Post good deals or bargains here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sentry!
Shipping was only $6 too, or free for Amazon Prime members. I looked for a coupon code, but the only one I found (WOOTBEST) didn't work. Still looks like a pretty good deal though.

Your welcome! I picked up a couple too.

Sportman's Outdoor Superstore has pretty much every model of the FN / FNS line in .40 for $299 each. They also have the S&W M&P M2.0 Compact in .40 for the same price.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/153384

2019-09-17_1448.png

I just saved $400+ also.
We worked out all the measurements, in metric.
Filled out the forms.
Got all the discounts and 2 pair for $106.00+ $6 shpg. Total $112.00.

Tell your wife to check out Goggles4U.com.
Zenni only had 3 frames to fit my wife, this company had 279.

Lots more selection on frames and good reputation , in business 15 years, and just as cheap.

Jim

Update....

They wife's eyeglasses came today, 15 days from order date...not bad.

They are as high quality and she is very pleased with the looks, the fit, and most of all the prescription seems to be just right.
2 pair for $112 , tax and shipped.

We just saved $400-$500 .

Couldn't be happier:cool:

1 frame was $6.95, the other frame was $19.95. the most expense was the chroma transitions lense , and no line bifocals.

One pair was $43.00, the other pair was $59.00. + tax .

Jim

Quaker oatmeal flavored pkts (10 in a box) for 99 cents. Quaker granola bars 99 cents. Orowheat bread $1.99, and I had a $1 off coupon. Couldn't believe the stocking. Went to Albertsons and our Kroger store for the specials. Albertsons had their granola bars singly stacked on the shelf...to cover that there wasn't anymore, they put a false backing behind the boxes. Empty areas in their canned food section. Kroger didn't have a false back, but would put prepared food boxes (like 5 pk mac and cheese) sideways and up front so you didn't notice that there wasn't anything behind it. No "rows" of food anymore. Pasta was the same way. Canned chicken at Albertsons...$1 a can. Sale started today, and I went this morning. 9 cans left. Stacked so you couldn't see there wasn't anymore. I bought them all.

Got all the discounts and 2 pair for $106.00+ $6 shpg. Total $112.00.

Tell your wife to check out Goggles4U.com.

Hey Jim - How did these glasses turn out? I wouldn't mind having a few pairs of inexpensive single vision glasses (for piano and computer). I went to their website and can't say I was impressed with their mastery of the English language. Hopefully their mastery of optics is better. This company must not be in the US, and we could be dealing with one of those laughable Chinese-to-English translations.

Example:
HOW IMPORTANT IS PUPILLARY DISTANCE?
Without PD – it is impossible to purchase an accurate pair of glasses as it pronounces the optical center of both pupils. In addition – experts recommend measuring our PD with laser- focus to keep vision intact and bonded. However with deprivation – our eyesight absorbs erroneous frequencies. The Pupillary Distance (PD) ensures RX glasses possess the right alignment.

???

This doesn't make much sense: "Without PD – it is impossible to purchase an accurate pair of glasses as it pronounces the optical center of both pupils."

OK, I understand that PD is good, but what the heck does "pronounces the optical center of both pupils" mean?

And I'm not even going to make a guess about what they were trying to convey with this: "However with deprivation – our eyesight absorbs erroneous frequencies." ??? I'm pretty sure you won't find that line in many ophthalmologist medical textbooks.

But the real proof is in the quality of what you received from them. How did that turn out?

Hey Jim - How did these glasses turn out? I wouldn't mind having a few pairs of inexpensive single vision glasses (for piano and computer). I went to their website and can't say I was impressed with their mastery of the English language. Hopefully their mastery of optics is better. This company must not be in the US, and we could be dealing with one of those laughable Chinese-to-English translations.

Example:

???

This doesn't make much sense: "Without PD – it is impossible to purchase an accurate pair of glasses as it pronounces the optical center of both pupils."

OK, I understand that PD is good, but what the heck does "pronounces the optical center of both pupils" mean?

And I'm not even going to make a guess about what they were trying to convey with this: "However with deprivation – our eyesight absorbs erroneous frequencies." ??? I'm pretty sure you won't find that line in many ophthalmologist medical textbooks.

But the real proof is in the quality of what you received from them. How did that turn out?

Sorry folks, I thought I reported back.

Your right about the glasses coming from across the big pond, they originate in Taiwan.
Thru CA.

Wife got 2 pair , we can't tell any quality difference in the $600.00 ones. Took 15 days to arrive.

1 pair was $43.00 , $6.95 for frames . These she wears 90% of the time. Fit was perfect , prescription was right on also. She is happy.
1 pair was $60.00 , frames were $19.95 , a little blingy /sparkly, she likes very much, everything was as it should be , she is very happy.

I'm happy to save $400-$500 .

My daughter ordered a pair for grandson , under $50 ,happy also.

Jim

Latest posts

Back