Prayers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would help a little ,
She seems to enjoy pain...when it ain't hers.
I gotta do what she says, or I believe she would and could whoop the S*** outta me..

Jim
They got them new parts put in. Get them broke-in and get back out there 'cane-free':green man:
From the people I have talked to, if you get them broke in good, they work great from now on.

I should be fine for a few years. Knees are the only good joints I have:rolleyes:.
Will probably have to get replacement shoulder joints first.
Seems I pulled a wrench a few million times too manyo_O.

I am late in finding this thread. Two of my friends - one's that I've been able to hang out with in person - are on the mend. I didn't know.

Mule - I guess it was 3 years ago that I met you (at Phideaux's). I didn't realize you were in pain back then, you certainly didn't show it. I am glad to hear you got fixed up and are on the mend. Sounds like you're in for a major improvement in life. That's great!

Phideaux - OK, I did hear about your new knee #1 in another thread. But you mentioned new fingers?! They can do that???!!! I had no idea. Boy, when I make it back to Kentucky I won't recognize you. What, with the new fingers and that beard. When you go jogging past me with those new knees, tap me on the shoulder and say, "Yea, it's me!"

The surgery and rehab probably aren't high on your "fun" list, but it's great to hear that things are getting fixed and you're getting better. It's also good to know that they still stock replacement parts for the older models.

Dave, I tried to hold together for them big get together shoots at my place as long as I could, but this old body just fell apart. Even the wife had 2 back surgeries that first year that we canceled.

Been thinking a lot lately about , how these new knees may give me a jump start on my physical condition. If it turns out good, I'll know by the end of this year, maybe we have enough shooters and gun nuts here to try it again.. Of course only if my right hand man is up to it..
Sure do miss getting together with a bunch of guys and gals and burning a bunch a gunpowder. I have acquired a few new toys for folks to shoot also.
Always loved sending everybody home with bruised shoulders for memories sake .

Jim

They got them new parts put in. Get them broke-in and get back out there 'cane-free':green man:
From the people I have talked to, if you get them broke in good, they work great from now on.

I should be fine for a few years. Knees are the only good joints I have:rolleyes:.
Will probably have to get replacement shoulder joints first.
Seems I pulled a wrench a few million times too manyo_O.

Hey buddy, I'm 3 1/2 weeks outta surgery and walking cane free every where I go. Went to Coppertop last night for your favorite , fish, .:D
I think I'm breaking it in right. Still little stiff and sore , but I'm happy.
Oct 14 next one gets put in.
Sure would like to spend some time with you , now that your Re-tired.

Don't let the shoulders go too long..

BTW, save some tannerite.

Jim

If it turns out good, I'll know by the end of this year, maybe we have enough shooters and gun nuts here to try it again.. Of course only if my right hand man is up to it..
Sure do miss getting together with a bunch of guys and gals and burning a bunch a gunpowder. I have acquired a few new toys for folks to shoot also.
Always loved sending everybody home with bruised shoulders for memories sake ...

Don't let the shoulders go too long..
BTW, save some tannerite.
Jim
I'll get more Tannerite before I run low.
And for those that are wondering what we're talking about. It looks like this:
IMG_2180.JPG

Tannerite_e.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2238_e.JPG

IMG_2200_c.JPG
Good times.

FYI, there are four active HCL forum members (maybe more that I don't know are on HCL yet!) in the pics above: Phideaux, Supervisor42, Mulescj8 and Haertig. Dang, I miss seeing you guys regularly!
Fundy (Bill) was on TF some and is registered here. I'll have to harass him if he got scraped off in the merge. He's in the pic.
We shouldn't hijack the "Prayers" thread though:rolleyes:.
We DO however, need to motivate Jim to do his PT.
go crazy.gif

@phideaux and @mulescj8 good to hear you are both on the mend and both walking a lot better without aides.

@MoBookworm1957 no I won't join you with a shoulder reconstuct for a rotor cup surgery although I do have a shoulder problem in the same shoulder, but will cheer you on for a quick recovery when the time comes for surgery.
Have to have left shoulder done. I'm left handed. Orthopedic surgeon wants to move it up to October. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back