Proper Flag Display

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camo2460

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hey Guys I have a Question, here in Camdenton I have noticed that many places around Town, including the Chamber of Commerce are displaying half of an American Flag sewn to half of a Canadian Flag. This is for some kind of upcoming Games being held in the area, with Nine Nations being represented. Is this a proper way to display the American Flag? My Gut says no, and I'm offended enough that I'm going to express my displeasure tomorrow at the Chamber of Commerce.

Well I know there is some sort of a world class flag committee on flag etequet(spelling?) and that's not proper. with that being said. with all the stuff (I'm being polite here) that Mr. Trump is doing to Canada. there are US citizens who still love Canada and I'm guessing that city is one of them. m2c

No. I do not think it is a proper way to display the United States Flag.
I would also express displeasure at the defacing of the flag that represents our country.

The proper way is to display the US flag up top and the secondary flag underneath it.

Well I know there is some sort of a world class flag committee on flag etequet(spelling?) and that's not proper. with that being said. with all the stuff (I'm being polite here) that Mr. Trump is doing to Canada. there are US citizens who still love Canada and I'm guessing that city is one of them. m2c
I find it disrespectful to both countries. Were this a Canadian city I'd feel the same way, and I do really like Canada. I don't like Canadian politics but I'm not overly pleased with American politics either, though there have been some recent moves in the right direction. (Pun intended)

Okay Guys here's the update: The Flags in Question were not being flown on the Flag Pole with the Stars and Stripes, these were more of a Novelty Item, and was not displaying the entire Flag. This was like articles of Clothing that show some of the Flag but not all of it, and since we do not have a claim on colors, as long as it's not the actual Flag it's okay. I still don't like seeing things like this, and even though I have nothing against Canada, I believe in America first and showing respect for our Flag.

Okay Guys here's the update: The Flags in Question were not being flown on the Flag Pole with the Stars and Stripes, these were more of a Novelty Item, and was not displaying the entire Flag. This was like articles of Clothing that show some of the Flag but not all of it, and since we do not have a claim on colors, as long as it's not the actual Flag it's okay. I still don't like seeing things like this, and even though I have nothing against Canada, I believe in America first and showing respect for our Flag.
Thanks for the update.
Like you I still don't like it.

Latest posts

Back