Post good deals or bargains here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI for folks. My walmart has their holiday setup out already. I only saw corn and green beans for 50 cents a can. Didn't see peas yet. Just wanted to let ya know if you plan to stock up. Its easier to get a case as thats how they're stacked and not loose like on the shelves

Oh and walmarts brand of condensed soups have gone from 50 cents a can to 78 cents a can ( here at least)

I have decided to go on a liberal diet. Liberals are cheap and easy to find, they are browsers and grazers, and the only thing they produce is fertilizer. It will be like eating sweet beef!
OK, I decided there was too much fat in that diet so I will stay with KETO. :)

I make my own vinegar. You wind up with raw apple cider vinegar but it is really inexpensive.

I see I know very little about vinegar. I presumed it came out of a fountain in Switzerland or something.

The only canner on there is the one in the middle. The other two are cookers.

There are 4 different links. The top 2 are canner/cookers, the 3rd the big one is a canner. The 4th one is really old canner. My grand mother had one.

Last edited:
So guess what I bought for $50 @Terri9630? Saw it on a local 'for sale' message board and decided the price was too good to pass up. I also bought a large and small cast iron frying pan from the same person for $25 more.

72541630_2425565454397624_7956828735800344576_n.jpg

So guess what I bought for $50 @Terri9630? Saw it on a local 'for sale' message board and decided the price was too good to pass up. I also bought a large and small cast iron frying pan from the same person for $25 more.

View attachment 27810

It has an ash door!! I'm so jealous!

I got mine for free but it was rusty and missing the ash door.

View attachment 27810
My FIL swears my FATSO had all the parts when he had it so he is going to look for the ash door. Maybe I'll get lucky and he will find it.

We went last weekend to get some firewood. The guy that had it said he was selling the land to a developer and we could have the wood for free. He normally splits it up and sells it. We went back today and he said if we can load it, we can have it. Guess what we spent all morning doing. He told us to come back next week too. He also sells mulch and compost.
1221191144.jpg
1221191214.jpg
1221191216a.jpg

No specific deals, just a general "heads up," for electronics/computers. If you want some really good deals on electronics and computers use the word "refurbished" in front of whatever you're looking for. Example: "refurbished desk top computer." Your search will then show you the websites of official refurbishers/rebuilders of desktop computers in this example. You can find some absolutely amazing deals this way, particularly for desk top and laptop computers. I have purchased several this way, and gotten some fantastic deals. Recently I purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop with a 14.5" screen, i5 3.4 GHz CPU with hyperthreading (effectively gives you a quad-core CPU), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HDD, Dolby Advanced Audio, CD/DVD R&W drive, Windows 10 Pro (which I got rid of after installing Ubuntu), and it had several USB 3.0/2.0 ports, VGA and HDMI ports. The price? $138.95...and that's not a misprint...it was $138.95 (plus tax, of course). It works perfectly. no problems.

A couple weeks ago I purchased an 11.5" screen Dell ChromeBook, 2.6 GHz duo-core CPU, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 32 GB SSD, USB ports, HDMI port, SD Card Reader......the price? $50 + tax. Works like a charm. A month ago' I purchased a Sanyo 40" flat screen TV with HDMI and USB ports, and plugged in my Roku stick fired it up, works perfectly, no problems. The price? $143.95 + tax.

I have purchased several refurbished desktop computers as well...none of them with less than a 3.4 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, CD/DVD R & W drives, several USB ports, VGA & HDMI ports.......none of them were more than $149.95, and most were around $120 - $130. They all worked perfectly right out of the box. EXAMPLE: (MIne had 8 GB RAM, not 4 GB.) https://www.newegg.com/hp-compaq-pro-6300-student-home-office/p/1VK-001E-0AC39?Item=9SIABX79J22306
HP Compaq Pro 6300 Computer PC Core i5-3470 Quad-Core CPU (3.2 Ghz) 4GB DDR3 RAM 250GB HDD DVD-ROM Windows 10 64-bit.........$129.99 + tax.

