Presenting the Green Red Wine

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy Farmer

Friend
Neighbor
Hello

Mods please feel free to remove to another category this post. I couldn't find a better one.
Beside that, this is my main homemade medicine...🍷drink buddy

I would like to start saying that my english sucks, but so my portuguese, so don't take it personally.

This post is made from my homemade view.
You have a lot of info online about the green red wine from a professional view.

There are 3 kinds of green wine. The red, the white and the rose (a mix between red and white). I make the 3 but the red is my favorite.

This kinds of wine are ONLY produced in Portugal, specifically in the northeast region, mainly in the Douro River and Minho River region.

Main factors that make this wine so distinct from others:
- Soil (normally very poor soils with low water drainage)
- Weather (hot summers 40ºc and cold Winters 0ºC but the most important is a lot of moist prevailing almost all year around)
- Grape Varieties (i have at least 4 varieties, 2 of them are wild varieties not grafted that produce 50% of my grapes)
- Way of growing the vine (Vertical growing in some cases 5mt high, 1 old vine can produce 50 plus kg)
- Homemade (made in a wine press, in my case a tank with around 3mx3m by 1m high. We step the grapes, no machines used in this process, no chemicals added )

Peculiar wine characteristics:
- Low alcohol content (in my case between 9% and 12% alcohol)
- High carbon gas levels ( which turns the wine very fresh like champagne and kind of spicy to the taste)
- No need maturation period (we make the wine between the end of September and beginning of October. Before November ends we can, and i will, start to drink it)
- Second fermentation in the begin of the Spring, when temperature rise (turns the wine more soft, losing part of the freshness and spicy taste, and i believe a little more alcohol content)

If you want to see my green red wine check this link. Nothing like a good look.

Any questions?

Hope you like it!

Ba Bai!!!

Latest posts

Back