Prepping Flow Chart

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyLocust

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
1706054312446.png

@Hardcalibres Posted this in another thread and I thought it deserved a place all its own to dig in and see what you think.

Thanks LL.......I agree that flow chart probably deserves it's own thread.

Firstly, most people find that chart daunting.....and I get that......but every time I have looked at it in detail, it does a pretty good job of providing a logical framework to what is a lot of information.

It also does a good job of providing both the big picture and being "all things to all people".

It is not perfect......but nothing ever is.

Last edited:
I've never encountered a one-size fits all plan or list. This one is pretty comprehensive and I like how it is broken up into categories.
I will add my critique but merely because I am me. I know others will disagree but that's why it's a good thing - you can be you.
The "energy" arm in light green would be temporary for me. The generators would only need to last until I got my freezers canned up or taken care of. I do not see fire on the chart which admittedly, I could have missed somewhere. Fire is a huge factor for me and over flows into the food, heat/energy, sanitation, etc. I completely acknowledge that communications are a weakness for me. We do have walkie talkies, a CB, and phones while they last :rolleyes: which is probably more than most but would be pitiful in a real situation. Like many others, we are stronger in some areas than in others.
Thanks HC!

I've never encountered a one-size fits all plan or list. This one is pretty comprehensive and I like how it is broken up into categories.
I will add my critique but merely because I am me. I know others will disagree but that's why it's a good thing - you can be you.
The "energy" arm in light green would be temporary for me. The generators would only need to last until I got my freezers canned up or taken care of. I do not see fire on the chart which admittedly, I could have missed somewhere. Fire is a huge factor for me and over flows into the food, heat/energy, sanitation, etc. I completely acknowledge that communications are a weakness for me. We do have walkie talkies, a CB, and phones while they last :rolleyes: which is probably more than most but would be pitiful in a real situation. Like many others, we are stronger in some areas than in others.
Thanks HC!
Yep.

I think that chart conforms to the 80/20 rule.

If you addressed everything in the chart, then you would be about 80% prepared.

The main omissions I have always noticed, is the chart doesn't talk about the importance of location.......or mindset.

It is a good starting point though......and even more long term members of our community, pick up the odd item when looking through it too.

I had poured over that flow chart previously. It covers surviving but does not address THRIVING after TEOTWAWKI.

Ben
I have simple criteria and aspirations for a PAW.

I assess people will get a lot more pleasure from eating when food is scarce.

.....and then of course there is always Zombie Land Rule #32:

Enjoy the little things.

Think I will land this here. This is a list that came from QB0 in reference to taxes. Thought some might find it interesting. Not exactly new info, but always good to review. Also good to know these are the things B1G BR0$ are aware of in regards to preps.

We’ve added the following tax categories related to disaster preparedness:

Portable self- powered light source
Duct tape
Bungee cords & rope
Manual can openers
Fire extinguisher
Power inverters & interverter power cables
Ratchet straps
Smoke detectors
Water storage containers
Portable self-powered radio
Two way radio
Weather band radio
Tarpaulin or other flexible waterproof sheeting
Ground anchor system or tie-down kit
Gas or diesel fuel tank
Cell phone battery
Nonelectric food storage cooler
Portable generator used to provide light or communications or preserve food in the event of a power outage
Portable generator parts and products for repair and maintenance
Storm shutter device - materials and products manufactured, rated, and marketed specifically for the purpose of preventing window damage from storms
Carbon monoxide detector
Reusable ice packs, for example blue ice
Hatchets and axes
Solar powered emergency equipment
Emergency or rescue stairs
Fans – battery or alternatively powered
Emergency candles
Matches
Safety flares
Portable power banks
Cell phone charger
Non-reusable ice packs
Candles
Accessories for Gas Powered Chain Saws including chains, bars, sharpeners and files, wrenches, and repair parts.
Battery charger - hand cranked or solar power
Chain saw carrying case and scabbards
Gas Powered Chain Saws
Power cables for portable generators

I have simple criteria and aspirations for a PAW.

I assess people will get a lot more pleasure from eating when food is scarce.

.....and then of course there is always Zombie Land Rule #32:

Enjoy the little things.
I read the funniest stuff before I put my glasses on. What I read was

I assess people I will get a lot more pleasure from eating when food is scarce.

Latest posts

Back