Pressure Canning Green Beans

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmissy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Has anyone ever put greens beans in, not cooked, pour Hot water over And pressure can? My book has to cook the beans for 5 mins first. But I have seen on websites that you can cold pack them, then pressure can. But you know, you cant believe everything you read, lol.

Has anyone ever put greens beans in, not cooked, pour Hot water over And pressure can? My book has to cook the beans for 5 mins first. But I have seen on websites that you can cold pack them, then pressure can. But you know, you cant believe everything you read, lol.
Yep. I do raw packed. Put green beans in jar, add salt (1 tsp/qt.) add hot water, lid and can at pressure for your elevation for 20 min pints or 25 min for qts. Takes longer to bring the canner up to pressure than it does for any of the other steps :)

I raw packed green beans back in the day (when Roo was a baby- 9+ years ago). I haven't had a decent crop of green beans or any good deals at the store to make canning them worth it for us.

Here are the directions I used...

https://www.pickyourown.org/canninggreenbeans.htm

Latest posts

Back