Post your ramen noodle recipes here! :)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine how I had never heard of them before. I even did most of the grocery shopping during my first marriage. (15 years)?????
You are not the only person who didn't know about them. I know someone who didn't, and said person always called them Roman noodles. Before 1996, I had students bring them to school for snacks. There was a thing of eating the seasoning packet by itself then. I tried to not allow that, but yuck!

I had never heard of
Ramen until Y2K. I count myself fortunate.
Never eat them as a child, but as an adult, shopping for my self I ate them.
They were easy quick & good, if you did not use a whole flavor pack, too much salt.

Easy to get over, crush them. it looks like mini macaroni.
I crush them dry & then put them in hot water & eat them with a spoon.

https://www.castlepinesconnection.com/the-recipe-exchange/Doctored Ramen
You can poach the egg right in the ramen broth. If that seems too complicated, you can hard boil or scramble an egg separately and add it to the finished product.

1 package ramen noodles (any flavor)
1 slice American cheese
¼ cup chopped spinach
2-3 chopped mini bell peppers, any color
2 tablespoons chopped, roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 egg

Cook the ramen according to package directions, then remove from heat and add the included flavor packet. Carefully crack the egg into the broth and gently cover it with the ramen noodles and then cover the pot and allow to stand for three minutes to allow the egg to poach. Slide the whole mixture into a shallow bowl and serve immediately, topped with spinach, peppers, peanuts, green onion and cheese. Stir the mixture gently to wilt the vegetables and melt the cheese before diving in.

https://www.callmepmc.com/panda-express-chow-mein-copycat-recipe/Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat Recipe

Panda Express Chow Mein is my Copycat recipe. It's amazingly easy and quick. Plus, you can add whatever vegetables you have or enjoy.

Coursedinner, entree: lunch
CuisineAmerican, Asian
KeywordAsian, casserole, chow mein, pasta

Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes

Servings 4 servings
Calories 126kcal
Author Paula
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ginger fresh, grated
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 (3-ounce packs) ramen noodles discard seasoning pack
  • 2 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1/2 cup onion diced
  • 2 cups cabbage shredded
  • sliced green onion and chopped peanuts for garnish
Instructions
  • In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, ginger, and pepper.
  • Cook ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
  • Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cabbage. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
  • Add noodles and soy sauce mixture and stir until noodles are coated with sauce. Rest for about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Notes
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Nutrition
Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1087mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.8mg

Making this right now!
2 slices of calf liver
a layer of onions, mushrooms, and bell pepper with the noodles steamed on top and sprinkled with the flavor pack.

Coconut Curry Ramen:

For one person, I use one pkg of ramen noodles. Any flavor works, but I prefer the creamy chicken flavor.

Cook the noodles as the pkg directs. I use a little less water than called for.
When the noodles are cooked to your liking, add:

Flavor packet
1/2 tsp of oriental curry powder
1650051222710.png

2 tsp coconut cream powder

Mix well, and enjoy!

I've also added in cooked, shredded cabbage, other vegetables, and diced chicken.

Last edited:
Hey, speaking of adding Zuma, I like to shred carrots with a vegetable peeler, peppers too for stir fried cabbage.
A pile of stir fry on a pile of noodles sounds pretty good!

Hey, speaking of adding Zuma, I like to shred carrots with a vegetable peeler, peppers too for stir fried cabbage.
A pile of stir fry on a pile of noodles sounds pretty good!
A number of years ago, someone gave me a potato soup recipe (posted in soup thread) and it called for shredded carrots. I had always chopped carrots into coins previously, but now I prefer shredded carrots. They cook up better, imho.

