Prayer request

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please pray for my wife AFib trouble and unspoken for one of my son's and his wife. Thanks in advance
You got it TG.

For all of us there is this song by a folk group, I will see if I can find it and link it here rather than in music. There is a line "for all us left in want of mercy, take us home." Sounds odd, but it's somehow comforting to me - maybe it will be for some of you too.

Prayers for all, and thanks for the support.

@LadyLocust any news?
Just heard from my aunt- will paste msg:
He's still in hospital doing about the same. Apparently covid and pneumonia did damage to his lungs. Now with clots can't get him off oxygen but are still working on it. I just keep praying.

i don’t have the heart to ask if he had remdesivir/veklury the “lets just kill ‘em” drug. My aunt is already beyond worried.

Just heard from my aunt- will paste msg:
He's still in hospital doing about the same. Apparently covid and pneumonia did damage to his lungs. Now with clots can't get him off oxygen but are still working on it. I just keep praying.

i don’t have the heart to ask if he had remdesivir/veklury the “lets just kill ‘em” drug. My aunt is already beyond worried.
Sorry to hear this @LadyLocust
Are they able to extract the clots manually- a thrombectomy- done in interventional radiology. If they are in a good spot, more central they can usually do this, but if more peripheral they can’t
Also depends on if he is at a larger or smaller center- and a lot of the big centers are full again. ☹️
feel free to pm me if you have questions about it.

Sorry to hear this @LadyLocust
Are they able to extract the clots manually- a thrombectomy- done in interventional radiology. If they are in a good spot, more central they can usually do this, but if more peripheral they can’t
Also depends on if he is at a larger or smaller center- and a lot of the big centers are full again. ☹
feel free to pm me if you have questions about it.
Thank you. I'm actually not close to him so don't know the answers to those questions. I am close to my aunt though. I should apologize for sounding bitter. I am actually a bit disgusted with people not taking care of themselves (which I'm sure he doesn't) and with the state of things with our medical system. I don't mean the people but the system as a whole. I think it's one of those things: it doesn't matter who you are. Someone cares about you and more folks care about that person so the chain of care goes beyond one's self.

Thank you. I'm actually not close to him so don't know the answers to those questions. I am close to my aunt though. I should apologize for sounding bitter. I am actually a bit disgusted with people not taking care of themselves (which I'm sure he doesn't) and with the state of things with our medical system. I don't mean the people but the system as a whole. I think it's one of those things: it doesn't matter who you are. Someone cares about you and more folks care about that person so the chain of care goes beyond one's self.
It’s ok. Trust me I totally get it.
I didn’t think you sounded bitter. But you’re right, goes beyond one’s self and a lot of people don’t get that.

I have an update on my Uncle.
I saw him yesterday and he has a catheter in and he is very weak.
He had swelling in his leg and would up in the hospital for a few days. They drained 2.5 liters of fluid from him.
It seems he now has kidney failure.
I'm not 100% sure how bad it is but he has an appointment to go into the hospital on Tuesday for a 2 day stay.
I asked him what the hospital stay was about and him or my Aunt neither one has any idea.
I'm hoping their oldest son knows what's going on because they have NO clue.
He has gone from healthy to almost bed ridden in a very short time.
All this started just 2 days after his booster shot. That could just be a coincidence but I don't believe that.

He had swelling in his leg and would up in the hospital for a few days. They drained 2.5 liters of fluid from him.
I'm not 100% sure how bad it is but he has an appointment to go into the hospital on Tuesday for a 2 day stay.
I asked him what the hospital stay was about and him or my Aunt neither one has any idea.
All this started just 2 days after his booster shot. That could just be a coincidence but I don't believe that.
Prayers B.

I'm sorry backlash. Sending prayers up for your uncle.

I will be praying too. . . @backlash. I am sorry your family is going thru this. Sad situation. I dont believe in the coincidences either and honestly feel like it could have been the jab, especially since it was only 2 days after his booster?? I don't trust the jab. . . I know there are many who disagree with me. That is ok. They get to decide what they want to inject in their bodies just like I refuse to take the experimental jab. It's all about choice, or at lest it should be. I really don't think ALL the INFORMATION was made public when the government and doctors started with the jabs and many, especially the older generations were made to think that by getting the jab would make them "safe". Far from the truth! This has been proven to not be true at all. My Mom and her husband were both conned into taking the jab. It is Russian Roulette.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that, backlash. Thoughts and prayers inbound for you and your uncle.

My sister has had difficult health issues for the past 25 years, she’s had times where we didn’t know if she’d pull through due to infection and internal bleeding. Too many complications to go into.
Tomorrow is surgery for 3 things. She is worried. She’s been in the hospital many times. Prayers are appreciated.
@phideaux praying for your friend, his family and your family. That has got to be one of the worst things, losing two.
@Bacpacker prayers
@Caribou praying for Meghan.
@backlash your uncle and family.
My sister has stage 4 kidney disease, Crohn’s disease, genetic blood condition, can barely walk, pain 24/7. Medications have created other ongoing problems.

Back