Preppers Should Invest in Coffee

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't get it. :dunno: Coffee tastes like something left over after a chemical experiment went horribly wrong. :eek:

Do you really expect us to believe that you choke down all those donuts without coffee?

Do you really expect us to believe that you choke down all those donuts without coffee?

Gross! Why would I poison a delicious puffy power ring with overcooked bean juice run through an unscented dryer sheet!? Blasphemy! The correct beverage for delicious puffy power rings is chocolate milk, white milk or in a pinch water. Coca Cola products are also acceptable.

Coffee is what cops put cigarettes out in.

You know that the fluffy powder rings are the PDs way of assessing the danger at a HAZMAT scene. First and most important is it is rations in case of a protracted incident, Second if the whole HAZMAT scene will not fit inside the fluffy powder ring hole at arms length you are too close, Third , ... and you must be trained while you are checking out the scene thru the hole if the powder blows back on your arm you now know you need to move upwind.

I've heard that coffee is good for preps, but I'll pass. Don't like the stuff, and I don't want to like the stuff. I'm trying to give up caffeine (pop)! lol

I'm working on herbal teas. See, I like the concept of herbal teas - always have. I just don't care for the taste all that much. (I'm a major pop-aholic, change is hard) But when I try new teas I focus on herbs that will grow in my area. That way, once I acquire a taste for a certain herbal tea, I'll be able to grow it. Or so I hope.

A LEO that doesn't like coffee??? :eyeballs: If it wasn't for your love of crazy veggies we could be twins. :p

My department seems to be strictly divided on the issue. The older guys all suck down coffee like it keeps them alive. The younger guys all seem to drink energy drinks or sports drinks but not coffee. And then there are about 5-6 of us who don't seem to drink either coffee or energy drinks. We also seem to be the least stressed out. Hmmmmm? ;D

My department seems to be strictly divided on the issue. The older guys all suck down coffee like it keeps them alive. The younger guys all seem to drink energy drinks or sports drinks but not coffee. And then there are about 5-6 of us who don't seem to drink either coffee or energy drinks. We also seem to be the least stressed out. Hmmmmm? ;D
coffe is an acquired taste that some never get. My two cups a day aren’t going to do much for my stress level unlike the years when I was in banking and drank it by the pot. The guys are know who are energy drink lovers are all serious addicts who seem to drink it to function. Most of them are pretty wired most of the time. Too much coffee is definitely not good for you and I would hate to see the long term effects of too man6 energy drinks.

With coffee, like many things moderation is the key

coffe is an acquired taste that some never get. My two cups a day aren’t going to do much for my stress level unlike the years when I was in banking and drank it by the pot. The guys are know who are energy drink lovers are all serious addicts who seem to drink it to function. Most of them are pretty wired most of the time. Too much coffee is definitely not good for you and I would hate to see the long term effects of too man6 energy drinks.

With coffee, like many things moderation is the key

I tell my boss (who loves coffee) that human blood is probably an acquired taste too, but just like coffee I am not drinking enough of it to start enjoying it. :D

Coffee does have medical benefits. One of these is that it is very similar in effect to some asthma meds and can help relieve some asthmatic distress.

That may be but............

Coffee tastes like something left over after a chemical experiment went horribly wrong. :eek:

:LOL:

Coffee does have medical benefits. One of these is that it is very similar in effect to some asthma meds and can help relieve some asthmatic distress.

I'd rather go without air than drink coffee. When my asthma acts up I drink hot chocolate.

These work for asthma? I'm going to have to remember that! :Thankyou:

The warmth and steam may help but albuterol and caffeine are first cousins. In my youth chocolate would trigger an asthma attack. Today I can eat chocolate but I do try to reduce the carbs so hot chocolate is a rarity and never in the evening as the sugar really messes with my sleep.

The warmth and steam may help but albuterol and caffeine are first cousins.
That does make sense. I was thinking, too, that it depends on what triggers one's asthma, as everyone's is a little different. But it's really helpful hearing what works for others. I (thankfully) haven't had many asthmatic episodes in the past few years, but it's always good to know what might help if I do have one and can't find my albuterol.

There have been some studies stating coffee drinkers can reduce their incidence of dementia and Parkinsons. There's also been conflicting studies on the matter to, so there's that. But that's not why I drink it.....I drink my 2-3 cups per day b/c I like it.:p

The foo foo drinks are not for me....just get me a can of "no name" coffee from the store and throw some in the coffee maker. Done! I'm not a coffee snob, but I don't like McD or BK's coffee....way too strong for me.

The energy drinks contain a ton of sugar no? I'm not sure......never had one and plan to keep it that way.

At least with coffee I can still have my liquid breakfast and not have to worry about spiking my insulin first thing in the morning. Coffee for breakfast!:lil guy:

One of my triggers is cold air. I can't have the vents in a car blowing in my face or I can't breathe at all.
See? Mine's the opposite - I can't take hot air from the heater vents in my face. I'm the last person you want to ride around in a car with during this cold time of year! lol

For those of you who have had a bad experience with the taste of coffee, having the right blend for the local water makes a huge difference. What is the nectar of the gods in one area is like raw sewage in another. Every time we have moved (and that is a lot of times) we have had to experiment to find the right combination. In one area we switched between two blends seasonally because the water source changed.

For example in a number of places we have lived Folgers made a fine brew, but in others the very same can tasted awful.

Bad coffee beats no coffee but I’d rather drink one that tastes good to me

Latest posts

Back