I saw this video and thought I'd share it here as well as in the soup thread. It calls for a specific brand and type of ramen, but I would use any that I had. There is a video on the page showing Ashley (from tiny shiny home) making the recipe.

https://products.tinyshinyhome.com/community/public/posts/102230-thai-chicken-ramen-soup-recipeThai Chicken Ramen! This is from Day 1 of the Chicken Garden :)

Ingredients
  • 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced then diced into 1 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1 cup matchstick carrots
  • 4 green onions , divided, sliced
  • 1 Tbsp Thai green curry paste
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 (14 oz.) can can light coconut milk
  • 1 Tbsp fish sauce
  • 2 (3.53 oz) pkgs. Nissin RAOH Umami Tonkotsu Flavor (ramen)
  • 10 oz cooked chicken breast , shredded (from 1 lb raw, once cooked it reduces to 10 oz)
  • 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro , divided
  • 1/3 cup Unsalted peanuts, chopped (optional)
  • 1 tsp Sesame seeds (optional)
Instructions
  • Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, carrots and 3 of the green onions, saute 1 minute.
  • Add Thai green curry paste and saute 1 minute longer. Stir in water and coconut milk and fish sauce and bring mixture to a boil.
  • Add in ramen, cover pot and boil 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Meanwhile add seasoning packets from ramen to a bowl.
  • Ladle out 1 cup of the water mixture from soup and stir into seasonings in bowl then return to pot.
  • Stir in shredded chicken lime juice and 1/4 cup of the cilantro.
  • Divide among 4 bowls then top with more cilantro, remaining green onion, peanuts and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
*This recipe is from Cooking Classy

I am house sitting an one of the things I do sometimes is check out the cookbooks. At this house, there is a cookbook called "Crockpot 5 Ingredients or Less! Dump Meals by Cathy Mitchell. I've seen Cathy Mitchell on commercials before, but never knew anything about her. She has a cook book "Ramen Noodle Recipes." I imagine that there are a few ramen noodle cookbooks around.

https://www.amazon.com/Noodle-Recip..._1_1?keywords=ramen+joy&qid=1658858508&sr=8-1

Ramen in pyrex with enough water to cover, add finely chopped onion and peppers. Cook to desired doneness let sit 1 minute. Stir in flavor packet. Add Kraft(or store brand) cheese slice stir to combine. Hot sauce to taste. I usually use chicken or beef ramen.

On the Ramen poster, I saw something called a Ramen bun. Remember that if you want a bun, don't have one, but have ramen!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/234111/ramen-burger/

Ramen Burger​

Instant ramen becomes a nearly-instant burger bun in this fun, and tasty, spin on a traditional hamburger seasoned with soy sauce and sesame oil.
Recipe by helloooangie

Ingredients​

• 2 (3 ounce) packages instant ramen noodles, flavor packet discarded
  • 2 large eggs
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • ¾ pound lean ground beef
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
  • 3 slices American cheese
  • ¼ cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha)
  • 1 ½ cups arugula
  • 3 large eggs

Directions​

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil; add ramen noodles. Boil, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Allow noodles to cool slightly.

2. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir noodles into eggs until evenly coated. Divide noodles into 6 burger-size ramekins or bowls. Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly over noodles and stack another bowl on top to flatten noodles. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.

3. Mix beef, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl. Divide beef mixture into three equal portions and shape into patties.

4. Heat about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Invert each ramen bowl, gently tapping the bottom of the bowl until ramen loosens, careful to maintain bun shape.

5. Fry each ramen bun, without moving noodles, in hot oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip each bun and continue frying until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes more. Ramen bun should be crispy on one side and slightly softer on the other. Transfer buns to large plate with the crispy side up.

6. Heat about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the same skillet used to fry ramen over medium heat. Cook beef patties until burgers are lightly pink in the center, 3 to 5 minute per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Arrange a slice of American cheese over each burger and continue to cook until melted, about 1 minute more.

7. Mix ketchup and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl; spread mixture over the crispy side of each ramen bun. Divide arugula over 3 ramen buns. Place burgers over arugula.

8. Heat about 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat; fry remaining eggs one at a time, adding more oil as needed, until yolk is almost firm, about 1 minutes per side. Place egg over patty and top with remaining bun.

Cook's Note:​

Place a can of soup into the stacked ramen bowls to weigh the bowls down.

Instead of salt and pepper, you can add just one of the ramen seasoning packets to the cooked noodles for even more flavor.

Nutrition Facts​

calories742
total fat 56g
saturated fat 19g
cholesterol 417mg
sodium 1816mg
total carbohydrate 13g
dietary fiber 1g
total sugars 6g
protein 46g
vitamin c 6mg
calcium 234mg
iron 2mg
potassium 304mg

I have made this several times. My wife even asked me to make it for a neighborhood party. We like it.

Latest posts

Back