printer hax!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Why spend big bucks on photo stock when gloss sided poster board will work just as good, last longer and is way cheaper? AND can be had at the $ store for a buck.

Why spend big bucks on photo stock when gloss sided poster board will work just as good, last longer and is way cheaper? AND can be had at the $ store for a buck.

:Thankyou: I LOVE hacks! Never thought of this, before!

Glad to oblige. :)

Old cassette deck hax:
If you have one of these dinosaurs and want to get the fzzt pop hiss out of the heads, polish the head with ultra fine jewelry polishing paper and then clean it with an alcohol dipped swab, then buff with toilet paper, many times its just carbon build up killing it.

CD player hack:
Don't just junk it when it starts skipping! carefully lube the gear track with Vaseline, don't get any on the eye.

Glad to oblige. :)

Old cassette deck hax:
If you have one of these dinosaurs and want to get the fzzt pop hiss out of the heads, polish the head with ultra fine jewelry polishing paper and then clean it with an alcohol dipped swab, then buff with toilet paper, many times its just carbon build up killing it.

CD player hack:
Don't just junk it when it starts skipping! carefully lube the gear track with Vaseline, don't get any on the eye.

An easier way to clean the CD player is to get a head cleaner and run it in the machine for a cycle or 2. They cost $5 at the store and don't void any warranty you may still have.

K and I were going through a blu ray/dvd player every 6 months when they would die due to over heating. When I got the last one (more expensive) I contacted the manufacturer to find out how to take care of it. They mentioned the head cleaner as it is the only way to clean it or it would void the manufacturers warranty and the extended one we bought from the store.

Latest posts

Back