Post good deals or bargains here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It feels good to not buy their $3.50 per gallon milk and buy the $150 per gallon milk instead anyway.

I think I'd take the $3.50 a gallon unless that $150 includes someone to cook breakfast and do the dishes.:D

Just did my shopping list for this week. I'll also buy fruit and vegetables. At Albertsons: I'll shop on Wednesday because I'll get a senior discount of 10% off and I'll get: Hunts Pasta Sauce at 77 cents a can..two cases, and 12 Pillsbury Grands Biscuits at 99 cents..I have coupons for 35 cents off each, so they'll be 64 cents each. At Smiths (our Kroger Store) They have buy one get marinated pork tenderloins, I'm getting 5 each 4lb sugars for 99 cents, 5 each 12oz Hershey chocolate chips for 99 cents, 5 each Korger peanut butter for 99 cents, 5 each 5lb Gold Medal flour for 1.49 each, 5 each Wesson vegetable oil 48oz size for 1.49 each, a bunch of Kraft Salad dressing for 99 cents, and a lot of Philadelphia Cream Cheese for 99 cents...depends on the expiration dates on how many I get. Family pack chicken thighs are 67 cents a lb. I have a 10% off all grocery items coupon. Also a 50% coupon for all holiday items, like Christmas candy and stuff.

Shopping specials this week: at Albertsons: 8 cans of Dole mandarin oranges for $1 eac, with 75 cents off each two (63 cents each), Cucumbers 50 cents each, Honeycrisp apples are $1.47 lb, 2 boxes of Townhouse crackers at $2.00 each with a 75 cents off coupon each, so $1.25 each. Have a coupon for a free bag of powdered sugar. At our Kroger Store (Smiths) Cheese blocks are $4.99 for 2 lb blocks, Turkeys are 57 cents a lb. Our Sprouts Farmers Market: green beans 77 cents a lb, avocados are 3 for $1, blueberries or blackberries are 4 for $5, Zucchini or yellow squash is 98 cents a lb.

Went to walmart today . While I was there they started marking the turkeys down tp 48 cents a pound. I bought 4-18 pound birds . Called oldest daughter. she is going tomorrow. I think I may go back and get a couple more. Hubby is going to de-bone most of them and I am going to grind into burger. I also bought a 25 pound bag of sugar for 7.60. Best price I have seen in a while.

Sale prices for this week are--first cut pork chops&chicken breast for 1.00 a pound.Blackeye peas 1.00 for 12 oz. bag. Rice 2 pounds for 1.00. Hubby's cokes 2 liter 1.00.Ball park meat franks & cracker lunchables 1.00 each.The blackeye peas are not that good but it saves 20 cents a bag. I'll take it.

Went to Harbor Freight and got a free headlamp. Then bought a pair of good rubberized gardening gloves on sale. Total was $1.08.
Went to Joannes Fabrics for stuff we needed for the preschool and picked up a couple buck rolls of Christmas paper.
Went to Albertsons: Country style pork ribs 99 cents a lb, Cans of tomatoes (the big cans) were 3 for $1.00, so I bought lots. Bread 77 cents a loaf, KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce $1, Bob's Red Mill TVP 10 oz was 99 cents (for our vegetarian daughters emergency food), and my son was happy to see that I bought 8 pkgs of Oreo Cookies. They were $2.50 each, and I got 75 cents off of every two.

That's the spirit Lazy! You saved money that you can touch and count! :)

Where to get bestdeal on dried ' ORGANIC ' beans ?

Lilmissy put up 2 places ' Azure and Frankferd ' but they are high priced and not counting almost 9 % shipping. My cart has 20lb.s of dried beans and it is $44.95 plus 8.60 % shipping [ whatever that means] not quite clear to me .:dunno:
May be a good place but if there is a cheaper one with same value I'd like to know.

Our Kroger store had American Beauty Pasta for 49 cents. I bought a lot. Some Pringles for 99 cents. Our Albertsons Store had whole chickens at 77 cents a lb, so I bought 8 of them. Also a spiral cut ham for 99 cents a lb. Some items in their clearance basket, too...Pumpkin Martinellis Cider for 99 cents, and 99 cent Brownie Brittle.

