4 so subbed one 4 pack of quarts for 1.80. I picked them up this morning. You have to order $30 for a pickup order so I ordered some other grocery items.

THIS IS ONLY ON THE GROCERY APP THAT YOU PICK UP. Otherwise on line and in the store they are on sale for 5 and change.

Dollar Tree has Twin Pack Sure Deodorant (as pic) for $1.00. They also have Ladles with copper (color) handles for 0.25. This just may be local to my DT, idk.
Sure.jpg

I've got five of them.
Bet you're jealous.

I like cantaloupes and watermelon are my favorite but can't grow either for whatever reason. I think it is the compost and natural nutrients we use. Guess they have fixed it to where they only grow using their own kind of chemical.:dunno:. I know our horse grew one in his stall once he passed from eatign them, and that was natural.

My good deal shopping list this week: At Sprouts Farmers Mkt the sales include a lb of strawberries for 88 cents, avocados are 77 cents each, yellow squash is 77 cents a lb, and on the vine tomatoes are 88 cents a lb. I have a coupon for Sprouts for $5 off $30 purchase. Our local Albertsons has a good deal on toilet paper (store brand) 12 double rolls for $5. Our Kroger Store (Smiths) has 12 cans of Hormel Chili for $10.56, and I have coupons for $2.20 off, I'm getting 5 cans of Chef Boy R D ravioli- sale price is 88 cents a can, and I have 20 cents off each can coupon, 8 cans of Spam at $2.49 each, and I have 50 cents off each can coupons, 1 Duncan Hines Signature cake mix for 99 cents and I have a 50 cents off coupon, and lastly, Kroger cream cheese is $1 a block, so I'll stock up. These sales start tomorrow

My shopping list based on the ad sales this week: Kroger Store (Smiths) grapes 77 cents a lb, Asparagus $1.48 lb, NY strip steak $4.77 lb, Buying in sets of 10's: American Beauty Pasta 49 cents, cream of mushroom soup 49 cents, Swansons canned broth 49 cents, Betty Crocker Cake Mix 79 cents. I also have coupons for the cream of mush soup, $4 off 16 cans. Sprouts Market has pears for 50 cents a lb. Good for pear jam. Albertsons has a weekend sale on milk $1.77 a gallon, bread 50 cents, apple juice 97 cents, 2 lb cheese for $5, and 6 oz blackberries for a dollar.

I was cruising through my local walmart heading to another section when I saw they had their brand of canned veggies on sale for 44 cent each.
I plan on hitting that sale for cases for the things we use. I'll have to check if they have their beets on sale too since we eat a lot of them
Also just a reminder baking supplies will be going on sale at the stores for the holidays. I can always find good buys on nuts and I freeze them for use all year long.
The same with spices and extracts

Agree. I don't go to Walmart at all. I get better prices at our Albertsons or Kroger Store. My shop list this week:
Albertsons: 2 whole chickens at 47 cents a lb, Capri Sun at 99 cents a box, Honeycrisp apples at $1.47 lb, 5 Keebler crackers at 3 for $5.o0 (1.69 each) but I have 75 cent coupons on all, so they are 94 cents each. My Kroger Store: 5 tostitos or Lays chips at 1.49, 5 Johnsonville brats packs of 5 for $2.49 each, 5 OreIda frozen hash browns at 99 cents each, 4 pkgs of frozen peas at $1 each, and 20 cents off each coupon, a coupon for a free box of wheat thins, 8 cans of Campbells Chunky Soup for 99 cents each and I have 35 cent coupons off each, Tri tip roasts are 4.99 a lb, 6 Keebler cookies at $1.49 each, and I have 75 cents off each coupons so they are 74 cents each, Kraft mayo at $1.99, 15 boxes of General Mills Cereal at $1.79 each and I have 35 cents off each coupons so $1.49 each, Kraft and wishbone salad dressings are 99 cents each. And lastly I have a $7.00 off all grocery coupon. Sprouts has grapes at 77 cents lb and berries by the pound are 3 for $5. I have to go there right now for fruit for the preschool. Tomorrow will be Krogers, Albertsons will be Friday or Saturday. Looking like I'll be under household grocery budget this week, so I can apply it towards Christmas budget.

I get grocery flyers in the mail at the post office on Tuesdays. Sometimes there's a few pages of coupons with the flyers. People stack their flyers that they don't want on the counter, so I take them. Extra newspaper I use to line baby chicken/duck/turkey brooders anyway. I buy 4 Sunday papers at the dollar store each week and that has coupons. One of my Monday thru Friday employees works there on the weekend so she brings them to me. Also on the Kroger store card. They will mail you coupons. I just got one in today for $13 off if you spend $130. I'm sure I'll use it before Christmas. I hate the store tracking my purchases there, but the coupons are good. With the above list it probably looks like we're having not much for dinner this week. I've got my working pantry and freezers stocked so I only buy sales each week. I maintain a years supply at least. Baking items should be going on sale the next couple of weeks. Didn't think I'd find much on sale at Sprouts this morning, but they had a clearance basket. A large bag of briquets for 99cents, and Celestial Seasonings Tea for 99 cents. I like to keep briquets around for dutch oven cooking. Saved my butt when our oven blew and it took two weeks for the part. I cooked outside a lot those two weeks.

