Post your ramen noodle recipes here! :)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have dozens of them.

2 packages beef ramen, drain and lightly sear in garlic butter with 1 can of the small sized each
of veg-all and mushroom chunks and 1/4 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
add the flavor packs and stir well.
1/2 of a can of corned beef. crush and mix well.

Serves three.

Japanese street style beef bowl.

2 packages of drained noodles.
1/2 pound of cooked and crumbled hamburger.
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper.
1 tablespoon minced onion.
1 carrot shredded with a vegetable peeler or cheese grater.
add the beef flavor packs.
decorate with dried seaweed snacks.

egg drop soup.

in 3 cups of boiling chicken broth, cook two packages of chicken flavor ramen,
add the chicken flavoring.
a big pinch of poultry seasoning
a big pinch of black pepper.
1 serving sized can of chicken meat+ the broth.
blend two to three eggs in a bowl and dribble into the boiling broth.
add 1/4 cup of a mix of diced celery and shredded carrots. reduce to simmer for one minute, cover and let stand five minutes.

Mommy hates me. ( forgot why I named it this.)

Two packs of beef ramen, drained and seasoned.
1 small can of beef Ragu. spaghetti sauce.
1 cup of cooked and shredded hamburger.
1 small can of mushroom chunks.
Simmer five minutes and add shredded parmesian cheese to the top and serve with grilled garlic toast.

Breakfast ramen.

In a small pan place 1 package of ramen with the water half way to the top of the noodle cake,
crack an egg on top of the noodles. boil five minutes covered.
add butter, salt and pepper. maybe some bacon bits.

I got worms. its a gag recipe for Halloween or just "unique" kids [Think Calvin and Hobbes!)

Make chocolate pudding the way you usually do, but add a bit more coca or Nestle's quick.
crush and boil a pack of unflavored ramen.
add in two or three large spoonfuls of cherry pie filling and mix with the pudding.
serve in a paper cup wrapped in toilet paper and garnished with candy corn. (Yes, it does look like poop! thats the idea!)

More to come, I got stuff to do. :)

yup. but that counts, simple as adding a can of mushroom soup. :)

Brown some uncooked ramen in an oven and use it for croutons in soup.

1 package Chicken flavored Ramen Noodles - Add a few ounces of water and Microwave for two minutes

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

1 can Chicken

Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken and microwave two more minutes.

Feel free to add any veggies you want, or not. Quick, easy, cheap, and tastes O.K.

I simply through in a bit of meat such as caribou or salmon. If I don't have that, whatever meat is left over. Left over veggies also go well. Also, tabasco or Louisiana hot sauce for sure.

But @Magus, you have some nice receipts to try! Thanks for making my mouth water!

Simple one. thaw out a bag of stir fry vegetables in real butter.
lightly brown 2 or 3 packages of unflavored ramen in the same grease, add the beef or chicken flavor while doing this.
put down a bed of noodles, cover in veggies and lay out some beef or chicken strips on top with a bit of soy sauce with a side
of sweet and sour dip and egg-rolls.

Cheeseburger ramen. feeds 4

In a pot, cook 4 packages of ramen and drain most of the water.
add the beef flavor+ 1/4 pound of cooked and crumbled hamburger+ Velveeta serve with a simple lettuce and tomato salad. pickle relish?

Might as well add this:
My super tangy sweet and sour sauce.
1 part sweet and sour sauce
1 part cocktail sauce
1/8 cup of Texas Pete hot sauce.
tiny splash of ketchup.
a generous splash of soy sauce. Killer on deep fried potatoes and egg rolls.

Ramen salad.
Brown some uncooked ramen in your oven, lightly spray with Worcester sauce and dry a bit more.
salad croutons!

Simple stuffing.
Boil several packs of ramen in chicken broth and drain.
add 1 cup of celery
1/4 cup of onion.
1 shredded carrot
1 can of crushed water chestnuts, mix in your flavor pouches.
stuff that chicken full and use the leftover broth to baste. :)

Ramen-bean salad
2 packs of drained beef flavor ramen.
1 can of pinto beans.
1 package of Lipton onion soup.
1/2 cup of Italian salad dressing.
a small splash of white vinegar.
chill over night, serves three.

Two packs, add hot water & let sit until soft then eat.

I used to have a wide mouth thermos. I'd break up a Ramen package, then add various cooked meats, diced onions, etc. Top it off with boiling water and I'd have a warm lunch at work.

I always have Ramen noodles around. When I get takeout Chinese food I always order extra BBQ pork and add it.
I boil water, add sesame oil, the pork and eat.
If I could find fish cake locally I would add it but the only ethnic food around here is Mexican.
61hADmnYD8L._SL1200_.jpg

They make a great noodle bed for shrimp scampi. ;)

I get the scampi from the frozen section, cook up the noodles, cook up the scampi. Lay the noodles out on your plate and pour that shrimpie garlicie goodness right on top.

I didn't realize there was a market for Ramen Noodles outside of college dorm rooms. I guess if I was starving I could eat them again. It would be a tough choice between them and the Spaghetti-O's.
I'm with you. I have seen college students with so much ramen, ready for college life. Maybe cheaper than cafeteria plans. I wonder how many college students have their own dorm fridge, microwave, etc. If I was back in a dorm, paying my own way, I would probably have it as a regular meal. We had a kitchen on each dorm floor. Now days, I would do what I do now, make up pots of soup, freeze in serving sizes, and have healthier food and more varieties.

Last edited:
Two packs + one half pack of the flavoring +Hot water, stir until soft=eat.
Never used a whole flavor pack after the first time, to much salt.
I never added to the noodles, but one could add any lift over from the frig.

I always have Ramen noodles around. When I get takeout Chinese food I always order extra BBQ pork and add it.
I boil water, add sesame oil, the pork and eat.
If I could find fish cake locally I would add it but the only ethnic food around here is Mexican.
61hADmnYD8L._SL1200_.jpg
Kroger has a fake crab meat that is pretty close!

In the past I've used ramen as a soup, and always added meat, veggies, maybe some raw spinach or salad greens to the bottom of the bowl (hot soup cooks it), and topped with boiled egg. All to dress it up for a meal.

Also would add the cooked & drained ramen to a stir fry adding the seasoning packet to the whole thing.

Now I substitute the ramen, with either udon noodles or stir fry noodles, But I always keep a few cases of the ramen on hand, just in case

I need to buy more ramen noodles. :)

This recipe could be made with ramen, but it is more gourmet. Marion lives in Australia, and if you watch long enough, you can see that she is a professional. She has a camera man. Her mother is full Thai and a chef, and Marion is also a chef. I would have to do some driving and shopping to find the ingredients for this recipe, but it is doable.

Latest posts

Back