Post good deals or bargains here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know why the trigger guard is so stout on the 92?
It's so you can tie a rope to it and use it as a boat anchor.

You must have never owned one. Might be one of the easiest to shoot and most accurate 9mm's I have ever owned.

You must have never owned one. Might be one of the easiest to shoot and most accurate 9mm's I have ever owned.
I had to carry one for 15 years. The very worst hand gun I have ever used. I was so happy the day I was able to rid myself of it. From day one, it never felt good in my hand. I just seemed clunky and unmanageable. My scores with it were my lowest ever of any gun I ever fired. I never heard anyone say "I'd love to have one of those"

I had to carry one for 15 years. The very worst hand gun I have ever used. I was so happy the day I was able to rid myself of it. From day one, it never felt good in my hand. I just seemed clunky and unmanageable. My scores with it were my lowest ever of any gun I ever fired. I never heard anyone say "I'd love to have one of those"

That's crazy. Yours must have had some kind of ban state trigger in it or something. My 92G had (and still has) a buttery smooth trigger and ball bearing slick action. It was the only duty gun I ever had where I had perfect qualification scores for 3 years in a row. I even came in 2nd place out of 100 shooters in my state's LEO combat shooting competition with it (lost out to a tribal cop shooting a S&W 5906). I did have Italian aftermarket grips on it, which are considerably thinner than the Beretta plastic grips.

The Chief had to make a special exception when they retired them for Glocks because most of the older guys refused to switch.

We had the opposite experience. When it came time to switch out to Glocks. We had the option to buy our duty weapon. Out of 30 some guns only three were bought. Department wide, scores increased with the Glock.
Dating myself here. When I started, I was issued a S&W model 10 .38 special. That was the most accurate duty weapon I was ever issued. I carried my S&W 625 for several years. The best gun for me ever. I remember the day I bought it. The first time I held it in my hand I new that was the gun for me. It's absolutely incredible.
(And there was always the benefit of the suspect being able to see the rounds in the chamber when pointed at them.)

We had the opposite experience. When it came time to switch out to Glocks. We had the option to buy our duty weapon. Out of 30 some guns only three were bought. Department wide, scores increased with the Glock.
Dating myself here. When I started, I was issued a S&W model 10 .38 special. That was the most accurate duty weapon I was ever issued. I carried my S&W 625 for several years. The best gun for me ever. I remember the day I bought it. The first time I held it in my hand I new that was the gun for me. It's absolutely incredible.
(And there was always the benefit of the suspect being able to see the rounds in the chamber when pointed at them.)

I was a FI & Armorer for about 12 years, teaching at the state police academy, local police academies, neighboring state academies, a few times on loan to FLETC, etc.. This is the first time I have ever heard of scores going up after switching to Glock. I may need to submit your department to Ripley's Believe it or Not. :)

We never traded in a single Beretta, either they were bought up by the person they were issued to or retirees or other local LEO's. When we were done with Glock we sent in almost every gun. Only a few plain clothes people who used G23C's wanted to keep theirs.

With a bulky grip and a long trigger pull the 92 is an acquired taste for most people. The open slide is also unmanageable for some.
That said, the gun is accurate, reliable and well built.
The safety is backwards and the grip angle is too vertical which would take time for me to get used to.
It does have an exposed hammer but it comes with a decocker which is also a negative for me. I am a revolver nut and I am used to dropping the hammer on a live chamber. I don't trust a mechanical part to do that job.
For some it may be "the gun" but I have other preferences when using a semi-auto.

https://aimsurplus.com/s-w-model-10...revolver/?mc_cid=3ea4d45e28&mc_eid=865e994ca0

S&W Model 10 Heavy Barrels for $299.

@Just Cliff should like this bargain. If I didn't already have a few of these, I would be buying another one.

F1SWM10HB19X__09206.1570723171.jpg

I should have mentioned they also have the tapered barrel version for $299, as well as the stainless model 64 (38) and model 65 (357) in stock too. As well as a ton of police trade in semi autos.

https://aimsurplus.com/firearm/handgun/

F1SWM10TBX__34053.1570043727.jpg

How come I can never find deals like that on the Ruger revolvers? ;)

How come I can never find deals like that on the Ruger revolvers? ;)

They just had Ruger 357's in DAO on there for like $349 or $399 a few weeks ago. Guess I should have posted that deal!

I am watching for the six shot single / double action Rugers in 357 and 45 Colt.

Safeway had a sale on bacon! I know that most men don't like it but when it is 3 pounds for $5 you just have to buy it. I picked up 12 pounds which will last us a year, unless my son comes over . . .

Safeway had a sale on bacon! I know that most men don't like it but when it is 3 pounds for $5 you just have to buy it. I picked up 12 pounds which will last us a year, unless my son comes over . . .
Be careful. Not sure what brand you bought but Gwaltney are injecting vegetable oil to increase the weight.

I have a question about deals. Maybe 2 years ago, a gallon of white vinegar was 2.99 and would often go on sale for 2.49. Then up to 3.29 and now 3.49 and I don't ever see it on sale. That's a dollar higher which is significant percentage wise. We go through quite a bit as I use it as fabric softener and for cleaning, disinfecting etc. Does anyone have a good source for it - even in 5 gal buckets? I'm thinking it's a reasonable investment to stock up.

I have a question about deals. Maybe 2 years ago, a gallon of white vinegar was 2.99 and would often go on sale for 2.49. Then up to 3.29 and now 3.49 and I don't ever see it on sale. That's a dollar higher which is significant percentage wise. We go through quite a bit as I use it as fabric softener and for cleaning, disinfecting etc. Does anyone have a good source for it - even in 5 gal buckets? I'm thinking it's a reasonable investment to stock up.

https://www.factorydirectvinegar.com/products/5-white-vinegar-1-gallon?variant=21243190640719

The 275 Gallon Tote is a good deal at $2.54 per gallon. ;)

Latest posts

Back