Our Wal-Mart knows its 60 miles to the next town for shopping. We do have a small mom and pop grocery store and I love it but its more expensive.
We have one like that here too. I still try to make the trip to the other town as the savings seem worth the drive. It feels good to not buy their $3.50 per gallon milk and buy the $150 per gallon milk instead anyway.

I do buy some stuff at Walmart. Our local one has things that other stores don't or have them at better prices. An example is Kerrygold butter, which I really like. Walmart has it for $2.88 (a half pound). Kroger has the exact same Kerrygold butter in exactly the same packaging for $4.89 (about). So I'm gonna buy my Kerrygold butter at Walmart. They also have bigger blocks or Cabot cheddar cheese for not a whole lot more money than other stores have the small blocks for. I buy that at Walmart.

There are some other things that Walmart is not cheaper on. Yes, I do sometimes find a sale. About a week ago, I happened upon two packages in a Kroger store we don't usually shop at but decided we'd go there. Found a pound of organic grass fed ground beef for $0.99 and a pound of ground lamb next to it in the case for $0.99. They were so cheap because the date on them was about to run out. We didn't care. We brought them home and immediately made them (mixed them) into some of the best meatballs I think I've ever eaten in my life, ever. I mean, those things were some GOOD eats.

@PopPopT it's good to be on the lookout for bargains like that! I shop at WM too, but I know that 4 other WMs that are within 45 minutes of us consistently have lower prices on the same items in grocery. Not worth driving that distance. I used to think it was spite towards the poor, but more likely it's something else.

Last edited:
I've got my working pantry and freezers stocked so I only buy sales each week. I maintain a years supply at least. Baking items should be going on sale the next couple of weeks.,,,,,, A large bag of briquets for 99cents, and Celestial Seasonings Tea for 99 cents. I like to keep briquets around for dutch oven cooking. Saved my butt when our oven blew and it took two weeks for the part. I cooked outside a lot those two weeks.

I do the same thing. When you have a full freezer of meat and a pantry full of canned goods and baking goods, it's pretty easy to whip up dinner quickly. When I grocery shop once per week or two, I pick up fresh veges, milk, cheese & eggs, bread, and sale items. Unless meat is on a really good sale, I don't buy meat at the store. We get our beef from a farmer. Today I loaded up on salad dressings for $1 each, string cheese that was on sale, and rice/pasta sides for $1. Sometimes I only run in for the sales of the week if I'm already in town. I don't typically make a special trip to town for groceries b/c it's just not necessary.

I buy a LOT of charcoal during the Memorial Day sales which is when they always have the cheapest prices of the year around here. I bought 5 or 6 of the 20# double packs of Kingsford for $10 last May. I still have 6 bags left. We grill throughout the year and it's tough finding charcoal in the winter.......and if you find it, it's usually pricy. I also like to have charcoal stored just in case there is a long term power outage. We'd still be eatin' good for a while. Plus, I always like to keep the camper stocked.....even when it's in storage.

I got 3 packages each of chicken breast , pork chops . and country style ribs. When we got home I packaged them up in family packages. I got 7 pacages each of the ribs and pork chops and put the chicken in the fridge until tomorrow.

I do the same thing. When you have a full freezer of meat and a pantry full of canned goods and baking goods, it's pretty easy to whip up dinner quickly. When I grocery shop once per week or two, I pick up fresh veges, milk, cheese & eggs, bread, and sale items. Unless meat is on a really good sale, I don't buy meat at the store. We get our beef from a farmer. Today I loaded up on salad dressings for $1 each, string cheese that was on sale, and rice/pasta sides for $1. Sometimes I only run in for the sales of the week if I'm already in town. I don't typically make a special trip to town for groceries b/c it's just not necessary.

I buy a LOT of charcoal during the Memorial Day sales which is when they always have the cheapest prices of the year around here. I bought 5 or 6 of the 20# double packs of Kingsford for $10 last May. I still have 6 bags left. We grill throughout the year and it's tough finding charcoal in the winter.......and if you find it, it's usually pricy. I also like to have charcoal stored just in case there is a long term power outage. We'd still be eatin' good for a while. Plus, I always like to keep the camper stocked.....even when it's in storage.
Me too. I have 8 bags of it now. as soon as it comes on sale again I'll get some more.

Latest posts

Back