Preparations Update

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope tomorrow (the eclipse) is a big nothingburger. But, I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB use the day for a FF event. There's rumblings that some think it would be an opportune time for 'them' to use HARP to create some chaos.....as if this world isn't chaotic enough right now.:( There's also rumblings that it may usher in Jesus himself in the clouds. I guess we shall see soon enough.

I don't really think it's going to be much different than any other day, but I've gassed up the vehicles, filled the frig, and did a bunch of chores that require electicity (vacuuming, laundry, dishes, etc.) in case of a power outage secondary to a FF event. If nothing happens, then I have my chores done and I can relax.:)
I don’t know what an “FF” event is.

I now have a 30 lb case of butter. That’s a good thing 😊
Me too and 32 5-9oz filets(with 10 lbs more fresh in bags to trim and freeze!) , 18 big NY strips, and 57 cubic feet of stuffed deep freezers. Why do I know how many filets you may ask? Well apparently our July 2022 Anti Covid Family "CHEAP SURF AND TURF" party with 27 folks attending was a hit.
Everyone brought something wonderful and we supplied all booze, wine and filets for all. DH GRILLED EACH ONE! DB caught and fileted and brought a deep frier for the other entree FRIED WALLEYE!!

Did I mention we had to move the party suddenly indoors when the tornado sirens sounded????? No problem everyone fit (but with filet you kinda have to sit down to eat with a steak knife). It was truly wonderful.

So we started to get hints about January they were hoping for a 2nd party... So I have been stocking up.

Me too and 32 5-9oz filets(with 10 lbs more fresh in bags to trim and freeze!) , 18 big NY strips, and 57 cubic feet of stuffed deep freezers. Why do I know how many filets you may ask? Well apparently our July 2022 Anti Covid Family "CHEAP SURF AND TURF" party with 27 folks attending was a hit.
Everyone brought something wonderful and we supplied all booze, wine and filets for all. DH GRILLED EACH ONE! DB caught and fileted and brought a deep frier for the other entree FRIED WALLEYE!!

Did I mention we had to move the party suddenly indoors when the tornado sirens sounded????? No problem everyone fit (but with filet you kinda have to sit down to eat with a steak knife). It was truly wonderful.

So we started to get hints about January they were hoping for a 2nd party... So I have been stocking up.
Sounds delicious. Would you like another long lost cousin 😉😂

I got scraped up cutting brush today. Found 3 issues with my medical supplies, need more gauze pads for starters. Annoyed at myself for letting it happen. Makes me wonder what else i might have over looked.

Its time to go through everything, restock and reorganize. Besides, occasionally I switch my approach to certain medical situations. New knowledge or gear comes along.

I've gone almost completely natural over the last 20yrs. Replaced all my pharms with plants i harvest locally. But I still use alcohol, gauze, bandaids, and a few other consumables. Might as well use them while they are available. (could kick myself for almost running out of gauze.)

Latest posts

Back