Post good deals or bargains here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Who doesn't love a good deal? I have been keeping my eyes open because I find that January and February are great times of the year to get great bargains, especially at brick and mortar stores! This is the time of year I really stock up on gifts for Birthdays or other occasions for pennies on the dollar.

Yesterday I was in Walmart and they have lots of clothing on clearance along with lots of clearance items in every department. Of coarse, every store is different. I have gone to 3 different Walmarts this month and only 1 of the 3 has what I would consider excellent deals. The same jacket in each WM was $11, $9, and $5. I have already bought DH 6 zippered and hooded jackets for $5 each. He wears them everyday and often rips them or gets fuel, grease, or other nasty stuff on them. They are truly a pain to wash, so for $5 each he can wear them for a while and ditch them if need be without guilt. I also picked up some socks, shirts, and undies at a good bargain.

I have also found some various deals at other stores that are clearance deals and not advertised. It's likely worth a wander through your favorite stores right now to see what they might have on clearance.

If anyone finds anything else online or otherwise, please post here and let us know!

I have gone to 3 different Walmarts this month and only 1 of the 3 has what I would consider excellent deals. The same jacket in each WM was $11, $9, and $5.

I have noticed this as well. I bought myself some pajamas in one Walmart. I liked them and decided I wanted some for my daughters and one in my suitcase, which always has basics packed in it. I went into another Walmart and the pajama were twice as much as I paid the day before in a different Walmart.

Who doesn't love a good deal? I have been keeping my eyes open because I find that January and February are great times of the year to get great bargains, especially at brick and mortar stores! This is the time of year I really stock up on gifts for Birthdays or other occasions for pennies on the dollar.

Yesterday I was in Walmart and they have lots of clothing on clearance along with lots of clearance items in every department. Of coarse, every store is different. I have gone to 3 different Walmarts this month and only 1 of the 3 has what I would consider excellent deals. The same jacket in each WM was $11, $9, and $5. I have already bought DH 6 zippered and hooded jackets for $5 each. He wears them everyday and often rips them or gets fuel, grease, or other nasty stuff on them. They are truly a pain to wash, so for $5 each he can wear them for a while and ditch them if need be without guilt. I also picked up some socks, shirts, and undies at a good bargain.

I have also found some various deals at other stores that are clearance deals and not advertised. It's likely worth a wander through your favorite stores right now to see what they might have on clearance.

If anyone finds anything else online or otherwise, please post here and let us know!

I would get soot and diesel oil on my clothes on a daily basis. I put Dawn on all the spots before they got tossed into the laundry basket. By the time they got washed the dish soap had done it job. If you don't have Dawn, Joy works well also as they both cut oil.

Last edited:
At our local Woolworths this week they have frozen Steggles family roast chickens at $3.50 per kilo @Tank-Girl and we purchased 3 to top up our freezer with. They are usually $4.50kg here and this is our preferred brand as they are far larger chickens than most other brands.

Thank you for the heads up!

That is a 12000 mAh charger. That is 12 Ah charger!

Our local Albertson had: coupons for $5 off meat (I bought a good steak for $5.19), $5.00 off produce (I bought 5 heads of romaine for the ducks at $1 ea), and $5 off sushi (I bought a pack of California rolls for grandson's lunch tomorrow at $5.29. Canned veg was 2/$1.00. Coupon for a free gravy mix (for mom) and a free donut for me.

i bought 4 large cans of maxwell house coffee for 4.99 each. that's all they had or i would have gotten more.
where?

I bought some Meijer brand coffee at Meijers yesterday at the sale price of $4.99. I also had a coupon for it. What I don't like is that they shrunk the size of the large container to 30.5 ounces when it used to be 34.:mad: They've done the "repackaging" ploy on a lot of their products recently which is one reason why I rarely go there anymore. Even things like tampons are being reduced from 40, to 36 and now 34 per box at the same price as before. I hardly ever see a 16 oz package of bacon. They've reduced those to 12 oz, so they can keep the old price. Toilet paper is also shrinking in width, length, and thickness. Meijers lite string cheese is now .8 oz per string instead of 1 oz. However, I see the regular kind is still 1 oz......so apparently the reason the lite is lite is because they reduced the size.:rolleyes:

I wish they would stop reducing the package sizing. Sometimes it really messes with my recipes b/c even a can of sauce is not what it used to be.