Getting the picture?? :green man:

Last edited:
No specific deals, just a general "heads up," for electronics/computers. If you want some really good deals on electronics and computers use the word "refurbished" in front of whatever you're looking for. Example: "refurbished desk top computer." Your search will then show you the websites of official refurbishers/rebuilders of desktop computers in this example. You can find some absolutely amazing deals this way, particularly for desk top and laptop computers. I have purchased several this way, and gotten some fantastic deals. Recently I purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop with a 14.5" screen, i5 3.4 GHz CPU with hyperthreading (effectively gives you a quad-core CPU), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HDD, Dolby Advanced Audio, CD/DVD R&W drive, Windows 10 Pro (which I got rid of after installing Ubuntu), and it had several USB 3.0/2.0 ports, VGA and HDMI ports. The price? $138.95...and that's not a misprint...it was $138.95 (plus tax, of course). It works perfectly. no problems.

A couple weeks ago I purchased an 11.5" screen Dell ChromeBook, 2.6 GHz duo-core CPU, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 32 GB SSD, USB ports, HDMI port, SD Card Reader......the price? $50 + tax. Works like a charm. A month ago' I purchased a Sanyo 40" flat screen TV with HDMI and USB ports, and plugged in my Roku stick fired it up, works perfectly, no problems. The price? $143.95 + tax.

I have purchased several refurbished desktop computers as well...none of them with less than a 3.4 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, CD/DVD R & W drives, several USB ports, VGA & HDMI ports.......none of them were more than $149.95, and most were around $120 - $130. They all worked perfectly right out of the box. EXAMPLE: (MIne had 8 GB RAM, not 4 GB.) https://www.newegg.com/hp-compaq-pro-6300-student-home-office/p/1VK-001E-0AC39?Item=9SIABX79J22306
HP Compaq Pro 6300 Computer PC Core i5-3470 Quad-Core CPU (3.2 Ghz) 4GB DDR3 RAM 250GB HDD DVD-ROM Windows 10 64-bit.........$129.99 + tax.

Getting the picture?? :green man:

Soundsgood and may need one soon,especially Tv may go out any day. Thanks VenomJ.

All that Styrofoam packing that your gifts came in? The land fill doesn't want it and reyclers don't want it so what can you do with it?
Mix it with gasoline or other volatile solvent and use it in a weed sprayer that you wire a fiberglass wick on for burning weeds and yard brush.
You could also put it in a high pressure sprayer and shoot a flaming stream of "napalm" at folks who want to do you harm...

All that Styrofoam packing that your gifts came in? The land fill doesn't want it and reyclers don't want it so what can you do with it?

I put the air pockets and styro peanuts in a garbage bag and sell them on a garage sale for packing supplies. Or, I give them away on CL as packing supplies. Or, I use them in my own packages that I send out. Or, I drop them off to a local ebay seller, who is more than happy to accept them.

You could also put it in a high pressure sprayer and shoot a flaming stream of "napalm" at folks who want to do you harm...
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Hey SheepDog, we're friends right???:D:cool::p I just get this weird feeling that I wouldn't want to pizz you off.:oops:

This one might sound "funny" but I haven't had to purchase TP for a very long time and just realized we are dangerously low. I ended up ordering Charmin in bulk from Boxed for 46c per roll (including tax) - cheaper than Costco brand and better. Funny bit, when I was looking, under condition it read "New" - ummmmm, as opposed to used? :eek:

I put the air pockets and styro peanuts in a garbage bag and sell them on a garage sale for packing supplies. Or, I give them away on CL as packing supplies. Or, I use them in my own packages that I send out. Or, I drop them off to a local ebay seller, who is more than happy to accept them.

That is something I never thought of doing. Selling garbage to people who want it to send to someone else. (Only in America) :)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Hey SheepDog, we're friends right???:D:cool::p I just get this weird feeling that I wouldn't want to pizz you off.:oops:

Angie nrs,
In order to get on my bad side you would have try to kill me or someone I love. That is not who you are. Friends or not we aren't enemies and I like what I know of you. ;)
We're all good.

Awwwwww SheepDog.:huggs: Your chemistry knowledge and the way you put it all together........well, it's pretty impressive to say the least. Just want to be on the right side of all of that.:p:D

That is something I never thought of doing. Selling garbage to people who want it to send to someone else. (Only in America) :)

LOL! I just put it in the garbage bags b/c those packing things are bulky. I never really thought of it like that, but you're right!

Truglo is running a rebate on handgun sights ranging from $10-20 depending on the model. I just picked up a set of tritium sights for my Ruger LC9S on Amazon for $39 and sent in my rebate for $10 back. $29 for night sights are a pretty solid deal.

http://www.trugloqr.com/rebates/

s_DSC6095.jpg

Latest posts

Back