Local food giant had store brand saltine crackers for 79 cents. We tried them a couple weeks ago. We got 10 boxes to vacuum seal. They actually taste better than the name brand. The super foods store has spiral hams for 88 cents a pound, bread for 79 cents ,ritz crackers for 1.68 , and rice-a-roni for 78 cents. I will wait until tuesday so I can get my senior discount.

Who doesn't love a good deal? I have been keeping my eyes open because I find that January and February are great times of the year to get great bargains, especially at brick and mortar stores! This is the time of year I really stock up on gifts for Birthdays or other occasions for pennies on the dollar.

Yesterday I was in Walmart and they have lots of clothing on clearance along with lots of clearance items in every department. Of coarse, every store is different. I have gone to 3 different Walmarts this month and only 1 of the 3 has what I would consider excellent deals. The same jacket in each WM was $11, $9, and $5. I have already bought DH 6 zippered and hooded jackets for $5 each. He wears them everyday and often rips them or gets fuel, grease, or other nasty stuff on them. They are truly a pain to wash, so for $5 each he can wear them for a while and ditch them if need be without guilt. I also picked up some socks, shirts, and undies at a good bargain.

I have also found some various deals at other stores that are clearance deals and not advertised. It's likely worth a wander through your favorite stores right now to see what they might have on clearance.

If anyone finds anything else online or otherwise, please post here and let us know!
I use digital coupons with dollar general and am on some coupon groups on facebook. I dont have time to clip all the coupons but the digitals are great and you just put in your phone number when checking out .I watch the others purchases and copy them when they post them . I have a great stockpile of so many household products such as shampoo razors etc. for probably at least 70 percent off and up. I sometimes have transactions that are almost free. Dollar tree also is a good store for bargains.. My walmart is out of so much all the time its irritating.

Love those senior discounts! I got 10# beefsteak tomatoes, slightly bruised for $3. Chopped them up and froze for soups. Bruised bits went to chickens
I do this also with my produce. Today I got all my bags of whole tomatoes out of the freezer to defrost ...my chickens got the stems . Tomorrow I am going to run them through my hand crank tomato press and make sauce..

Was given this to me the other day.it can use a lil bit of cleaning n repainting. But yet i might not.just get jugs of water for it.n go with that.

0301191222.jpg

We store lots of water in those. Our son has one in the trailer and got a hand pump for it to make it easier to get a cup of water without the water dispenser. Free is always good.
Some bargains at our Kroger Store: 8 boxes of Quaker instant oatmeal all flavors for $1.49..I had 50 cents off each box. asparagus 88 cents a lb, Store brand bread at $1 a loaf, bought two and got 50 cents off. Planters Peanuts in the bottles.$2.49 each, and $1.50 off each coupon. Bought 5.

My sales list for today: at my Kroger Store, I need egg whites for husband and I have a dollar coupon off, 2 loaves of bread for $2, with a 50 cent coupon off, 2 pkgs frozen spinach for $1 each, 50 cents off coupon, 1 Uncle Bens Ready Rice (free with coupon), Starkist tuna is 50 cents a can, and so are the store brand of beans. Chicken leg quarters are 89 cents a lb and grapes are 99 cents a lb. Our Albertsons Store has good deals, and it's seniors 10 percent off day. I'll get 8 large boxes of GM cereal for $1.97 each with 50 cent coupons off each box and get 2 gallons of milk free. Also 1 lb lentils ar 97 cents, and pintos are 79 cents. Store brand refried beans are 79 cents a can. Since our Albertsons is next door to Harbor Freight, I'll get my free headlamp and buy another tarp for cheap.

Not sure if this would go here ~ if you like bulk, might look up Azure Standard. I think they deliver pretty much nationwide now. Their prices are good for the quality of product (they specialize in organic nongmo) and sell small quantities or bulk. Just thought I’d share.

Latest posts

Back