I still play the coupon game, but I wish the packagers would just be more honest and increase the prices instead of reducing the size.

where?

I bought some Meijer brand coffee at Meijers yesterday at the sale price of $4.99. I also had a coupon for it. What I don't like is that they shrunk the size of the large container to 30.5 ounces when it used to be 34.:mad: They've done the "repackaging" ploy on a lot of their products recently which is one reason why I rarely go there anymore. Even things like tampons are being reduced from 40, to 36 and now 34 per box at the same price as before. I hardly ever see a 16 oz package of bacon. They've reduced those to 12 oz, so they can keep the old price. Toilet paper is also shrinking in width, length, and thickness. Meijers lite string cheese is now .8 oz per string instead of 1 oz. However, I see the regular kind is still 1 oz......so apparently the reason the lite is lite is because they reduced the size.:rolleyes:

I wish they would stop reducing the package sizing. Sometimes it really messes with my recipes b/c even a can of sauce is not what it used to be.

I still play the coupon game, but I wish the packagers would just be more honest and increase the prices instead of reducing the size.
our local food giant. it was a wednesday special only.

Amazon returns for sale, Lebanon Liquidation in Lebanon TN, 10-6 everyday until every thing's gone.

Gimme A $5 store is now open at 1152 Gallatin Pike SOUTH, Madison, TN 37115.

Two Saturday's ago I bought ladies jeans at DG for fifty cents a pair in Bowling Green, KY.

I sold two new rolls of barb wire for $10 a roll on Craigslist a few weeks ago, they sold within a hour.

@angie_nrs happening here in Australia with all our products too. I object to toilet paper sheets getting smaller particularly :D as well as the roll sizes too. The other brands that do the get the magnifying glass out to see our packet trick I find another brand to replace them so with me they loose a customer totally. If enough people vote with your wallets they might realise they have done something wrong.

For those of you who like to have a bunch of charcoal on hand, here's a good deal.:

Kingsford 2pk of 18.6# bags of charcoal for $9.99 at Meijers

I usually find the same or better deal at Walmart this time of year too. I haven't seen their Memorial Day flyer out yet, so I'm not sure what kind of deals they will have for Memorial Day. I know they usually run good deals on blueberries, corn, soda, beer, paper products, and all that other "summer" stuff. I always buy all my charcoal for the entire year during the Memorial Day sales b/c that's when it's always the cheapest. I'm probably gonna get some stares tomorrow.o_O We grill all year round.

Honeyville site-wide 20% off sale June 18 - June 22nd. They don't have the 20% off sales very often so this is when I buy my Honeyville products. I really like their $4.99 flat rate shipping regardless of how much you buy.

By now all of you should know when I make the letters blue and underline them it's a hot link to the web page.

local food giant grocery store has the large can of maxwell house coffee for 3.99 tomorrow only. gonna get several , cause hubby bought coffee pot for his office at work. will also check on parents ,goodwill, and dollar tree while we are in town.

Just made my shopping lists using the flyers. Most will go in the freezer. Whole pineapples are 99 cents. Hotdogs are 88 cents a pkg with 8 coupons for 25 cents off each pkg (the kids will eat them), chicken quarters are $5 for a 10 lb bag, Wheat thins, Ritz are $1.88 a box, and I have 8 coupons for $1 off two boxes. Strawberry prices are good....$1.29 for a two lb container. I have a $3.00 off coupon to use on whatever, too.

I don't remember seeing a thread for this here. If I am wrong, admins, please delete this and comment on the original one so that it comes up, or merge this into the other one.

EDITED: This ad is good for the week of September 5 through September 11.

Safeway!
80% lean ground beef (not the best, but many must eat it) $1.99 pound
Signature Kitchen SELECT Peanut Butter or Grape Jelly or Jam $.99 each when you buy 12, limit 24
Kuner's Vegetables, tomatoes or beans $.33 each when you buy 12, limit 24

Last edited:
Back