Preparations for serious "International WAR".........???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I have been thinking and planning for the possibility of "Hot" war that involves Alaska and America. I have been thinking about this for months, and in all that time, I never remembered the very rural farm my mother purchased in 1966 or maybe 67'. It was built by a wealthy steel and foundry company owner from Buffalo, New York in 1937-1938.

He had built and installed (3) Three ten thousand gallon steel fuel tanks and had them buried near the barn-shop building he had built. When my mother purchased the property some twenty years after the end of WW-II there was still near 30,000 gallons of gasoline in those tanks. The house he had built to ride out the coming war was well planned.

Strange I had not recently remembered this property. When you study WW-II one of the most interesting things, is how many people could vividly see it coming, and got the "hell' out of Europe. If you ever find a TV series called. "Foley's War" cheap at a garage sale, it is educational.

Foley's War - Bing
Foyle's War (TV Series 2002–2015) - IMDb

It is boring to watch, compared to current shoot'em up explosive action series. It has a recurring plot about his dealing with the ten's of thousands of "wealthy" Europeans who rode out the war in England's very rural countryside.

Last edited:
Great series.

Yes.....I loved it. But it is "Slow". It is black and white, it set like an old time detective type movie. But it is "educational". If I was a high school history teacher, this series would be a large part.

Thanks. Just ordered it.
The guy in Buffalo wasn’t the only one who did that. In another place in NY, when it was time to transfer the property less than 10 years ago, one tank ‘disappeared’. One that couldn’t disappear was drained of the fuel oil which was still good as it had no additives. The fuel was placed there in the early ‘70s.
Many unique things, too, around the place. The pit, a hand dug area beneath the motor home where one could walk to do repairs, was covered with removable beams and had a large underground block room off to the side. No one really knew it was there. Most projects were quietly built, by hand, after work on quiet days when there weren’t lots of eyes around.
Boy, I miss that guy.

I have been thinking and planning for the possibility of "Hot" war that involves Alaska and America. I have been thinking about this for months, and in all that time, I never remembered the very rural farm my mother purchased in 1966 or maybe 67'. It was built by a wealthy steel and foundry company owner from Buffalo, New York in 1937-1938.

He had built and installed (3) Three ten thousand gallon steel fuel tanks and had them buried near the barn-shop building he had built. When my mother purchased the property some twenty years after the end of WW-II there was still near 30,000 gallons of gasoline in those tanks. The house he had built to ride out the coming war was well planned.

Strange I had not recently remembered this property. When you study WW-II one of the most interesting things, is how many people could vividly see it coming, and got the "hell' out of Europe. If you ever find a TV series called. "Foley's War" cheap at a garage sale, it is educational.

Foley's War - Bing
Foyle's War (TV Series 2002–2015) - IMDb

It is boring to watch, compared to current shoot'em up explosive action series. It has a recurring plot about his dealing with the ten's of thousands of "wealthy" Europeans who rode out the war in England's very rural countryside.
If there is an 'international war' in the US, it will be a 'push-button' war.
Unlike the old days, there won't be millions of invading troops landing on the beaches and troops in tanks crawling all over the country. Today that is practically impossible due to logistics.
A nuclear exchange is certainly far more likely to occur, (hence the creation of The Space Force).
Walk outside of your house right now and say: "this is exactly what a lethal radiation level feels like".
You can't feel it, or see it, or smell it, or taste it, or hear it.
The big question is, can you measure it after all communication goes dark, and tell when it is safe again?
This will be most important when all the other people are wandering around saying: "what just happened?". Most will die without even a single shot being fired.
Think about what you need to do to not be one of them.
The rest of it (surviving afterward) has been covered in great detail on this forum.

Great post Sourdough! I think we are already deep into this war, and most do not recognize that we are in are already in this war. People don't think they we are in a war as they think war has to be fought by soldiers or irregulars on some field of battle. We are seeing active warfare against the US and western culture on political, financial, social, information, corporate and other non-traditional fronts. The opening battle have not been good for the US.

We could lose our country on this new battlefield before most Americans are even aware that we are in a fight.

The property my mother bought was near Attica, New York. I was at RIT at the time so only visited on weekends. Nice looking farm country in that area. Be interesting if anyone on this forum lives near there. I was born just after the end of WW-II and there was still rationing and shortage of many things well into the 1950's.

I think the reason that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, was that we had blockaded the harbors of Japan to prevent their import of oil. Their total Industrial structure was in death's hold with no oil. Japan has zero natural oil resources.

Think what America would do if China refused to ship 90% of the medications required to keep many Americans alive.

Think what America would do if China refused to ship 90% of the medications required to keep many Americans alive.
Similar is already happening.
You heard any mention of a "chip shortage" lately?
GM and Ford having to shut down manufacturing in many plants?
Guess where almost all 'chips' come from? Anyone?
waveguy.gif

We shipped all the manufacturing of those overseas to China years ago, to save money.
How many cars can you sell that are only missing one critical part? Zero.
Guess when the extortion will start? Um, February 2021? Yep.
General Motors and Ford said Thursday they will temporarily idle more North American factories over a shortage of semiconductors, as the months-long supply pinch continues to hammer a range of automakers.
GM will halt production lines in Spring Hill, Tenn.; Delta Township, Mich.; and Ramos Arizpe, Mexico; for one to two weeks, the company said in a statement. It is also extending shutdowns that began in February and March at factories in Lansing, Mich.; Kansas City, Kan.; and Ingersoll, Ontario.
Ford said it will idle production lines next week in Chicago; Kansas City, Mo.; and Flat Rock, Michigan, and will cut production in Avon Lake, Ohio.

Last edited:
I think the reason that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, was that we had blockaded the harbors of Japan to prevent their import of oil. Their total Industrial structure was in death's hold with no oil. Japan has zero natural oil resources.

Yep.

A lot of people in the West hear that someone slapped some sanctions on someone else........and think that means nothing "because sanctions never work".

But any student of history knows that sometimes sanctions do nothing....sometimes they work moderately well.......and sometimes they work so well that they start wars.

...A nuclear exchange is certainly far more likely to occur, (hence the creation of The Space Force)....

Nuclear exchange I believe will be the second (and last) option.

First option will be to "hack" the enemy and take down their technology. No world wide radiation, neat and clean.

Latest posts

Back